Chapter Twenty

Can I continue feeling this way?

all photos used were taken from either http://fy-exo.tumblr.com or http://from-planet-exo.tumblr.com (follow them if you love exo!!)

 

I opened my arms to give him a hug and he accepted it. I still wasn’t quite sure how I felt about him. I had accepted his kiss, but didn’t quite feel anything for him. That made me feel incredibly guilty for possibly leading him on, but I’m also not one hundred percent sure that I don’t like him. All I know is that I like Tao more. A lot more…

 
After that we once again headed off to bed. Having sorted out my thoughts earlier, the weight upon my chest had lifted, causing me to be able to relax once I laid my head on the pillow. A few moments later, I was asleep.
 
Exactly a week had passed since the incident- that being the other boy feeding my Tao- and things were not getting better. They weren’t, however, getting worse either. Practices were beginning early and ending late, causing everyone to be too tired to think of anything else besides work. I would occasionally glance at Tao during dance practice, subtly checking on him, and he seemed to be doing well. He caught up in only two days, which was incredible considering how long he was out from his waist injury. As a treat, I decide to take everyone out for ice cream.
 
The mere mention of the first word ’ice’ sent the boys flying as they knew what treat they were getting. They jumped off to their bedrooms and got ready while I waited by the door. Ten minutes later we were on our way. When we got there no customers were in line so we were able to stand there and decide our orders with no trouble. Luhan was the first to order, Lay and I were behind him, and the others were behind us.
 
I began to look at the flavours, unsure of which one I should get. Of the many, the few I looked at were Strawberry Cheesecake, Strawberry Shortcake, and Very Berry Strawberry. I decided on the Very Berry Strawberry and waited for Luhan to finish his order. As I was zoning out, I felt someone poke my shoulder.
 
 ( a thank you to yeeuhxkpop26 who showed this amazing layris gif to me *3*)
I turned my head and gave a curious smirk, as if to ask ‘what?’ Lay looked at me.
 
“You should order one for Tao. It looks like he’s having trouble deciding.” He let a little laugh slip out as he cocked his head in the teen’s direction.
 
 
Turning my head back, I decided to do just that. We got to the worker and soon enough I held two cones in my hand. Lay gave me a reassuring smile as I walked over to Tao. He looked up confused, sensing I was walking to meet him.
 
“Umm, I got this for you…” I looked down at my feet as the last few words slipped out of my mouth; a small blush creeping up my cheeks, not knowing if he would accept it or not.
 
Lifting my head up, I saw his hand reach out for it. He took it slowly, looked it over, and tentatively tasted it.
 
 
“Thanks.” He looked away as he merely whispered this, but it was enough to make my heart jump. I nodded my head with a shy smile and walked back to Lay.
 
“See, aren’t you glad I made you do that?” He asked with an all-knowing look. A wide smirk was plastered on his face- one that was silently yet clearly making fun of me for being so bashful.
 
“Shuddup.” I said quietly, but couldn’t hide a smile from my side either.
 
 
Once Lay got his cone we both turned to go find a seat. I saw Tao sit down and decided almost immediately that I would try to go sit in the only seat next to him. I looked down as I walked, and saw a movement in front of me, so I snapped my head up only to find that I had nearly run into XiuMin. I stopped and looked at him, about to apologize before he spoke.
 
“Hyung, can I sit here?” He looked to Tao with a smile as my smile dropped to the floor. The said boy looked up and nodded his head.
 
 
I promptly turned around before they could realize that I was there and sat in an empty chair a few seats away. I could feel Lay’s gaze boring through my skull, yet I kept my gaze down as I knew it would trail to the teen if I looked up.
 
 
 
As I finished my cone an involuntarily looked up at Tao. Sighing as I realized I had just done what I’d been trying so hard not to do, I noticed that he was almost done with his too. I looked to XiuMin and noticed that he looked a little bored. 
 
 
I rolled my eyes. Maybe he wouldn’t be bored if he didn’t take my seat. He could be mingling with the members but nooooo, he just had to sit there. I laughed at myself as I walked over to Lay. Since when had I started acting like a teenage drama queen? 
 
 
“Hey.”
 
He nodded his head as a hello and stood up. “I’m going to get another. Want to wait with me?”
 
I nodded and walked with him.
 
“I saw what happened when you tried to sit next to Tao. Are you okay?” His honest face showed that he was truly worried. It was a simple thing that had happened, yet he knew that it would still affect me regardless. I looked at him, not sure how to answer, for I did not even know the answer myself. I simply nodded.
 
 
“Liar.” 
 
I sighed and smiled. I should have known that he would see through that. Unable to think of a proper comeback, I just put my arm around his shoulders and told him to order.