Chapter Two

Can I continue feeling this way?

It was a wonder any of us got up in the morning. Falling asleep a while after midnight, added to the exhaustion from the day before, could’ve put us out for days if we hadn’t had things to do. I was the first one to wake up, although the most cranky in the morning, and went to get everyone else up as well. Within thirty minutes life like creatures started to emerge from the rooms. It was hard to tell what species they were. Wobbling and like they’ve awoken from the dead, I couldn’t help but laugh. They scowled at the loud intrusion as they walked in the kitchen and plopped down on the stools in front of the countertop. 

 
Since it was nearly noon, I just decided to cook lunch. I didn’t know how to make everything, but I could survive a few months on my own cooking. I pulled out the vegetables, cutting board, and spices and started preparing the meal. They all watched me cook it, curious and now actually awake from the smell that was traveling through the house.
 
“Kris hyung, what are you doing?” Lay looked up at me as I pulled out five plates and forks. I looked up at him and smiled, but didn’t answer his question. I could hear various growls in the room, tummy’s ready to devour what concoction I had just made. There really was no name for what I had cooked, I had just put food together and cooked it until it tasted okay. 
 
Turning around, I looked at the order of the sitters. There was XiuMin on the far left, Lay next to him, Chen next to Lay, LuHan next to Chen, and Tao on the far right. My eyes stopped at the latter boy. I had caught him mid-yawn, rubbing his eyes with his fists. I don’t think he could’ve been any cuter if he tried. I think I had stared too long as Lay once again interrupted my thoughts.
 
“Hyung! Hurry!” He pounded the counter with his fists, startling the rest of the members.
 
“Yah! Because you did that, you’re eating last.” I said to him sternly. This works out perfectly- I wanted to feed Tao first and now I could justify it! Yes!
 
I held in my smile as I walked to Tao. “Here.” I said softly as I scooped out a portion for him. All of his hyungs stared in jealousy as Tao almost immediately dug in. I carefully examined his expression, looking for any signs of distaste.
 
I didn’t see any.
 
“Gege hyung! It’s so good!” Tao said as he put his arms out. He almost immediately put them around me in a hug with his head on my shoulder and both his arms around my neck. It surprised me so much I didn’t have time to react, and when I came to my senses he had already released his grip and took another mouthful. My face caught fire. Why? As Tao released his grip, he lowered his head.  And as he lowered his head, his lips grazed the skin of my neck, sending a chill down my spine. Feeling my face brighten by the second, I turned around and pretended to add something to the food before I fed the others. After cooling off a bit, I turned back around and slightly bent over the countertop to serve the them. They all said thanks and downed it like there was no tomorrow. After getting several compliments that I denied, I collected their empty plates and put them in the sink to be cleaned.
 
“Hyung! Hyung! No, I want seconds!” I heard behind me.
 
“Hyung! Come back! I want more!” I heard again. 
 
I the water and waited until it got warm. I spoke as I turned around.
 
“No. You all have things you need to do today. Go get washed up and ready, arraso?”
 
All I got as a response were groans. They made their way to the bathrooms and washed up. After I washed the dishes, I walked down the hall of the bedrooms. There were four rooms, two on each side. If I stood at the front, Tao’s room was on the left, as well as mine, and XiuMin, Lay, Chen, and Luhan’s were on the right. I felt kind of bad for Tao and I both getting a single room; I couldn’t imagine what it would be like to constantly share a room. The others said they didn’t mind, but I felt they were lying. Regardless, I would let any of them sleep in my room if they ever needed to get away, so I guess that made it a little better.
 
I realized I was just standing in front of the rooms staring like an idiot, so I started to walk towards my room. I took my time, noticing how the water had stopped running. They must’ve finished their showers. It was eerily quiet. I think everyone was in their room except for me. Echoes of music could be heard through the door, Lay probably dancing as he got dressed.
 
Yes, I was still walking, as my room was the farthest down, and the corridor was atleast 40 feet long. I finally got to my door, but saw a figure in the corner of my eye. Turning my head, I froze. Tao was there, standing behind me.
 
His still damp hair stuck to his forehead, creating a slight shadow over his eyelids. His earrings reflected the light of the room more than well; he must’ve forgotten to take them off before he went in. My mouth dropped as my eyes traveled down his neck and to his collarbone, realizing that he was only wearing a white towel around his toned waist. A droplet of water slid from his throat down to the start of his chest. I followed that drop as it continued down, stopping and starting again as it traced edges of his abdominal muscles. It slid down once more in the hope that it could travel further, only to fall in the trap of the micro fringed fabric.
 
All of the blood in my body either went to my face or my crotch.
 
My gaze stayed below his waste for some time, then lowered, catching another droplet as it glided down his leg and soon disappeared. Brining my eyes back up to his, I gulped. Louder than I meant to. He had been staring at me. Or, staring at me staring at him, rather. 
 
“Hyung?” He spoke up. I barely responded. My mouth already hanging open, I forced it to close and nodded my head.
 
“Mmmm?”
 
“Can I… borrow one of your underwears?” He scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. “Mine are in the wash…” He looked away, obviously embarrassed to be asking me this question.
 
“Yeah.” I composed myself on the outside while practically dying on the inside. Opening the door, I told him to go inside first. Once we were both in, he spun around.
 
“Wow, hyung! Your room is so big!” He said cheerily. I nearly had a heart attack when he rose his arms as he spun, fearing, or wanting, a slip of the towel. I walked over to my dresser and motioned for him to come as well. Opening it, I pointed to the right side.
 
“Pick from those. They’re all new.” I said simply. I won’t lie, I was still screaming to myself.
 
“Whaaaa. So many! Striped, plaid, polka dot, plain, glow-in-the-dark, moustaches, hearts-”
 
“T-tao, just pick one.” I laughed as I said that, amused by his amusement, but mentally face palmed myself for stuttering.
 
“Ahhh… Aish. I can’t pick…” He trailed off and then looked up at me brightly. “Hyung! You pick for me!”
 
Again, mental face palm.
 
Without even looking, I pulled one out. Plaid. Lovely. I was wearing plaid too.
 
Third mental face palm.
 
In the last five minutes.
 
I should really stop doing this.
 
Before I kill more of my brain cells.
 
“I can’t put it on if you keep holding onto it” He laughed at me, bringing me out of my thoughts. I hadn’t realized that I was still clutching onto the fabric, not letting Tao have it.
 
I laughed an apology, let go, and closed the drawer. I was still standing next to Tao, and saw him moving, so instinctively my eyes turned to see what he was doing.
 
My eyes nearly bulged out of my head, unable to turn away.
 
Tao had started to change.
 
Right there.
 
Next to me.