Chapter 3: Twin Connection

Obsession

Chapter 3: Twin Connection


The lesson was disrupted when the school clerk was knocking the door with a gloomy expression. “Han So Eun, please come with me to the administration office.” She said on the frame of the door.

 

As soon as you heard your name mentioned, you snapped at her, confused. *What did I do?* you asked inside. *I swear I didn’t break any of the school rules.*

 

“And please pack your things.” She then added with a bitter smile.

 

Despite the confusion you had in yourself, you obeyed the order and walked toward the administration office, with a small smile.

 

The smile died right away when you saw your dad was waiting for you. Like the clerk, he too was gloomy. *What is wrong with people these days?*

 

“Hi dad, what’s going on?” You asked him. He made a short eye contact and remained silent.

 

“We should hurry up.” He said without any rush in his voice. He then walked out of the office and you followed him. You can feel it right away, that bad thing just struck him and didn’t even bother to ask him any question.

 

You stared at him as he drove the car silently and you realized his eyes were swollen. “Appa… what’s going on?” you asked him, desperately. Desperate that the mystery was killing you.

 

He stopped the car on the side of the road. “So Eun-ah, we’re leaving,” he announced without removing his eyes from the windshield.

 

“Why?” You asked. “What about my friends? L.Joe? I should at least bid him goodbye.” You said, shouting-panicked. “Did the company fire you? Appa?”

 

He shook his head as tears were falling from his eyes, that was the first time you saw him shredded into tears. “Appa! Tell me! Why?!” You asked, shouting in desperation – he need to answer you.

 

Your heart ached seeing your dad crumbled into pieces and at the same time you felt like half of you were gone. *So Ah… *

 

“Is there something wrong with So Ah?” You asked him, shaking. You gave him a horror look. “She’s fine right?”

 

Every time So Ah is in trouble you can feel it in your spine. But this time that feeling laden you, it was as if you were carrying a back bag filled with big rocks on your back and your heart was already making a hole.

 

Your dad didn’t answer and he continued driving to the airport.

 

None of you talked in the plane, the silent air never fail to blend in, not even when the two of you arrived at Incheon Airport. Despite the bad feeling, You were happy to be home.

 

When you and your dad arrived at the familiar place, you immediately burst inside the place you called home. “So Eun.” your mom called you and hugged you tightly. That hug was telling you something – she was glad she has you.

 

“Where’s So Ah?” You asked. Your mom let go off you as she stared at you in horror. She weakly turned her head towards a table which were placed in front of the window.

 

Your heart dropped once you turned to her. There she was, smiling affectionately at you. “What happened to her?” you stammered. You swallowed your dried throat and approached her. *What have you done?* you thought as you touched her face that was covered by a thin sheet of glass. It was only her picture.

 

“So Ah~” you called as you took the picture and hugged it right away. A stabbed of pain hit you in the chest as your breath became uneven. Tears were already filling your eyes.

 

You dropped your knees on the floor, bending your body forward as her picture was still in your tight hug. It became clear to you that she’s no longer around. Arms were suddenly wrapped around you. Without looking who it was, you started to break. “Umma, I’m dreaming right?” you asked between your sobs.

 

“Mianhae, So Eun-ah… Mianhae…” you mom whispered, sending another wave of tears of her.