Chapter 9: L.Joe’s Comfort

Obsession

Chapter 9: L.Joe’s Comfort


You lay on your bed staring at the ceiling. “Because I will make you love me…” Jonghyun’s words played in your mind. “Arghh!!!” you screamed into a pillow. The anger and disgust blend in. As you let everything out, tears set in.

 

You got up and grabbed your phone on the side table. You texted L.Joe;

 

I need you… –Han So Eun

 

You put on a t-shirt and a pairs of jean. You scrambled out from your house and walked to L.Joe’s place. Walking to L.Joe’s place was really a challenge for you because of the uncontrollable tears.

 

When you arrived, L.Joe was there sitting on the staircase waiting for you. You stopped in front of him. He stared at you with a bitter smile. “What’s wrong with you?” he asked and immediately pulled you into his arms.

 

You buried your face in his chest, crying. He shushed you as his hand was patting your back. His heart was crumpling. *Why do I have to see you like this?* he asked in his mind. *I hate this… this hurt me too So Eun.*

 

L.Joe brought you into his place. He put you on a sofa and sat next to you. You covered your face in your hands, wailing even more. As much as you want to stop crying, you can’t. Your emotions really conquered you.

 

You can felt his arms wrapping around you. He was trying his best to calm you down. *Why do I have to break in front of you?*

 

Eventually you fall asleep in his arms.

 

• • • •

 

“Good morning.” L.Joe greeted you with a warm smile. He waited for you to wake up and he even made a breakfast for you.

 

“Where am I?” you asked him confused.

 

He only shrugged his head and chuckled. Then you realized it was his home.

 

“You should wake me up last night.” you said. You rubbed your stinging eyes. They were already swollen due to last night.

 

“No way. Besides your parents knew you’re here.” He said. “I asked for their permission.” He added and giggled. “Coffee?” L.Joe handed you a glass of coffee. You took a sip and thanked him.

 

You were relived to have a friend like him. He made you forget about last night, about Jonghyun. “We should go out. Take a fresh air.” L.Joe grabbed your wrist and dragged you outside to the nearest park. *and I need to ask you something.*

 

• • • •

 

“So, what’s wrong with you?” L.Joe asked. The both of you were sitting on a bench. You stared at him and smiled bitterly.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it L.Joe.” you said.

 

“Why?” he asked you again. You shook your head. If you tell him he won’t understand anyway. He will never understand because he doesn’t know what it felt like to be you.

 

You felt that your life is complicated. Every time you see your face in the mirror, you see her. You see So Ah in you. Ever since she died you really wish you guys weren’t born as a twin.

 

“It’s okay… you can tell me whenever you are ready.” L.Joe took your hand and squeezed it. Then out of the blue he laughed. You were confused and looked at him as if he lost his mind.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” You asked him, horrified. He stopped laughing and stared at you.

 

“I’m not sure if this is a right time…” he paused, scratching the back of his neck. You smiled at his cuteness.

 

“But will you go out with me? On a date?”

 


And so... A BRIGHT CHAPTER!!!

A special shout out to my lovely commentor: @ViviChenny, @DreamingLight & @Milafanway.

You guys are awesome!!! Free hugs?