Chapter 27: Smiling & Laughing

Obsession

Chapter 27: Smiling & Laughing


After a few attempt of trying to convince you to go out, you finally agreed to go out. You wore a white neckline cut point T-shirt with floral short pants.

 

“I’m done…” you announced as you went downstairs.

 

Your parents nodded happily and linked their arm on with yours. You were definitely were packed between your parent.

 

“Where are you guys taking me anyway?” you asked impatient with the long walk. Your dad winked at your mom and then the both of them looked at you with a smirked.

 

You involuntarily rolled your eyes, which earned you a chortle from your parents. “Guys!” you whined and pouted.

 

“Aigoo… Our daughter here is really clueless.” Your mom said to your dad.

 

He shook his head and then ruffled your hair. You shot a dagger at him before letting go off the linking arms. You stopped in front of them and crossed your arms. “Seriously…” you furrowed your eyes at them.

 

You dad shrugged as your mom looked at him. She then eyed you and smiled. “Picnic!” she announced excitedly and then lifted her left hand. She was carrying a basket. You then gazed your dad, he was bringing a mat with him.

 

You aired your hands and involuntarily rolled your eyes before letting a small laugh. “So we’re going to the park?” you asked with a hint of smirk.

 

Your parents nodded simultaneously. You smirked at them as they stared at you in confusion. *One… Two… Three…* you turned around and ran towards the park. “The last one to get there buys the winner ice cream!” you shouted.

 

“Hey that’s cheating!” both of them yelled before running after you. *This is the So Eun we want.* your parents thought.

 

• • • •

 

“I remember that one!” you snapped and then laughed. Your parents were recalling about your childhood.

 

“You were ridiculous. You should just go for the gold.” Your dad added as he laughed along. “You were supposed to be in the first place but you wanted to be the runner up.”

 

“Hey! I love silver!” you said almost serious but then when back to laughing.

 

“Remember how your dad lost his voice after that day? He was shouting his heart out so that you cut the finish line.” You mom said as she poured orange juice into the paper cup.

 

It was during the school sport day, when you were only in kindergarten. You were first to arrive at the finishing line, but instead of stepping on the line you waited behind the white line. Until a kid crossed the finishing line, then you came second. You didn’t want the gold, you want the silver.

 

“Sorry dad.” You apologized. Your dad only shook his head and laughed.

 

“I won’t forgive you if I went mute by then.” He joked and pulled you into his embrace.

 

“Can I have my ice cream now?” you asked in his hug. Your mom only laughed at your question. She eyed your dad and stuck her tongue out.

 

“But you were cheating.” Your dad sulked.

 

“So did mom.” You replied and then chortled.

 

“Okay then, who’s up for Frutti Tutti?” your dad asked in defeat. Your mom and you rose and arms together and beamed the whole world.

 

• • • •

 

After having the treat, you decided to go to the bookstore. Your parent went home as they were too exhausted to go with you.

 

Besides, it’s been a while you haven’t left the house. At least this can help you to ease a bit.

 

Since, you were running out of books to read, you decided to buy a new book. You ran your fingers at the spine of the books as you scanned through the title. One book grabbed your interest. You pulled it out from the shelf and sat on the floor to read the synopsis.

 

She woke up remembering only a guy… Nothing else…” You read to yourself. As you were reading the back of the book, a hand pulled you up and dragged you out of the bookstore…


Second update for today! Mission Accomplished! Slow chapter don't you think? And look! cliffhanger!