Chapter 19: Han River

Obsession

Chapter 19: Han River


After the long session of crying in your mom hug, you took yourself out. Just to fill your mind with fresh air. You didn’t bother to look where you were going. You only trust your foot to bring you ‘there’.

 

When your body were telling you to stop, you obeyed and a smirk were plastered on your face. You looked up at the heaven. “You gotta be kidding me, Lord.” You said to the black sky.

 

Han Riverwas the destination out of many places. It was So Ah favourite place on the entire planet. “It’s more than enough, So Ah. You already came to ‘visit’ me in my dream.” You said and went to the hand railing. You placed your feet on the bottom of the railing and gripped your hands onto it.

 

“I can kill you!” you bluntly shouted and then realised what you said. *She is dead.* you laughed alone and shook your head. You were enjoying the beauty of the calm river and inhaled the fresh air as if there were no tomorrow.

 

• • • •

 

“It’s best to enjoy the view with a warm beverage.” A steaming cup of cocoa appeared in front of your eyes. You snapped at the person who was offering you the drink.

 

A mixture of annoyance and happiness were battered inside you. Annoyed because So Ah’s lover was there and it seems like she was fooling around with you from the above; and happy because you realised you were lonely and need accompany.

 

“Hello Jonghyun…” you greeted almost excited. “What brings you here?” you asked as you blew the drink to cool it down.

 

He shrugged, “I don’t know… What brings you here?” he asked. His tone was bright as ever.

 

“I have no idea how I ended up here.” You chuckled.

 

Your chuckles made Jonghyun’s heart melt. *She’s cute.* he stared at you as you eyes went back to the scenery drinking the cocoa.

 

From the corner of your eyes you knew he was staring at you. “I know I’m adoring to look at but please don’t make it obvious…” you said sarcastically and then laughed.

 

Jonghyun removed his eyes from you and cleared his throat. “I’m sorry.” He said, trying to hide his embarrassment which obviously fail. He was blushing hard.

 

You unconsciously pinched his cheeks. “Omo! Our Jonghyun is blushing…” you teased.

 

Jonghyun stepped a step to the right, just to get rid off your ‘torturing’ pinch. “You’re hurting me.” he whined, pouting as he rubbed his cheek.

 

You rolled your eyes at his cute reaction and then continued laughing. He then crossed his arms and groaned. You stopped laughing and swallowed your drink avoiding from being scold by him.

 

“See, you should be apologizing right now.” He spoke up.

 

You heaved a sigh and nodded. “I’m sorry Jonghyun-shi…” this time you turned to him and attacked him with puppy eyes.

 

“Aigoo~ Our So Eun is so cute.” He said as he pinched your cheeks. You yelped in pain as you tried to free yourself from him.

 

“You’re very torturous. I wonder how So Ah can cope with you?” you asked as you stared at the river. The twitching pain from the pinch didn’t left.

 

“She’s immune to me.” Jonghyun replied, sarcastic.

 

“You miss her?” you asked, bluntly. *! I should have been careful…*

 

“That’s why I’m here. Every time I miss her I’ll come to this place.” He answered, painfully. “But today it’s different because her twin is here.” He added almost cheerful.

 

*if moving from So Ah’s death is hard for me… I can’t imagine Jonghyun’s.* you thought. Apart of you realized you care. You care for him…

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to-”

 

“I’m fine.” He cut your sentence. “I think…” he then chuckled, trying to wear off the sadness.

 

*I’m sorry…*you said silently. You moved in front of him and stretched your arms, to hug him. The next thing you knew, your lips touched his.

 


“WHAT THE HECK?! I can’t believe I wrote that! *slapping my face.* I’m so so so sorry! Team L.Joe! Mianhae! I know my readers want to strangle me to dead right now… *Hiding behind L.Joe.* I’m untouchable!!! Hahaha!”