Chapter 30: Jonghyun’s Date

Obsession

Chapter 30: Jonghyun’s Date  


When you woke up that morning, Jonghyun was already leaning himself on the door crossed arms. “Good morning lazy girl… Let’s have breakfast outside.” He announced as he forced you to get up from the bed.

 

“Why aren’t you in Jeju?” you whined annoyed at him.

 

“Ouch!” he clutched his chest telling that he was in pain. You threw a pillow at him and ran to the bathroom.

 

• • • •

 

“Jonghyun where are you taking me?” You asked as he was driving the car.

 

“Somewhere.” He replied short and smirked.

 

“Seriously where are you ‘kidnapping’ me?” you asked, emphasizing every word.

 

“Okay So Eun. One, I’m not kidnapping you and two, we’re going on a date.” He replied as his eyes were off the road.

 

You stared at him in horror. *What the hell? I thought you are letting me go.* you thought about what had happened during your birthday - his gift to you.

 

“I thought we’re having a breakfast not a date…” you stuttered.

 

“We are.” He replied and then chuckled.

 

You glared at him as you were mentally telling yourself to make a hole on his face. “I still need my face to stay alive.” He sang sarcastically and turned the car to the left.

 

You still were locking your eyes on him until the car finally stopped. He unbuckled his seat belt and a smile grew on his face. “We’re here.” He announced as he helped you to unbuckle the belt.

 

You looked around and realized where you were. You were at the beach, at the place where it reminds you of everything. That beach was where you and L.Joe had your first kiss, where a beautiful dinner was set and on the very place where the both of you fought and ended the relationship. This is place where you don’t ever want to visit again.

 

“Can we at least go somewhere else?” You blurted out.

 

Jonghyun looked at you confused. “But we’re already here.” He replied. 

 

“No.” you protested. Jonghyun grabbed your wrist and dragged you away. You were trying hard to free yourself.

 

His grips were tightened even more. “You are not going anywhere.” He said making your spine shivered. You had no choice but to follow him.

 

“We’re here.” Jonghyun announced. He let go of his grip and winked at you. “Here’s your date.” He announced. You looked what were ahead of you.

 

You snapped at Jonghyun and stared at him in horror and shook your head. “What are you doing?” you whispered at him. He only shrugged his shoulder and then winked.

 

“Have fun~” He sung. He then left you alone with someone who you wanting to see. It’s been almost a year since the last time you saw him. For a year, you didn’t talk to him. And for a year, you were trying to forget him but fail.

 

L.Joe turned around from the view of the sea and lit a charming smile as he saw you. When you see his smile, your heart skipped a beat as butterflies developed in your tummy. Ignoring those feelings, you stepped a step away, before turning around.

 

“So Eun” He called making your spine shivered. He grabbed your wrist to stop you. You can feel he was right behind you as his hot breath were reaching the back of your neck. “Don’t go.” He said softly.

 

*I wish to stay.* you thought. You took a deep breath before pulling your wrist off his grip. You shook your head. “Mianhae…” you whispered and moved away from him.

 

“Why are you apologizing?” L.Joe asked as he blocked your way. He was staring you deep in the eyes. You removed your gaze as tears welled up in your eyes. You steal a deep breath to hold yourself from crying.

 

“Then tell me what you did wrong?” he asked in desperation. His eyes were watery. As soon as he blinked, tear was let out.

 

“I’m sorry because I hurt you!” you yelled once you saw his tears. It made your heart throb painfully. “I’m sorry because I left you!” you said, crying in the process. “I’m sorry because I made you cry and I’m sorry for being selfish.”

 

You then wiped his tears with you thumb. You then put your hands on his cheeks and stared him in the eyes. “I’m sorry for loving you too much, that I hurt you in the process. No matter how much I want to stop loving you, I can’t because I don’t know how and loving you is ‘permanent’. I’m–”

 

You were cut by his lips. He was kissing you, hard. You were flabbergasted by his sudden action. Since your body was telling you to kiss him back, you did it.

 

“I miss and love you.” L.Joe whispered between the kiss. He grabbed your waist and pulled you closer so that you can feel his warm body. You dug your hands in his hair as the kiss was getting deeper.

 

“I love you too.” You said once the kiss was over.

 

“I know that and will always know that.” he said and leaned closer. He paused when your lips were millimetre away from him. He ily stared into you eyes. “Did you enrol into kissing class lately?”

 

You backed your head and chortled. “What the hell L.Joe?” and smacked his chest.

 

“Because that was one hell of a kiss.”