Chapter Twenty Two

Can I continue feeling this way?

pic credit to http://dragonhealers.tumblr.com

 

 

-Normal p.o.v. (Kris’s)-

 
 
 
I watched Tao walk down the hall as he sauntered off to his room. He had been dazed ever since we got home. Was he not feeling well? Did the ice cream hurt his stomach? Sighing, I sat on the couch and watched the boys play and practically murder the game controllers. I coulda swore I saw smoke being produced from hitting the buttons so rapidly. 
 
“RIIIING!!”
 
“RIIIING!!”
 
“RIIIII-”
 
“-Kris! Can you get that? You’re the only one with free hands!” Chen barked at me, never lifting his gaze from the television.
 
“Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh” I mumbled, not wanting to get up. But, knowing it might be our manager I had to at least check who it was. Walking over to the phone, I saw that it was indeed him.
 
 
“Ayo wassupppppppppp” I said while holding in a laugh.
 
“Really, Kris? I’m not Chanyeol.” 
 
“Pppfffffftttttt sorry ahahahahah. Okay okay what’re you calling for?” I said after I could control myself.
 
“The company wants you to go promote a clothing and make up line in Beijing.” He replied.
 
“Really? Just me or all six of us?” I asked.
 
“You and one other member.”
 
“Why two people? That doesn’t really make any sense…” I trailed off at the end, not wanting to bash the company’s marketing techniques out loud and partially hoped he hadn’t heard that part at all.
 
“I know it doesn’t, Kris, but they don’t want you going by yourself and they feel all six members being there would be a hassle since it’s a small event.”
 
“Ahhh. Alright then. When, where, and who am I going with?” In my mind, I had a feeling who he was going to say. There really was no reason to even ask except to possibly refute my suspicion. 
 
“Well, it depends when you have free time. There are two times that you can go, but if you have practice that day and really need to go then take the next time. There’s next Sunday through Sunday and a week during next month.”
 
“Ummm… I’ll go next week then. And where?”
 
“Beijing. You’ll stay in one of their five star hotels and we’ll give you a schedule as to what to do.” He replied.
 
 
 
 
My heart began to race. “And… who?”
 
 
 
“ZiTao.”
 
 
 
I got silent and nearly forgot that someone else was on the line.
 
“Hello? Are you still there?”
 
“Oh- yeah, sorry. I got distracted. I’ll be there. Is that all?” I asked.
 
“Yes. I’ll send you everything soon.”
 
“Alright, bye.”
 
“Bye.”
 
I hung up the phone and tried to calm my racing heartbeat.
 
 
 
It didn’t work.
 
 
 
I walked back into the common room and fell back on the couch.
 
“So who was it?” Chen asked without looking up, again.
 
“Manager. He wants me and Tao to do some marketing in Beijing.” I replied, heart skipping a beat as I said his name.
 
“Mmmm.” Chen barely replied.
 
I felt a pair of eyes on me and glanced over to see Lay looking at me. He looked over the instant the maknae’s name came out of my mouth. 
 
“Are you okay?” He mouthed and stopped paying attention to the game. The other members began to make fun of him but were too engrossed to even look at him and see what he was doing otherwise.
 
I nodded and gave him a smile that I tried to make reassuring. He smiled back and turned back to the game only to see that he was too far behind to catch up. Promptly giving up and putting his controller down, he stood up and stretched. I couldn’t help but watch him in the corner of my eye. He reached his arms up over his head and his tank top slowly rose up as well. A cute patch of skin could be seen as he tilted from side to side. Seeing him look over, I instantly stared at the television and hoped he hadn’t noticed me peeping. He walked over behind the couch, put his hand on my head and ruffled my hair.
 
“H-hey!” I said while swatting at his hand.
 
“Nmnmn!!” He stuck out his tongue at me and ran into the kitchen.
 
“You!!” I jumped off the couch and ran after him, prepared to kill.
 
“ASASLKASJF;AG’AKGJSAGLK!!!!” He yelped something unintelligible as he realized I had run after him. He bolted behind the kitchen table and stood there while I stood in front of it, faking which way I would go. After a few seconds of no movement, he ran to the kitchen sink. I slyly walked up to him and realized that I had him cornered. He stood by the sink and noticed that he had practically just trapped himself. Looking around frantically, he the sink and waited until I got two feet away until he put his hands under it. Stopping, I cocked my head and stared at him.
 
He’s really washing his hands right now?
 
 
*FLICK!*
 
 
“AHGDDAGH” I flinched as he splattered the water on me and ran off in the other direction.
 
 
That sly little fox. I’ll get him back.
 
 
Peering down the hall, I saw a head pop back into one of the rooms. Walking down, I saw a door cracked open.
 
 
Found you.
 
 
I nonchalantly opened the door halfway and looked around, seeing that no one was there. An idea struck me that he was probably hiding behind the door or in the closet, which means I would either have to go left or right, and one of those would be wrong. I took a breath and decided to go left, to the closet.
 
 
“YiXiiiiinnngggggggg~” I looked around, completely prepared for him to pop out of the closet. I brought my hand up to slide open the door.
 
 
“AH!!” I yelped and jumped as two things sharply poked my sides. From instinct I instantly turned around, grabbed him, and turned back around to pin him on the wall. I held both his hands over his head with only one of my hands, taking my other and placing it on the wall behind him over his shoulder.
 
 
“Caught you.” I said with a smirk.
 
 
He stood there, panting, hair disheveled and a look of slight fear on his face. He tried to wiggle out of my hold but it only made my grip around his wrists tighter.
 
 
“What… what are you gonna do… to me?” He panted the words, visibly out of breath from our little race.
 
 
I stepped closer so that our bodies were an inch apart. I brought my face so close to him that I could feel the warmth of his breath on my skin.
 
 
 
 
A small smirk played on my lips before I spoke.
 
 
 
 
“Tickle.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
you.”
 
 
 
His eyes widened but my body acted before he could react. I took my free hand and brought it to his underarm and tickled him.
 
 
“Eeeep!” He squirmed the opposite direction but my hold on him was kept firm. I took my hand and moved it to his side, now tickling him even more.
 
 
“SLDKFJW6G;GSD;JG AHAAA STOPPP S-SST-STOPPP” He jumped and wriggled, trying to get away as much as possible. I quickly freed his hands and -before he could react or retaliate- and used both hands to make my fingers crawl over his skin ever so slightly. It wasn’t long before he was on the floor and barely able to breathe.
 
 
“Ahahaljsldfkfhahahhahasldkfjahahha stopppp!! Okkkay o-okay yoouuu win! You win!!” He barely choked out as my fingers continued to torture him.
 
 
After hearing that, I completely lifted my hands and let out a satisfied ‘humph’. 
 
 
“That’s what I thought.” I said confidently and walked off, hearing him try to catch his breath in the background as I left the room.
 
 
 
 
this is just a small little chapter for you guys, completely opposite from what i had in mind for the next chapter. dont fret you guys, taoris is on the way :)