Chapter 20: Three Hearts

Obsession

Chapter 20: Three Hearts


Jonghyun was surprised by your action but the urge to kiss you back was unimaginable. He missed his dead girlfriend and if there is someone to comfort him, it’s you.

 

He broke the kiss and lifted your chin. “But I swear I started to miss you more than I miss her.” He whispered and kissed you again.

 

“And I swear I love you…” he confessed. His eyes were full of sincerity and honesty.

 

You looked at him deep in the eyes. Your heart started to pump at an abnormal speed. It was the same feeling you felt after going out with him. And it wasn’t the same feeling you experience with L.Joe, it was something else.

 

You shut your eyes and inhaled a deep breath. “I love you too…” you forced those words out, making your inside twitched. You knew why you did it – it was for the girl you love. *Han So Ah…*

 

A dark figure was standing behind a tree, clutching his fist, trying to hold back his anger. *Why are you hurting yourself So Eun?* he thought.

 

He know that you were doing to Jonghyun, that three words you coming out of your mouth was used because you didn’t want to break Jonghyun’s heart. And those three words break his heart too.

 

L.Joe saw everything you did to Jonghyun. From the joke to the sudden kiss to the confession, he witnessed it all. He regretted going to this place so much. He hated the fact that he wanted to go to this place.

 

• • • •

 

Once Jonghyun was out of your sight, you dropped yourself on the pebbles. *What have I done?* you were trying hard to recall everything. You bent your knees and hugged it.

 

You touched the charm of your bracelet. Then tears were flowing out off your eyes. “L.Joe…” you called out.

 

L.Joe’s heart ached even more when he saw you crying on the ground alone. He wanted to go to you and gave you the warmest hug but something stopped him. The pain he experienced was too much. He wanted to run away but he can’t. His feet were glued on the ground.

 

“I swear I don’t love him. I love you so much and I don’t dare to break your heart.” You talked to yourself not knowing L.Joe was there. He can hear you clearly.

 

He leaned against the tree and closed his eyes preventing the tears from getting it way to freedom. “I don’t think I can face you anymore. I deceive the love. Our love that we share.” You said between the sobs.

 

“I promise you, I love you.” you said as you squeezed the charm inside your palms. Tears reached the ground, shattering into million pieces. You looked ahead of you. “Lee Byunghun! I LOVE YOU!” you screamed your heart out.

 

His heart skipped a beat as a bitter smile lit up his face, he was aware that you love him. *I know… I can see it.*

 

“I love you too…” he whispered, answering you.

 

Then you can feel a droplet of water touched your cheek. You wiped it off; you knew it too well that it didn’t come from you. You extended your arm; few tickling droplets were collected in your palm. You looked up the sky and heard the whispering wind. Then there came the rain.

 

You didn’t ran away to keep yourself dry, you stayed there resting your forehead on your knees. You let the rain washed you as you join the sky crying. The painful throb of your heart really made it comeback.

 

L.Joe wanted to protect you from the rain but he didn’t do it because he was sure if he showed himself to you, it will hurt you. And it will hurt him if you were hurt…


L♥VE!