Chapter Three

Can I continue feeling this way?

Kris gege, look! I'm going swimming." he laughed at his own joke as he waved around the long legs of the boxers. Our height differences had caused them to be a few inches longer on him, going past his knees. I smiled and laughed off his crack at my height. He was tall too, just not as tall.

Once my face had cooled, I turned back to him just in time for him to ask me another question.

"Could I uhhh borrow a tank too?" he asked just as sheepishly as the first time.

"Why? You look fine withou-" I cut myself off, eyes wide as I realized what I had begun to say. Out loud.  Nice job, Kris. Fourth mental face palm.

Luckily, I don't think Tao heard a word that came out of my mouth.

When I began to talk, a piece of floating fuzz found its way in the air between us, his eyes slowly going from that of my face to that of the fuzz. He nodded at me, but stared at the floating being that bounced up and down from my breath. He brought his index and thumb up, trying to catch it between his fingers. I stared at him as he did this, but he didn't realize it until a moment later.

"O-o-oh I'm sorry hyung! I was listening! I swear!" he straightened up and looked at me, his cheeks slightly pink from his actions. I couldn't hold back a smile at his childlike actions. I don't know Tao had gotten me to open up so much when I was with him. His smile was contagious and his cute attitude confused everyone as it was the contrary to his challenging facade. It was weird for me to smile too much as well; everyone had told me that their first impression of me was that I was angry and unapproachable. That's not true; I am nice, I just have a permanent straight face. But Tao... What should I do-

A ruffling sound brought me out of my own thoughts just to find out that Tao was searching through my dresser. 

"Y-yah! What are you doing?" I asked him with a hint of laughter, tapping his arms.

"Oh just looking for-" he paused as he pulled out a square wrapper. "Whia hyung, what is this?" He held up the little object, even I couldn't tell what it was in the still dimly lit room. 

"Huh?" I asked.

"It says 'T-R-O-J-"

"Y-yah! Yah! Give me that!" I nearly ripped it out of his hands as I realized what he was holding. He stared at me blankly as I shoved the object in my pocket, hoping he was still as oblivious as he seemed.

"You should go and get ready Tao" I said, hoping he couldn't trace the embarrassment of the previous event. He shrugged and said thanks once more as he left. As soon as I heard the door close, I jumped on my bed face first. I buried my head in the pillow and just lay there. I could not believe what had happened during the past 20 minutes. Laughing to myself, I got back up and went out into the living room. Unlike the others, I had the day off so my duties were to clean and do the laundry. Once everyone was changed into their various outfits, I went inside their rooms and collected whatever cloth was strewn across the floor, paying special attention to who's underwear was who's. I finished two rooms and went on the other side. Entering my room, I did the same. When I was done, my heart started to beat a little faster realizing who was next. The maeknae.