Chapter Twelve

Can I continue feeling this way?

Anneyong subbies!! Ahh, I know it has been a while since I've last updated. For that, mianhae-oh. I hope this long chapter will make up for it. Gomawayo for reading~ 

 

The soft, sweet flesh of his took over my senses, causing me to set Tao's hands free. I rose my left hand and cupped his cheek as I kissed him again.  I hoped that through our new contact, I could lend him some of my strength. No sooner did the thudding stop than did I feel a drop of moisture on my cheek. 

 

But... I wasn't crying.

 

Both hands still cupping his face, reaching the end of our second kiss, I slowly opened my eyes. Slightly visible orbs were staring back at me. A newly formed tear trickled down Tao's cheek as his mouth stay open. He took a slow breath in, and squeezed his eyes shut, causing a plethora of drops to fall. It made my heart sink in an instant. I wanted to trade bodies with him; trade minds, just so he didn't have to feel this pain. Tao sobbed out his previous breath, and sharply took in another one. My fingers were there to meet every tear that fell, making sure they didn't live to meet his chin.

Tao wasn't moving, he lay in the same position. Legs crossed and arms limp at his sides. I wanted to hold him against me so bad, but I didn't want him to think I was taking advantage of the situation. He in another breath, causing his body to shudder. I couldn't just sit here and not do anything.  Putting my previous worry aside, I slowly slid my right hand from his face to his waist. My left hand slid under his arm to his shoulder blade. I looked him one last time in the eye before pulling him into my embrace. I clutched onto him, letting every inch of his torso come into contact with mine. His body shuddered against mine. I could feel my shoulder dampen as the seconds passed. I nearly shattered just having to see this; my love, falling apart before my eyes. I began to rub my hand over his back, my fingertips gently grazing over his softly convulsing flesh. 

"Tao" I whispered into his ears, as quiet as possible so as to not startle him with a sudden disruption. "It's going to be okay." My breath unintentionally ghosted over his cheekbone as a simultaneous shiver coursed through his frame. Despite the situation, I couldn't help but smile at the realization of what had just happened.

 

A simple breath of mine drove Tao crazy.

 

I put that thought aside, however, as I felt Tao's body tense. His breathing stopped. It was dead silent for the next few seconds...

 

 

HICCUP!!

 

 

I tensed as well.

Another few quiet seconds.

 

 

HICCUP!!!

 

 

I couldn't hold my laughter back any longer. A stifled laugh echoed through the room. My hand went from rubbing his back to patting it. The maeknae sniffled up his loose boogers and hiccuped again. His body shook with every sound he made. I wanted to see his face now that the tears had stopped, so I gently loosened my grip on the boy.

"No!" Tao shouted in a cracked voice. "Don't leaHICCUPve me!" he flung his arms up to wrap around my chest. He buried his face as deeply as possible into the crook of my neck, his eyelashes tickling the sensitive skin of my collarbone. Stunned, it took me a while to react. I soon placed my previous grip upon him, earning a satisfied sigh in return. Although Tao's upper body seemed to be in a comfortable position, his lower body looked utterly contorted. He wasn't sitting on my lap, only leaning on my body, causing his legs to buckle out at an awkward angle. I would've placed him on his bed if it hadn't been torn up as well. My left hand halted to its previous position, my right hand now gently massaging his lower back.

"Tao" I spoke softly, as his ear was right under my mouth. "I will never leave you." I gripped him tighter and picked him up bridal style. He readjusted his arms so that they were around my neck and I lightly massaged my fingertips over his lower thigh to keep him quiet while we transferred rooms. Opening his door, and leaving everything behind besides him, I walked over to my room and went inside. It looked as if everyone else was still asleep, thank goodness.

Closing the door to my room, I walked over to the bed and placed him down. It wasn't as easy as it sounds, however, for the little creature refused to release his grip around my neck. It reminded me of times back in America When parents tried to drop off their little ones on the first day of school. Most of them latched onto their parents like the apocalypse was coming.

"Alright." I said in my slightest whisper. I climbed onto the bed and scooted my back against the bed frame. Tao readjusted so that his cheek was resting on my chest and his left hand lay on my stomach. His fingers traced the outline of my abs as his hiccups came fewer and fewer. Within a few minutes, they were gone. I was about to speak only to notice Tao was oddly calm compared to the past hour. I carefully titled my head to the side only to see Tao's eyes closed, bangs hiding most of his forehead. While I was looking, I felt something wet on my chest. I craned my neck to see what it was, and Tao's mouth was wide open, a few drops of saliva slipping out of his mouth.

 

Lovely.

 

I let out a silent sigh, and closed my eyes, drifting off.

The sun's rays soon crept through the room and woke me from my slumber. After adjusting my eyes, I looked down to see the little one in the same exact position as before. A little pile of pooled drool lay under his still open mouth; his rising and falling chest the cause of his parted lips. It didn't take me long to realize that Tao's hand had slid downwards in his sleep. His hand then twitched, accidentally feeding my morning gift. I shifted under him to try and subtly move from his hand.

Bad idea.

Tao almost immediately gripped onto me with both hands, thinking I was leaving. Yet, my member was still under his palm as he did so, causing me to scream out in a half-yell-half-moan as he clenched on to it. He jumped awake from my sudden outburst and looked at me with squinted eyes. The sun had gotten to him too, apparently. 

"Mmmm?" he responded.

"Tao! Your hand!!!!" I yelped in a restrained voice. I tilted my head back onto the head of the bed in an effort to distract myself from the mix of pain and pleasure.

"Hu-?" he looked to his left hand and immediately saw the problem. "Oh!!!!" he lifted his hand up, and I promptly rolled over and buried my face in the pillow. 

"Oejdbeindhsmabdudiwaloxjd" I mumbled into the pillow. I didn't know whether to scream or to .

"Kris gege! I'm so sorry!!" Tao tapped my back in an attempt to turn me over. After another moment of mental face palms, I turned over.

"Are you okay?" he asked frantically.

"Yeah." I answered roughly. I wanted to ask how he was feeling but it seemed as if he had completely forgot about the events that took place last night. I glanced at his hand, but couldn't quite see his wound.

"Tao. Show me your hand." He looked at me, confused, but obliged. I started at it in amazement. There were only dried spots of blood. 

What happened to the shards of glass?