Chapter 21: Break Up

Obsession

Chapter 21: Break Up


You approached L.Joe who was waiting for you at the beach. He was staring at the view with his hands in the pocket. You didn’t say a word; you stood next to him and looked at the blue water.

 

“It’s pretty right?” L.Joe broke the silent. He was trying hard not to think about last night. You didn’t reply him.

 

“Is everything okay?” L.Joe covered your view; he was standing in front of you. You stared him in the eyes and shrugged your head.

 

“You sure?” he asked again. He placed his hands on your shoulders and lowered himself so your eyes were on the same level. “Did you cry?” he looked concern. He then wrapped his arms around you.

 

You closed your eyes and inhaled his scent. You treasured that moment and told yourself to remember it forever. Then you pushed him. He was surprised by your action. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I want a break up.” You said in a cold tone.

 

As if lightning struck him, L.Joe only stood still. “Break up?”

 

“Yes.” You simply replied.

 

“Why?”

 

“I’m tired.”

 

He shook his head disbelieved. “Bull. There’s no such thing as tired in relationship.” L.Joe snapped. The smile on his face faded.

 

“How would you know?!” You asked raising your voice.

 

“So Eun, are you even in the right state?” he asked as a hint of annoyance blend in.

 

You smirked at him. “Like it matters.”

 

“Is it because of that guy?” he asked, softly. He placed his hands on your shoulder.

 

Your eyes widened *How on earth?* but then you looked away from him. “There’s no guy…” you said cold.

 

L.Joe scoffed. “Don’t lie So Eun.” You snapped at him. “You can tell him to back off.”

 

“There’s no ‘him’ in this L.Joe!” you yelled.

 

He shook his head, knowing you were lying. “Tell him that you love me.”

 

You chuckled sarcastically and glared at him. “Tell who?!”

 

“You don’t understand L.Joe. If I stay with you, I will break your heart. I don’t love you anymore.” you said, stabbing your perfectly beating heart.

 

“You’re lying…” he said above whispering. *So Eun. I know you.*

 

“I’M NOT!” you yelled. “We’re done!”

 

“No! Han So Eun! No!” L.Joe was gripping your arms.

 

“Lee Byunghun! Listen! Let me go!” you yelled, and pulled your wrist off his grip. “I’m sorry.” you whispered as you stared at him apologetically and then you left him behind. Your chest was trying hard not to collapse at that time. At least not in front of him.

 

L.Joe caught your hand again and twirled you around. “I was there last night. I saw everything. I heard everything…”

 

The colours on your face were drained out. Your heart was threatening to crash anytime. “I-I d-don’t k-know what are you t-talking about?” you stuttered.

 

He placed his hands on your arms. “I know that you were lying to about loving him, So Eun… ”

 

“I do love him L.Joe…” you whispered staring at the sandy floor. “Let me go…” L.Joe gripped your arms tighter before letting it go.

 

He knew you were lying about you feeling towards Jonghyun but his heart was already starting to crumble. He closed his eyes and inhaled a painful air.*If you really want me to let you go then…*

 

“Tell me that you love him… Again…” L.Joe stuttered upon his words, whispering the last word.

 

You stared at him apologetically. *If this, what it take to let you go off me, then…* “I love him.” you didn’t realised you were breaking in front of him.

 

“No, this time say his name. Tell me you love Jonghyun.”

 

“I. love. Kim. Jonghyun.”

 

“Now tell me to back off.” He said crumpling his heart in the process. *Tell me like you mean it. So I can let you go…*

 

*What are you trying to do L.Joe?* you stared at him and swallowed you dry throat. “I don’t love you anymore. Don’t you ever show me you face.” You paused and wiped the tears away. “I’m sick of you!” you said ice cold.

 

L.Joe let go off his hold and backed away. He foolishly took it by heart. Even though he knew that you were lying – that everything you said, you do were only your acting skills, he foolishly believed it.

 

You walked away from the beach leaving your love behind. You hold your throbbing heart as tears were already set in. Your knees were weak to walk away but you forced yourself. *I’m sorry, L.Joe…*

 

Once you were out off L.Joe sight, he broke out crying. He couldn’t hold himself anymore. *I know you were lying So Eun… I can see that. But why is my heart hurts so badly?* His knees dropped on the sand and bent his body. His forehead was almost touching the rough sand. He stayed there crying his heart out.

 


That's pretty much about it! Just kill me for separating the both of you... No more L.Joe and You!!!