Chapter Thirteen

Can I continue feeling this way?

 

It was silent for a few seconds as neither one of us knew what the other was going to say next. Tao’s hands were still stained crimson, yet no sign of shards could be seen.
 
“What’s… wrong?” Tao spoke up after another period of silence.
 
“I… Uhh… Did you ever get up from the bed during the night?” I didn’t want to ask a question that would make him remember what happened last night, but I needed to know something that would help me figure this out.
 
“…No…” His hand was still in mine, unsure of what my intentions were. “Why? What’s bothering you?” 
 
I hesitated, unsure if I should even bring up the subject.
 
I decided not to.
 
“Nothing.” I smiled and freed his hand. “Let’s get you cleaned up.”
 
Tao, of course, was confused, yet obliged once more. The white beads of the towel were soon doused with clear liquid, ready for contact. I brought it to the boy and started at his upper arm. The familiar pallid shade of flesh reappeared as the stains from last night faded. I then moved to his wrists. As I held them, I subtly tested their resistance, yet they were no where near as swollen as they were last night. I don’t even know how this was possible; his wrists had put up with the brunt of his actions. I sighed inwardly, and began gentle in case they were still tender. I finished in 10 minutes with very minimal grunts from him. We walked out of the bathroom and met up with the other members who had all woken up within that time frame. The kitchen was silent when we walked in, mostly because there was no food on the table.
 
“Sorry guys. I was busy. I’ll have something ready in a few minutes.” I motioned for Tao to sit and got the makings for breakfast. After 20 more minutes, a fast meal was prepared and being served. I returned their thanks with nods, as my mind was somewhere else:
 
Tao and I both needed to get started at work again tomorrow. ‘Work’ being our duty to go out to dance practice, vocal practice, and photoshoots. Our time to heal was up, and of course, I didn’t want it to be. The whole breakfast was quiet, mostly because everyone was tired, but more so because I was in my own world the whole time. And I was usually the one to make conversation. Regardless, we all finished eating, and I cleaned the dishes while the others got ready for the day. As I started the warm water, a tap on my shoulders brought me out of my daze.
 
“Kris.” I turned to see Tao there, a peculiar expression pasted on his face. “Can I talk to you later?”
 
“Hmmm. Just talk to me now. I can finish these later.” I turned off the water and dried my hands. “Besides, talking with my brother always comes first.” I gave a wide smile, but saw a small and almost unnoticeable twitch of his eye. “Sit.”
 
“Uhh…” He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “Somewhere more… private?”
 
I hesitated, but nodded. I led him to my room, and made sure to close the door behind me when we got there. Tao stood awkwardly in front of my bed, myself only a few small steps in front of him.
 
“I… remember what happened last night.” A small blush creeped over his cheeks as these words left his mouth.
 
But… there were so many things that had happened last night.
 
“In regards to…?” I spoke softly, and blinked once. Yet, in that split second, Tao had come to stand in front of me. His eyes darted to mine as his hands somehow swiftly and slowly slipped over my neck.
 
He brought his chip up, his lips leading the way. He soon connected his with mine, sending a chill up my spine. There were no words to explain the sensation I was feeling. Tao’s lips upon my own created another dimension. One that could not be described, yet was completely understood.
 
Tao began to pull away, taking my bottom lip with him.
 
He released his grip from around my neck and looked at me through half-lidded eyes.
 
That.” He said it slowly, almost enticingly, implying the kiss last night was what he was talking about.
 
I stayed silent, unsure of what to say or do.
 
Fortunately, my lower half thought for me.
 
My hands raided his waist as I leaned in closer and closer. I towered over him, my lips ready to find his and meet this new side of Tao. I was surprised when the little one acted before me, taking my lips’ innocence away as if no such thing existed. His hands searched and seized every bit of skin that shone under my shirt. I returned his attack on my lips with a simple consequence for his impatience: a nip of his bottom lip. After hearing a little whimper, I ran the tip of my tongue ever so lightly over the tender flesh, feeling him shiver in return…
 
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------
 
Don’t think this is over just yet…