Chapter 26: The Walking Dead

Obsession

Chapter 26: The Walking Dead


You stared at you scarred palms as you remembered what happen a week ago. You leaned your head at the hand railing of the stairs and shut your eyes, letting the sun touched your face. *Morning vitamin.* you thought.

 

A hand shook your shoulder causing you to snap at the person. “Mind if I join in?” It was your dad. He smiled at you and took his place next to you.

 

He took your head and rested it on his shoulder. “I need to talk to you about something…” he hesitated.

 

“What is it?” you asked not interested.

 

“It’s almost two months since we left Philippines… The company called and I was wondering if–”

 

“I’m staying dad… Mom will be alone if I’m going with you.” you cut him.

 

Your dad nodded. “Okay… If that’s what you want.” He said in a dissatisfy tone. He really wanted you to go with him but he didn’t want to stop you from staying. For him, you became fragile after your twin sister’s death.

 

“Did you know?” he broke the silent air.

 

You shook your head, nonchalantly. “What?” you asked expressionless.

 

“L.Joe…” he said almost whispering. After what happened, your parent knew what L.Joe is to you. They knew about the break up. “He’s leaving today…”

 

Your heart stabbed, hearing your dad. You only nodded. “I’m taking a nap.” You announced, heartlessly and got up. You then went to your room.

 

Your dad watched you. He was worry about your conditions. Ever since that night, you barely talked and you only locked yourself in a room. You only came out when you were hungry. Every night you had to cry yourself to bed.

 

Once you were in your room, you went to the bathroom. You turned the shower on and sat down next to the bathtub. You hugged your knees and started to wail like there was no tomorrow.

 

Pain never leave, even putting a smile is hard for you. Even if you smiled your eyes were telling the otherwise. That was only the small part of it. The biggest part – sometimes you were considering to end your life.

 

• • • •

 

L.Joe was standing in front of your house, debating whether he should knocked the door or just leave without bidding you goodbye. He shook his head and went back to the taxi.

 

“L.Joe?” A voice called him, stopping him from entering the cab.

 

L.Joe turned and bowed ninety degrees. “Hello, Mrs. Han.” He greeted. Your mom was right on time, she was about to throw the rubbish away.

 

“De, Annyeong. What are you doing here?” she asked as she smiled affectionately. L.Joe took the plastic bag from her hand and put it in the trash can.

 

“I came here to say goodbye.” He said, managing a smile.

 

“Oh… So you come to see So Eun. I’ll bring her to you. Come in first.” She said. L.Joe shook his head. Your mom stared at him, confused.

 

“No, it’s okay…” he said in monotone. “Mrs. Han, can I ask you something?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“How is she?” L.Joe asked. He was worried about you and everyday he would call your parents to ask you about your condition.

 

“Worse…” your mom replied with teary eyes. “We don’t know what to do… Just now her dad asked her if she wanted to go back to Philippines but she said she’s staying…”

 

L.Joe stared at the ground and sighed. His tears were threatening him to fall. “Mrs. Han, I should go now. Tell Mr. Han I dropped by.” He smiled politely. “Goodbye…” he said before going inside the taxi.

 

He waved goodbye for the last time before leaning his back on the seat. He rested his right hand on his left chest and shut his eyes. *I want to see you smiling again So Eun-ah.*


Hello Readers~ Chapter 26 is up! Like a boss. Enjoy~ Double update for today...