Chapter Forty Two

Can I continue feeling this way?

ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT AFTER THIS MUAHAUIHAUHAUHAUAHA

pic credit to http://depicts.tumblr.com

 

I attempted to run. I really did. Thinking this was some prank, or some insane dream that was controlling me. Yet, the more I tried to use my feet, the more useless they became. The mirroed image in front of me slowly faded into nothing.

 

"Because of the situation you were in, the pain you were feeling and the stress that was taking over your life, your power came to light. And because yours woke first, the other's followed."

 

I nodded my head, telling her to go on. Blinking rapidly didn't help the situation as it seemed what was going on was truly real.

 

Jia Lien's butterfly wings slowly started moving back and forth as she spoke next. 

 

"Look down."

 

I did so.

 

"Do you have any idea why these people are not moving?"

 

I shook my head.

 

"Turn around."

 

I stared at her confusedly, but slowly started to turn after a reassuring smile crossed her pallid lips. Turning 180 degrees, I was facing the building I had jumped off of. Tao was there, watching me.

 

He stood, dark eyes piercing the air between us. His right hand was in the air, fingers shaped as if he were snapping. Miscellanous leaves were scattered around the sky, but they were frozen. Solid in place in the air, they just stay in place, neither rising nor falling. Yet, as I looked at all of the now motionless objects around us, there was one object that was animate.

 

Walking towards me.

 

Lips curved up at the sides.

 

He halted at the very ledge I had jumped off of.

 

"Tao..." I whispered to myself. "You... control time?"

 

After a thoughtful second, he nodded his head. "Yeah... I guess I do." He smiled a teethy grin, warming my heart and making this confusion just a bit more bearable.

 

I turned back to Jie Lian, a sly and mischevious smile crossing her lips.

 

"Yifan, there is one more thing I need to show you before we go. The thing you are yearning for most." Her sharp voice cracked the air beside my ears. I looked to where she was pointing- inside the hospital. With a wave of her hand, the top floors above Lay's room turned invisible. 

 

I dropped to my knees.

 

"Yixing," she paused, taking her damn time saying the words I wanted to hear the most, "can heal."

 

As if on cue, Lay's heart rate moniter started beating fervently. Within 5 seconds it had stablized. I carefully watched his eyes.

 

Little by little, they cracked open.

 

"We must leave now. Enjoy your gift, Yifan. Do not forget where you have come from or where you have been." And with that, she went poof.

 

I stood stunned for a few more moments. As soon as I returned to my senses, I ran to Tao. Or, tried to anyway. Ignoring the things on my back I somehow made my way to him. I opened my arms as wide as I could and wrapped them around him, holding him as close as possible.

 

"Tao... Baby... I am so sorry. I don't know wha-"

 

"-Kris-"

 

 

"-t came over me. I was thinking so irattional-"

 

 

 

"-Yif-"

 

 

 

 

"-I am so sor-"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"-Just shut up and kiss me."