Chapter Thirty Four

Can I continue feeling this way?

I've been kind of MIA because I've been busy writing oneshots. If you're interested, I wrote three: taoriskaisoo, and layris :D tell me what you think!!

(the layris one but the rest are okay)

200 SUBSCRIBERS!!!!!!

 

As a thank you, I will be doing a double or triple or quadrupal (okay maybe not quadrupal) update. The next update will be up around midnight, so I don't know if that counts but yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 200 subscribers!! 

I want to thank all of my new subscribers that I havent named since last time: yeeuhxkpop26yingying12BunnyMirahiD0ntKn0wHaku_sanderpthiscodibearlittleshannon12Dancemach97urban_beautykpoperzidadoneekhaAncientxWhisperX33exokmx33InumaggietopjongkeychillyJakkiie-LovesKpop0330__kissonlytaorissonya96AegyoJangmiabbeh11latomatoRainbowVeinsomgrisingsunjjongyeobo-Lils-A-HyukBingyuredrabbit101BIGBANGmi-reimaybe1fairyHanoi-CanUSmile4MeJKetchupmastermindSeoyeonrimahyukkeypandalove-JuniiiNekomssiwonVapaajalkaBigKorea14Jency-Lynndashi-ahyooyumdolphin4everjxsyxjMobeulejoomiLoveareumdaun-babyNa_DLurveEXOancho10rhythmYuki_chan, and ghpforlife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you all stay by to enjoy the events that occur next!!!

pic credit to http://tb-cont.tumblr.com

 

 

I awoke to the sound of a beeping noise. Irritated, I reached out my hand and searched for the disruption, pounding on it when I did. The alarm clock stopped its annoying tune and I frantically turned my head to the boy to make sure he was still asleep. It was 5:00 in the morning, and we did have schedules today but I decided that I would get Tao and I a week off for him to heal. No, it wasn’t really fair to the other members, but Tao was in no condition to dance or rap and I wasn’t either if I wouldn’t be able to know how he was doing. A soft snore erupted from the boy and he clamped his lips shut, probably reprimanding himself from letting such a cute sound emit from his mouth. Well, ‘cute’ to me anyway. His eyes were closed and his breathing was deep so I would think he was still asleep, but wasn’t sure. Regardless, I adjusted my position and faced him, draping my hand over his waist. I watched his face as I slowly rubbed circles in his side. I saw the side of his lip twitch up and him peek an eye open.
 
“I knew you were awake.” I smiled and lightly kissed the tip of his nose.
 
He smiled back and stuck his tongue out in a pout. “I don’t want work…” He mumbled before outstretching his hand to lift himself up. I promptly pulled him back down and he landed with a small oomph, looking at me confusedly.
 
“You and I have the next week off, so you can do anything you’d like.” I replied and put my hand on his side again.
 
“I want to sleep with you.” He said and yawned, showing off his sharp k9’s and glossy eyes. I blushed madly at the other meaning of that phrase, which at this point I don’t think Tao realized and just nodded my head. I pulled him in closer and let him nuzzle his head in my chest, seeking the extra warmth that the comforter didn’t provide. He placed his hand on my chest and drew designs with his fingers.
 
Without warning, he stopped, causing my lulling form to gaze at him in question. “Sing to me.” Tao requested.
 
I blushed a little at the sudden request. No one had ever heard me sing before; I was a rapper for the most part and could only carry a select few notes when it came to a melody.
 
“Sing what?” I gazed into his uneven eyes, the normal one half lidded from being so tired.
 
“Anything.” he breathed and smiled into my chest. He pressed his ear against my plate, now probably able to hear my slightly elevated heartbeat. I slipped my fingers in his hair and played with it as I thought of a few small tunes I knew.
 
I began softly and slowly, letting my voice become soft so that Tao’s ears would be the only ones able to hear. His fingers returned to their tracing, but curved and dotted to the beat of the song I was singing. Half way through his movements slowed, and by the time I was done with the song they had halted completely.
 
He fell asleep. I sighed in content and carefully reached out for my phone. Going through my messages with one hand, as my other was still playing with his hair, and reopened a random one from Luhan. Clicking reply, I quietly typed out my message:
 
 
 
Luhan, I am going to make Tao take a week off.
I am going to stay here with him as long as it takes.
I realize this is not fair to you or the others,
so I will somehow make it up to you later.
I hope you understand.
Keep me updated,
-Duizhang
 
 
 
I clicked ‘send’ and placed the phone back on the nightstand. I wrapped my other arm around Tao and pulled him in closer to me, making sure there were no gaps between us. For some reason, I felt like I couldn’t protect him. Yesterday’s incident had left me feeling like a failure. I pulled him in closer, as if to try and physically surround his body with mine but realized that he may not be comfortable, so didn’t squeeze him to death. For now, wrapping my arms around him would have to suffice.
 
 
 
-Third person p.o.v.-
 
 
 
The ringer on Luhan’s phone went off and his head lifted up at the chirpy tune. It took him a while to realize that it was his own phone, and sifted through his gym bag full of clothes to find it. After last night, XiuMin had not been seen, so Luhan, Lay, and Chen were the only ones going to any type of practices today. They were on the road right now, Chen driving, Lay in the passenger seat and Luhan in the back.
 
“Was that your phone?” Chen asked, looking in the rear view mirror.
 
“Yeah.” Luhan answered vaguely.
 
“Well who was it?”
 
“Well aren’t you curious. It’s Kris and he says he and Tao are taking a week off-”
 
“-That’s not fair.” Chen interrupted.
 
“-and will make it up to us later because he realizes that this is unfair.” Luhan finished with a mock smile at the question that would’ve answered itself if he hadn’t interrupted.
 
All of them nodded their heads and went back to doing their own thing as there was an incredible amount of traffic. Lay, however, didn’t seem to be doing anything but sneaking looks at the driver. He would erupt with blush when Chen looked back with a smirk, catching his glances he thought were oh-so-inconspicuous. Lay would turn his head away so fast some would think it would snap.
 
In a few minutes they were all at their destination. Luhan walked off into the vocals room while the other two were sent to the dance room to learn some extra choreo for MAMA. Lay would usually be categorized as the best or most experienced dancer in the group, but today something seemed to falter. He messed up more than half of the moves dozens of times, and couldn’t seem to get them down. The dance instructor started to get irritated, which he really shouldn’t because Lay could dance way better than he can, and told the two to take a break and rehydrate.
 
Lay took a seat in the corner and stared at himself in the mirrors. Why had he been acting this way? Well, he knew why, but he sure as hell wasn’t going to say anything about it. He saw a figure walk over to him and his heart rate instantly rose. Don’t sit next to me. Don’t sit next to me. He chanted in his head, yet the boy plopped down right next to him.
 
“Are you okay? You haven’t been yourself all day.” Chen looked at Lay curiously, who at this point was fangirling in his head while trying to keep the butterflies from exploding his stomach.
 
“Yeah.” Lay answered simply, knowing his voice would fail him.
 
Chen paused, not buying it. “You know, we should go on a walk when we get home. Some fresh air would do you good and I know this trail that no one else does. There’s not a chance in the world anyone will hear our conversation and I’m a fantastic secret keeper.” He looked to Lay with a genuine smile. He really did want to know what was wrong, but he felt that the atmosphere at home was a bit too risky to discuss something that he wanted to keep a secret. Contrary to the troll persona he had on tv, he was actually a really good friend and had advice for everything. Plus, he had an incredibly charming smile.
 
Lay took it in and paused, wondering if he should say yes. He couldn’t really talk about the problem to Chen. To any other member he could, but not to this specific boy.
 
He took in a sharp breath. “Okay.”
 
His response had him sitting there for the next half hour wondering why he had just agreed to this death wish.