Dancing

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

Next day things went back to normal. To EXO-G’s dismay, today was the K’s turn to use the practice room. The girls were not exactly happy, but there was nothing they could do now. They decided to go back to the dorm and practice in whatever space they could make in their minuscule living room.

 

“We can just push the couches aside and change the dance positions just for this one practice.” Yujin immediately started to think about ways of practicing even without the room.

 

“Aren’t there any other rooms? This place is like a freaking hotel! I’m sure there is at least one available place.” Hannah whined.

 

“F(x), Super Junior, Shinee, and those EXO-Idiots are all practicing today.” Kiko replied with a chuckle. “Not to mention the trainees.”

 

“What is this, International practice day? How come none of them have any schedules today?” Jae joined the conversation.

 

“It’s okay, guys. The debut is very close already. We don’t have time to be complaining.” Yujin patted Jae in the head. Then she noticed the maknae acting quite suspiciously. “Lexx, is there somewhere you have to be right now?”

 

Lexx was tapping her feet anxiously and constantly looking in the practice room’s direction.

 

“Lexx!” Yujin called her once again.

 

“H-Huh?” Lexx turned around, startled. “I’m fine, I’m fine!” She replied hastily.

 

“Uh-huh.” Hannah crossed her arms. “You have been weird since yesterday.”

 

“Not true!” Lexx half-shouted back. “Look, you guys go back to the dorm and practice, okay? I have a few things I have to take care of.” The she ran off before anyone could say anything.

 

“What is it with her?” Hannah asked, half angry and half worried.

 

“She never gets worked up about anything.” Jae tilted her head, confused. “Maybe we should go after her.”

 

“Just let her be.” Kiko suggested. Her personality was pretty similar to Lexx’s, so she understood why she wanted to be left alone.

 

“Kiko is right.” Yujin agreed. “Now lets get going.”

Lexx hadn’t gone very far. In fact, she just went around the corner and waited for the other members to leave. She needed to know what was wrong with her dance, but most importantly, she needed the practice room. She was the maknae, after all. Maknaes are not supposed to cause trouble for the other girls.

 

Come one, guys. Just wrap it up and get out. She thought as she paced back and forth.

 

An hour later, Lexx finally heard the door of the practice room being opened and the guys making their way out. She hid on the same corner she had hidden and hour ago and waited for until EXO-K were far enough to not notice her. As if she would let those jerks see this pathetic side of her.

 

She slipped into the practice room, took her jacket off and tossed it on one corner. Then she plugged in her iPod and selected her favorite play list. Before practicing their debut song she had to find out what was wrong with her.

 

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

 

EXO-K had already left the building and were half way to the dorm.

 

“Guys, I totally forgot my jacket back in the practice room!” Sehun suddenly halted, causing Kai to crash against his back.

 

“Then go get it and stop being a road block.” He shoved Sehun playfully.

 

“We will wait for you at the dorm, okay? I’m too tired to stand around waiting for you.” D.O. sighed.

 

“No prob. I’ll be there in a sec.” The Sehun turned around and sprinted off in max speed.

 

He arrived to the building in less than five minutes and ran up the stairs as if he had all the stamina in the world.

 

That’s weird, Sehun cocked his head when he saw light coming out from the practice room’s door window. I’m positive we turned it off before leaving.

 

He approached the door and peeked carefully through the window. As soon as he saw that familiar blond bob, he knew exactly who was using the room.

 

“Lexx.” He murmured. “What is she doing all by herself?”

 

She watched as the girl performed her dance with vigorous movement and strong determination. As soon as one song ended she immediately waited for the next one to start without any pauses. Her blond bang was stuck against her drenched forehead and her white tank top was completely adhered to her back.

 

However, just like Kangin had mentioned before, he noticed something was off with her dancing.

 

What is it, exactly? Sehun thought.

 

He almost had a heart attack when the door suddenly slammed open with Lexx on the other side.

 

“Who do you think you’re spying?” Lexx shot him a death glare.

 

“Woah!” Sehun jumped back. Lexx was known for her pitching arm and that portable stereo in her hand was looking very dangerous. “I just came to get my jacket, alright?! No need to be so moody about it.”

 

“Go get it. Fast.” Lexx stepped aside.

 

“Hey! I’m older than you so you don’t get to speak to me that way.” Sehun said, but still went in to retrieve his belonging. “You girls have no manners.”

 

“Did you come in here to get your piece of crap jacket or to give me etiquette lessons?” Lexx snapped.

 

“Whatever, you continue with your horrible dancing and I’ll just get out of here before that stereo ends up inside my skull.” But just as he was about the exit the room Lexx stood in front of the door, blocking the path completely.

 

Horrible dancing?” She repeated.

 

Okay, I’m dead. Sehun said in his mind. That’s why he was so surprised when Lexx suddenly clenched his shirt with both hands and looked up to his eyes with tears almost spilling out.

 

“What exactly is horrible about it? Do you know?! If you do please, please tell me!” She begged. “It’s driving me crazy.”

 

“Hands off, Lexx.” He pulled back from her grasp. “Jesus, why are you so desperate about it?” He ironed the shirt with his hands.

 

“Our debut is just around the corner. If I keep messing up then…” But her voice trailed off and she stepped away from the door. “You know what? Just leave, please.” She slumped her shoulders and ruffled her hair with frustration.

 

Sehun was about to leave, but when he turned and saw the tough Lexx at the verge of a break down, he sighed and closed the door.

 

“Do your thing. I’ll seat here and see if I can figure out what of all your y mistakes is the worst.” He threw his jacket aside and took a seat in the front of the practice room. “Move it.”

 

Lexx ran to her iPod without saying a single word and pressed play. Then she jogged back to the center of the room.

 

As Sehun watched Lexx dancing, he realized this was the first time he saw her practicing. She didn’t just know the basic ‘cute and pretty’ moves every other girl group did. She had something different. Something special. Every step was just too perfect…

 

That’s it! Sehun realized. So that was the problem, huh. At the same time a mischievous idea crossed his mind.

 

“So?” Lexx look at Sehun hopefully as soon as the song ended. “Did you see something?”

 

“I know exactly was wrong with your dancing and I can help you with it.” He smirked. “At a price, of course.”

 

“I knew you wouldn’t help me out of kindness.” Lexx scoffed. “Whatever. Name your price.”

 

“You have to do whatever I order whenever I order it until your debut comes.” He said confidently.

 

“Are you out of your-“ Lexx began to complain.

 

“So you don’t want my help?”

 

“FINE.” She stomped her foot. “Just help me already.”

 

“Okay then.” Sehun stood up from his seat. “The problem with your dance is quite simple.”

 

“Yes…” Lexx urged him to go on.

 

“Your moves are too perfect.” He finished with a satisfied smile.

 

“Say what?” Lexx’s jaw dropped.

 

“That’s exactly what I mean. You over think all the time. Dancing comes from the heart, idiot, not the brain.” Sehun explained.

 

Lexx thought about it for a moment. Lately, she has been all too worried about executing every step perfectly.

 

“You may be right…” She mumbled.

 

“Of course I’m right.” Sehun rolled his eyes. “Now lets try something new.”

 

He stood in front of the girl and grabbed her shoulders tightly. Then she proceeded to shake her whole body vigorously until every single muscle in her body had loosened up.

 

“I think I’m gonna be sick.” Lexx pressed her eyes.

 

“Second, I want you to think of the first time you realized you loved to dance from the bottom of your heart. Please tell me you can at least do that.”

 

“I-I think I can.” Lexx nodded.

 

“Perfect. Now try it one more time. This time, why don’t you try dancing your debut song?” Sehun suggested. “What was it called? Intention? Excretion?”

 

“Invasion.” Lexx corrected him.

 

“Right. Dance that.” Sehun walked back to his seat.

 

Lexx did as she was told and played the song. It was weird dancing it all by herself, and to make things worst, exclusively for Sehun of EXO-K.

 

Truthfully speaking, Sehun wasn’t expecting much from Lexx. He was positive she would never be able to improve after one single advice. But the maknae of EXO-G proved him wrong.

 

The dance had that EXO feeling the other sub groups had, but it was slightly ier and definitely more feminine. Despite her young age, Lexx could dance as maturely as any of the older members. But aside from her body waves and shakes, what caught Sehun’s attention the most was that flirtatious but innocent expression in the girl’s face. It was as if she had transformed into a whole new person.

 

When she did her final pose Sehun was still staring at her intently.

 

“How was it?” She asked him.

 

“It was amazing.” He whispered. “I-I mean, it was alright.” He snapped out of his daze.

 

“Really?” Lexx smiled in a way Sehun had never seen before. “You mean that?!”

 

He just nodded in response.

 

“Oh my gosh!” She jumped up and down excitedly. Then, for Sehun’s surprise, she wrapped her arms around his tense body and gave him a tight hug. “Thank you so much! I’m serious! I owe you, like, my life or something!”

 

Before he could react, Lexx had already picked her stuff and ran ecstatically to God knows where.

What just happened? He felt his face getting hotter by the second. When he heard his phone ringing, he picked it up nervously.

 

“H-Hello?”

 

“Yo, maknae!” D.O. shouted into his ear. “Were you kidnapped or something? Suho is about to call the police, you know.”

 

“Sorry, I just got caught up in something.” He said apologetically.

 

“Then hurry back, okay?” Said D.O. before hanging up.

 

Sehun threw on the jacket he was supposed to have retrieved ages ago and walked out of the practice room. He shook those strange thoughts from his head and walked calmly back to his dorm.