Chapter Fifteen

Can I continue feeling this way?

 

Within an hour we had gotten there. We were driven there by a chauffer, for the manager didn’t want us to drive there by ourselves by the likelihood that we might get kidnapped by fangirls. Thankfully, it was only 11:00 AM, and not crowded since it was a weekday. School was still in session, and parents, of course, wanted their children to focus on their studies.
 
We thanked the driver and grabbed our bags as we got out. Immediately hearing gasps and giggles, I turned to Tao and gave him a look that said ‘just ignore it’. He nodded, returning to his usual static expression, but couldn’t hide the excitement in his eyes. We walked in and got our tickets and turned to wait in line at one of the closest rides. I figured we should go on a low-impact ride so that Tao wouldn’t be scared less for the rest of the day. It was a water ride. The line wasn’t that long, thankfully, as it was still pretty cool out and no one wanted to feel the icy water without it being hot out. 
 
 
We waited in line for a few more minutes, and of course, were surrounded by cameras. Then Tao did something I was not expecting. One of the girls were holding out their camera, gesturing for Tao to take it. And he did. He then turned it to take a selca.
 
This boy.
 
He then turned to me and told me to smile.
 
 
Now how could I turn down his request?
 
 
 
He then turned to the girl and proceeded to take a picture with her. She nearly fainted. Tao finished and walked back to me. After another minute, we finally got in to the platform. Tao looked a little nervous, so I placed my hand over his shoulder blade and gave him a comforting backrub to calm his nerves.
 
It worked.
 
He looked to me and showed a small smile.
 
We weren’t allowed to take our bags on the ride, so we put them in special cubbies. I paid the man extra to make sure that no one would steal our stuff, a form of insurance I suppose. We got onto the strange-looking contraption and strapped ourselves in two of the seats. I thought it was kind of strange that no one else got on besides us; you’d think that they would fill up all of the seats to get more customers. But, hey, I wasn’t complaining. Tao was sitting right next to me and that was all I needed.
 
Before long, we were off.
 
Before long, we were wet.
 
 
All the bumping and spinning was starting to make the both f us dizzy, so we locked arms to make sure the other didn’t pass out or buckle over and lose their lunch (even though neither one of us had eaten today). The maknae was smiling the whole time. That was all I needed to enjoy the ride, even though it was fun to begin with. There were little squirt guns ontop of the walls that people could put a quarter in and try and squirt the riders with a stream of water. I was getting attacked by a nearly constant stream of water, and after a while I had a sneaking suspicion that these girls just wanted to see me in a wet tshirt.
 
The ride ended quickly, unfortunately. Tao was still dizzy, and continued to hold onto my arm until we were let off the contraption. My shirt was completely soaked through; I might as well just take it off, and Tao’s back was soaked through.
 
We walked off the platform and ruffled our hair.
 
 
We walked over to the baggage holders.
 
"Wu." I told the man.
 
He nodded and walked over to the cubby's. He brought back three bags.
 
"Here you go, sir." He said.
 
"Where's the last one?" I said questioningly.
 
He looked at me, confused.
 
"The last bag. Where is it? There were four." I crossed my arms. I swear, if they lost our damn bag...
 
"I'm sorry sir, but there were only three bags for 'Wu'." A worried expression shone on his face, knowing what were to happen if he displeased a customer.
 
I scowled. There were definately four bags I checked in. And I payed extra to make sure nothing happened to them.
 
Figures.
 
I took the bags and looked through them. I couldn't care less if I held up the line.
 
Bag one: my clothes.
 
Check.
 
Bag two: Tao's snacks.
 
Check.
 
Bag three: my snacks.
 
Check.
 
Missing bag: Tao's clothes.
 
I mumbled a series of chinese cuss words under my breath as I turned and ignored the bag boy. Tao looked at me with a confused expression, as he wasn't quite paying attention to the event.
 
"What's wrong?" He asked.
 
"They lost your bag." I replied, irritated.
 
He looked up at me, but didn't say anything. 
 
"Follow me to the bathroom." I whispered to him.
 
 
I walked quickly to lose our followers, and succeded. I breathed a sigh of relief as we walked into one of the bathrooms farthest away from everything. We were the only ones in there. I turned around and saw Tao a few feet behind me, trying to catch his breath. I smiled a bit at that; I honestly didn't think I was walking that fast.
 
Once he got inside with me, I closed the door and locked it. It was a handicapped bathroom, so there were no individual stalls, it was just a big open space.
 
I looked to Tao and unknowingly checked him out. 
 
My eyes traveled from his face…
 
 
To his adams apple…
 
 
 
To his collarbone…
 
 
 
 
To his s…
 
 
 
 
 
To his abs, defined even more from the drenched fabric…
 
 
 
 
 
 
To his waistline…
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Way to subtly check me out.” Tao spoke with a sly smile plastered on his face.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I blushed a violent shade of red, realizing that I had just checked him out, while he was watching me check him out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Much to my dismay, I couldn’t hide my guilty smile.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I spoke low:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Tao, take your shirt off.”