Chapter Six

Can I continue feeling this way?

I had to tell Tao. I had to tell him how I felt. I couldn't keep silently feeling this way; it would hurt more if I did and he didn't like me back. But... What would the others say?

My high from earlier slowly faded as more thoughts of troubles slid their way into my head. A familiar knot formed in my stomach, that of worry and fear of what's to come.  I sighed, irritated with myself for getting worked up about it, and got up to put the laundry in the drier. Everyone else had left to their events, leaving Tao and I at the house alone. Considering the fact that he was almost completely immobile, I had to be the 'mommy' for the next few days. I left Tao in his room for the next few hours, afraid of disrupting any slumber he may have fallen into. It was about 10pm now, and no sign if the sun could be seen. The rooms in the house got darker and darker, so I got up from the couch and turned some of the lights on. I didn't need to, but Tao was so immensely scared of the dark I didn't want to initiate a panic attack on the already hurt boy. I sat at the kitchen table and just... sat. I honestly really wanted Tao right now. The house was way too quiet and we were both the only ones here. 

As if angels were listening to my silent wishes, a more than familiar boy limped into the kitchen. I nearly shot up from my seat. 

"Tao!" I went to pull another chair out so he could sit.

"What're you doing up?"

"Thanks" he sat down and looked up at me. He need not answer the question; sleeplessness could be seen in those cat-like eyes of his.

"Couldn't fall asleep." he replied quietly with a hint of tiredness. He was still in those plaid boxers of his, the pale skin of his chest reflecting the dim light in the room. I was still standing behind him, hand resting on the back of his chair.

"Mmmm." I sounded. I brought the same hand up to his shoulder blades and rubbed his back trying to comfort him. Almost simultaneously, a soft rush of bumps appeared on his skin. His lips parted the slightest bit allowing a shiver to slip out.

"Are you cold?" I asked him as I continued to rub his back.  He hesitated.

"...yeah............cold."

I moved my hand from his back to his left shoulder and upper arm, moving my hand over softly and trying to ease away the bumps. Yet, the more our skin made contact, the more the bumps seemed to appear.

"I'm going to get a shirt. Stay right here." I gave him a warm smile and walked to the drier. I took one of the recently folded shirts and stuck it back in the drier to warm it up. After a few minutes, I took it out and walked back to the kitchen only to find the boy half asleep, cheeks resting in his cupped palms. I made sure to walk up behind him carefully, not wanting to scare him, and ruffled his hair. He responded with a small groan, so I figured I might as well dress him myself. The shirt that I had gotten was mine, (not that I minded Tao wearing another one of my things), knit, loosely fit, and probably two sizes too big for him. I smiled to myself at the possibilities of what he could look like in it. Rolling up the newly warmed cloth, I gently placed it over his head and watched him relax. He opened his eyes and looked up at me, allowing me to drape it around his shoulders. He put his arms through the holes and let it fall over his sides. I have to admit, a part of me was sad to see his flawless skin disappear, but I would rather have him normal and warm than cute and cold. 

"Thank you." Tao said while stretching his arms. I was still standing next to him whilst he continued to sit in the chair. After a few seconds, I heard the door unlock. I looked over at the ones who entered, but my eyes hadn't adjusted enough to see well. Not even a second later, I felt arms wrap around me and looked back to see the face of the maknae buried in my chest. Not quit sure what was going on, I wrapped my arms comfortingly around him. Tao squeezed his arms around me, catching me off guard. As he did so, the brim of his lip brushed against my collarbone, causing a more than sinful shiver to spread through my frame.

 

After I calmed myself, I focused my eyes on the man that walked in: Lay.

 

What gaze met me was full of anger.

 

Full of confusion.

 

Full of jealousy.