Chapter Seven

Can I continue feeling this way?

-tao's pov-

 

It was now 10pm, and my eyes would not stay shut. The reason was not for lack of tiredness, but for the shadows that were dancing around my room. Kris had opened the blinds for me earlier, the fact that I closed them at night most likely did not cross his mind. As the cars passed by, the lights attached themselves to every object in the room. It scared the living out of me. I wanted to run to Kris, hoping that he was still awake, but two things hindered my ability to do that: my waist, and my reason. I couldn't just tell Kris I was afraid of the shadows; it would make me look and sound like a childish little schoolgirl. I had been sitting still long enough to where I could take a few steps without much pain. Maybe I could make up that I couldn't sleep. Yeah! I'll do that. I mean... that was the truth, just minus the reason why.

Sighing, I carefully got up an headed out of the door. After more than several uneven steps, I came upon a lit room. The only one in the house. As my eyes adjusted, I noticed Kris in the chair.

"Tao!" he practically yelled as he jumped out of his seat.

"What're you doing up?" he came and pulled the chair out for me, letting me sit down.

"Couldn't fall asleep." I said as convincingly as I could. He made a sound of understanding and placed his hand on my back. I spaced out for a second, but a rush of bumps brought me back to reality. Kris started to rub my back, sending a sensation through my body that could never be described to its full potential. I stayed still and quiet as he continued, some part of me not wanting him to stop. But... Why? It was just a friendly back rub... I shouldn't misinterpret it. I mean, he's just my brother.

I couldn't lie to myself; those bumps were certainly not from being cold. Kris's touch was driving me crazy. But why was there a tugging feeling inside of me? A deep sound broke the silence, and it took me a few moments to realize that it was Kris speaking.

"Are you cold?" he asked me. I couldn't tell him that the bumps were simply from his touch. He would think I was a freak for liking that from a boy. I would just have to bluff.

"yeah............. cold." I replied. He brought his touch from my back to my shoulder, nearly making me jump out of my seat. Another shiver spread as I tried as hard as possible to push sensual thoughts aside.  It wasn't working.

Kris spoke, but I could not possibly make out what he said as my thoughts would not quiet. I didn't realize Kris had left the room until the goosebumps stopped. Placing my arms on the table, I lay my chin against my hand and closed my eyes. I couldn't believe I was feeling this way about him. This can't happen. What if the other members were to find out? They would make a mockery of me. I needed to practice. But because of my waist, these thoughts couldn't be pushed out with excersize. They would stay in my head for as long as they wanted, regardless of what I thought about it. 

I felt fingers jostle my hair and instantly knew who it was. The returning bumps told me so. I felt something warm fall around my head, and shifted my position to allow it to fall over my sides. It felt so nice; the warmth wrapped around me. I thanked Kris just as I heard the door unlock and looked over. I stood up and stood next to Kris as the sound of footsteps grew louder and louder. I could only see the eyes of the man that was near, but that alone set something off inside of me. I could only describe it as a feeling of desire to claim. As if I was a cat and brushing a mouse, showing the world it was his. They wouldn't let anyone else have him. I disregarded the other man and focused my attention to Kris. As fast as I could, I wrapped my arms around him. Some part of me was praying he would hug back, and he did. I couldn't tell what came over me.  Right after Kris returned the gesture, I increased my grip around him tenfold. 

I didn't want to let him go.

 

I couldn't let him go.

 

He was mine.

 

And only mine.