Chapter Twenty Six -Morning of Day Three-

Can I continue feeling this way?

pic credit to http://jongins.tumblr.com

 

 

 

 

I awoke with him lying comfortably next to me. He nestled close to my body, keeping himself warm during the night since we had laid ontop of the sheets instead of under them. He looked different now from when I had seen him sleep before- he looked at peace. Today being our day off, I decided to let him sleep in. I slowly moved aside, trying to wiggle out of the bed without waking him. When I had nearly gotten off the bed a hand reached over and grabbed mine. I almost gasped with surprise but looked behind me to see the little one had reached out in his sleepy state and attached his hand to mine.
 
I scooted in closer and analyzed his still closed eyes.  
 
“You’re awake?” I whispered.
 
“No.” He replied softly.
 
I let out a gentle laugh.
 
“Don’t leave,” He said quietly, eyes still shut and hand still on mine.
 
“But I should order breakfast.” 
 
His grip on me tightened, and he didn’t respond.
 
“Alright.” I whispered an answer to his nonverbal request. I used my free hand to lightly brush away the stray hair on his forehead, and gave him a soft kiss there before I scooted back in. I hadn’t expected to fall back asleep merely because once I got up I was up, but I soon found my eyelids becoming heavier and heavier. I think Tao had fallen asleep before me, for his grip upon me loosened significantly- the result of becoming limp from loss of consciousness. 
 
I awoke later that morning, or evening for all I knew, when I felt Tao sit up and stretch. I lay still and watched him. This was the second day that we had slept in our clothes, not having the energy nor the care to strip and become more comfortable. His shirt slid up as he reached for the ceiling, a sight that I certainly enjoyed to watch, and promptly fell back into place when his arms came back down. He then got off of the bed carefully, probably thinking I was still asleep, and stood up at the end of the bed. He started walking towards the bathroom while playing with the bottom of his shirt. Crossing his arms, he slipped it over his head in one swift movement and strode off into the bathroom.
 
Let’s just say I was glad he had left the room so I could take care of the problem that simple encounter had given me.
 
I got out of bed and walked around the room, waiting for Tao to finish his shower since I needed to take one too. I soon decided to order breakfast for us and waited on the end of the bed after hanging up the phone. I watched the tv, not really paying attention, until I heard the click of the door. I subconsciously turned my head to find the noise maker, my jaw instantly dropping beyond the floor at the sight that met me.
 
The tall figure stepped into the open room. He ran a hand through his soaked hair, now rugged from the intrusion of his hand. Drops of water laced through his skin,
 
sliding,
 
 
 
dripping,
 
 
 
descending to their death across the canyons and valleys rippling across his skin. My mouth went dry following a drop from his jaw,
 
 
 
to his collarbone,
 
 
 
his chest,
 
 
 
gliding down to the bumpy ride of his abs,
 
 
 
sliding over the last one as it was devoured by the white, plush cotton.
 
 
 
Well that’s unfortunate…
 
 
He’s wearing a towel.
 
 
 
“Keep that mouth open any longer and you’re gonna swallow a bug.” the teen spoke, hooking his finger under my jaw and gently lifting it, effectively closing my mouth. An instant shade of crimson tinted my cheeks, getting caught for not-the-first-time. I tried to swallow, but it came out as more of a gulp while a shiver of excitement and curiosity bounced through me at the younger one’s boldness. My dazed eyes continuously stared at the man who was now in front of me, watching another drop of moisture go through the cycle of life and death as it joined other drops and plummeted down from the added weight.
 
“Gege! Are you okay??” he asked, shaking my shoulders and bringing me back to my senses. Waking from my daze, I realized that another problem had arose. I crossed my hands and placed them over my groin region and hoped he wouldn’t notice.
 
“Yeah, sorry. I was just…” I desperately searched for an answer “…sleeping with my eyes open.” I avoided his glance, hoping he would except this excuse.
 
“Really?! I didn’t even know that was possible!” he replied, completely buying my bull response. 
 
 
This boy… will believe anything.
 
 
I watched him as he searched for his pile of clothes in the top drawer of the cabinet. I stared at the tv once again, trying to fully regain my thought process and distract myself from staring at his cute little when he bent over slightly to reach into the lower drawer.
 
Needless to say this was not helping the problem he had given me earlier.
 
Feeling a breeze, I instinctively looked over to the floor where it came from and saw a towel recklessly spread across the ground.
 
 
Oh my god.
 
Is he really…?
 
 
My eyes slowly trailed up his legs, wanting to confirm my suspicions.
 
 
 
up over his knees,
 
 
 
to his thighs,
 
 
 
I breathed a sigh of half relief and half disappointment as I traced the hem of his boxers with my eyes. 
 
 
“If you don’t blink soon your eyes are going to dry up.” he said as he closed the drawer and turned around with a knowing smirk on his face.
 
Turning an even darker shade of pink, if that was even possible, I looked away and nearly sped walked to the bathroom.
 
“I’m going to take a shower.” I said before nearing the bathroom door. “A very cold shower” I mumbled to myself, but realized I may have said it louder than meant. 
 
Oh god. What if he heard me...
 
I nearly jumped in the shower, needing to relive myself of this pulsating ache that only got worse the more I thought of Tao. Twenty minutes later I was out of the shower.
 
It took me a while to realize that I would have to exit the bathroom the same way he did, having forgtten to grab an extra set of clothes to change into when done. Unlike the boy though, I made sure to dry the excess beads that threatened to descend. I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked out, stopping to stare confusedly at Tao. He was still only in his boxers and was sitting at the table with a plate of food.
 
“You’re not getting dressed?” I asked as I searched for my clothes. 
 
After a few seconds of no response, I turned to Tao only to see the teen purple faced and hitting his chest.
 
“Oh my god, Tao! Are you okay!?” I ran over to him and patted his back, trying to get him to either swallow or spit up the food he was choking on. I eventually got him to swallow it and poured him a glass of water which he soon angrily gulped down.
 
“What made you choke like that?” I asked the still pink-faced boy.
 
He kept his eyes down as he took another sip. “Nothing.” he replied quietly as he busied his mouth with more food. I noticed no matter how I stood around him, he wouldn’t look up at me. After a while I gave up and decided to get dressed.
 
 
Which I then realized the reason behind Tao’s near death experience.
 
 
 
I wasn’t dressed.
 
 
 
I wasn’t wearing clothes.
 
 
 
I was wearing a towel.
 
 
 
 
Only.
 
 
 
 
And that was the first time he had seen me like that.
 
 
I smiled to myself as I pulled out a pair of boxers.
 
 
And only a pair of boxers.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Let’s have some fun with this.