Chapter 29: His Birthday Gift

Obsession

Chapter 29: His Birthday Gift


A Year Later…

 

“Happy birthday my dear daughter!” your dad greeted through the phone. He was in the Philippines. You thanked him and after a long conversation you concluded the call.

 

You get up from the dining chair and smiled at your mom. “He said he loves you…” you told her and chucked the milk tea off. You walked over to your mom and peck her cheeks. “Got to go… or I’ll be late.” You announced.

 

“And thank you for the headband. I love you!” you added and ran outside. You saw your friend, Changjo waiting for you in his car. You ran over to him. “What are you doing here?” you asked as you eyed his suspiciously.

 

He reached to open the door for you. “Birthday girl shouldn’t walk to school. I’m giving you a ride.” He explained. “Besides, Niel and Chunji will be excited that you are riding with us.” He added.

 

You smiled at him and nodded. Once you put your seatbelt on, “But where’s my present?” You extended your palm at him and waved it in front of him.

 

He looked at you and winked, playfully. “A kiss it is!” he announced as he leant closer.

 

You backed away and shot a deathly glare. “~” you mumbled. “Drive Changjo!”

 

He sighed in defeat. “Arasso~”

 

• • • •

 

You were walking down the hallway, when a pair of arms wrapped you. *There goes Bang Min Soo.* you stopped walking and turned to him.

 

“Yah! Bang Min Soo, how many times do I have to tell you not to surprise hug me?!”

 

He sheepishly laughed. “But it’s your birthday hug…” he frowned. You rolled your eyes but then you spread your arms. He smirked and wrapped his arms around you. “Smile always! I love seeing you smile and smile, smile, smile...” he said sounding like a kid.

 

“Okay I get it… smile.” You undoes the hug and hung you bag at his shoulder. “I’m hungry… Let’s go!” you ran towards the cafeteria. You swear you heard him cursed at you.

 

“Birthday girl!” it was Ricky. He waved his hands at you. You approached the table. Everyone was there. Except for CAP he was behind you. Niel pulled you to sit down next to him.

 

“So… we were planning to hit the club later… The rich boy will be paying.” Niel said as he looked at Chunji. “And we won’t take N-O for an answer. So you are in…”

 

You gave them a look before shaking your head. “Damn…” CAP whined. “It’ll be fun. It’s your birthday…”

 

“I want to but I can’t I have other things after this.” you explained.

 

“Please…” CAP was throwing you his aeygo, which is more cuter than the aeygo prince Ricky.

 

The boys snickered. “You definitely can’t say no now.” You heard Changjo said in sarcasm.

 

You let a laugh. “I have a sister to visit.

 

“Oh…” CAP dropped his aeygo and sighed in defeat. “We forgot. ‘She’ shares the same birthday. Tomorrow then?” he suggested.

 

You rolled your eyes in disbelieve. “Okay… and the rich boy is still paying right?” you looked at Chunji and stuck your tongue out. He only chortled.

 

It’s been a year since everything happened. You haven’t talked to L.Joe and were nowhere to call him. Jonghyun didn’t show up after that day.

 

You went to Seoul University and met CAP, Chunji, Niel, Ricky and Changjo. These boys were always by your side and helped you to move on. Especially CAP who always remind you to smile.

 

These boys are like your brothers and they never failed to make you laugh. You practically moved on from everything.

 

“And yup say hello to So Ah.” Niel said, earning a smack from Chunji.

 

You giggled at them. “I will…”

 

• • • •

 

You placed a pink rose – So Ah’s favourite flower on the stone table. You bowed at her grave and smiled at it. “Happy Birthday!” you greeted. You sat on the ground crossed legs. You plucked the grass and played with it.

 

“I miss you…” you said with a smile. “A lot…” you emphasized. “Heaven a good place yes?” you asked and then chortled. You then bent your knees and stared at her grave. You touched the back pocket of your jeans to make sure you still have ‘it’.

 

You didn’t know how long you’ve been sitting there before a figure was approaching you. You looked up and gaped in surprised. *Jonghyun…* you stood up and brushed you jeans from the dirt. You bowed at him.

 

He smiled and then he nodded at you. He turned to So Ah and placed a bouquet of pink roses on the stone table. *Great, Jonghyun beat me by a dozen of flower.*

 

You didn’t leave instead you wait for Jonghyun to finish ‘talking’ to So Ah.

 

“Wanna grab a coffee?” you asked sincerely. Seriously, you miss him.

 

He only nodded in agreement.

 

• • • •

 

“How are you?” you asked breaking the silent.

 

“I’m fine. How about you?”

 

“Great…” you shortly replied and then took a sip of latte. “Where have you been?” you asked him beating the curiosity. Who won’t? He was disappearing after what happen.

 

“Jeju. I moved to Jeju… I found a job there…” he replied. “How about you?”

 

“College…”

 

He looked at you for a moment and then removed his gazed. “I learn to let you go…” he said.

 

You snapped at him. You didn’t even bother to ask him to understand him. Your heart warmed at his ‘announcement’.

 

“It wasn’t easy but I did it.” he set his eyes at you and smiled. “I didn’t realise you were forcing yourself for me. I’m sorry for that.”

 

You shook your head. “That’s the past, Jonghyun.”

 

You then took out a blue box from your pocket and place it on the table. “I wanted to give this to you… But I didn’t get the chance.” You said as you slid the box to him.

 

He stared at you in confusion. “It’s her necklace.” You added. Jonghyun opened the box and took the inside out.

 

It was the necklace that the both of you had since you two were a kid. It was a silver necklace with a heart shape pendent with your name on the back of it.

 

“I have it too.” You said as you hooked off the necklace from your neck and showed it to him.

 

“It’s the same but mine had her name on it. It’s a twin thing.” You said in a hint of sarcasm. “You can have hers. She would love that.” you smiled.

 

He looked at you and then at the pendant. A smile caressed his face. “Thank you… but sorry I didn’t get you something as a birthday gift.” He said.

 

You shook your head. “It’s okay… hearing that you let me go is enough. More than enough…”

 

“So we’re okay now?” he asked unsure.

 

You laughed in return.


I don’t know about this chapter. I forwarded it to one year. Yup! I just did that… and tell me if I miss any plot. And BTW! The ending vibe… can you feel it? This will end soon. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter… and LVE!