Partners

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

“So you guys will be on a variety show?” Chanyeol smiled. “That’s great! Congratulations!”

 

“I’m happy for you,” D.O. said. “But I don’t get why you had to come all this way to tell us that.”

 

“Uh, yeah,” Jae turned to look a Suho, who was sitting next to her. “It’s some kind of dating variety show.”

 

“D-Dating?!” Sehun looked at Lexx. “As in boy-girl couples?!”

 

“What other kind of couples are there?” Hannah rolled her eyes.

 

“You mean you will be paired with some other dude?” Suho asked in general, but looking straight at Jae.

 

“That’s right.” Jae nodded, averting her eyes from Suho’s.

 

“Even you?” Chanyeol asked Lexx.

 

“I-I guess…” Lexx replied, blushing a little.

“I would be lying if I said I that I am totally okay with this.” Baekhyun spoke. “Where is Kiko? Why didn’t she come?”

 

“She stayed with Yujin in the dorm.” Jae said. “Our leader shouldn’t be moving around just yet.”

 

“And who are the other guys?” Asked Kai, who had been awfully quiet since the announcement.

 

“Don’t know.” Hannah shrugged. “They won’t tell us, either. They want to keep the secret to make the show more interesting.”

 

“You’re not angry, are you?” Jae asked Suho. Suho thought about it for a moment.

 

“I am not very happy right now, but it’s your job. There is nothing you can do about it.” He said.

 

“Thanks for understanding.” Jae grabbed Suho’s hand.

 

“Uh, you guys realize we’re still here, right?” D.O. made a face. “Stop being all couple-y in public.”

 

“Yeah, you’re not even an official couple so stop it.” Baekhyun added.

 

“Talking about couples…” Lexx said. “What exactly is going on between you and Kiko, Baekhyun?”

 

Everyone’s ears perked up at the sudden question.

 

“I like her.” Baekhyun answered as if it was nothing. “I confessed and everything, but she didn’t answered me. Oh, and Key likes her, too.”

 

“Wow.” Sehun covered his mouth. “How can you say it so naturally? I think even I am blushing a little.”

 

“Because I know what I want and I’m not a little kid like you.” Baekhyun jumped on Sehun and pushed him to the floor.

 

“Hey! Stop it!” Sehun tried to fight him off.

 

“Make me.” Baekhyun laughed.

 

“Seems like Kiko is very popular lately.” Hannah said. “I’m so proud!”

 

“That aside…” Suho said. “Who do you think might be on the variety show with you?”

 

“You don’t think it will be 2PM, right?” Chanyeol asked. “It’s impossible.”

 

“I definitely hope not.” Hannah got worried. “Yujin would seriously kill herself.”

 

“And Kyuhyun would go right behind her.” D.O. added.

 

“Man why is everything so damn complicated.” Kai rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“I think you girls should go now. It’s pretty late.” Baekhyun said. “If you’re seen around here this late at night gossip would immediately break out.”

 

“He’s right.” Jae agreed. “Lets go.”

 

“Wait, Lexx.” Chanyeol said. Then he slipped off his jacket and handed it to the girl “Here, take it. It’s cold outside and you don’t want to get sick.”

 

“Thanks.” Lexx took the jacket thankfully. “I’ll return it soon!”

 

“Don’t worry about it.” Chanyeol smiled warmly at her.

 

“Take care, Jae.” Suho told Jae. “Go straight home, alright? Don’t stay up late roaming around the city.”

 

“As you wish.” Jae laughed at Suho’s excessive concern.

 

“Hey, Hannah.” Kai said. “About what happened earlier with Hyunah, I just wanted to thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome.” Hannah said without even stopping to look at him.

 

“Hey!” Kai grabbed her wrist. “Look at me for a moment.”

 

“Do you think I have already forgotten about everything?” Hannah looked at him straight in the eyes. “I may not be as angry as before, but I don’t feel like simply forgiving you for blaming me when I tried to warn you about Hyunah.”

 

“I’m sorry, Hanna. What else do you want me to say?!” Kai asked, frustrated.

 

“Don’t say anything, Kai.”

 

Suddenly, Kai stepped closer to Hannah, cornering against the wall behind her. Hannah looked around, but everyone was outside sending the other two girls out.

 

“You’re driving me crazy, you know that?” He said. “If I’m not angry with you then I’m running around begging for you to forgive me. Either way, you’re always in my head, Hannah. Why is that?”

 

“I, uh, I don’t know-“ Hannah felt hot all of a sudden.

 

“Well, I plan to find out.” Kai said before stepping away and disappearing into his room.

 

Hannah stood frozen on her spot.

 

“Hannah! You’re coming or what?” Lexx called from outside.

 

“Y-Yeah!” Hannah answered. “Be right there!”

 

A little after that all the girls were gone and the boys were left alone in their dorm.

 

“What was that about?” D.O. asked Chanyeol once he made sure no one was listening.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Don’t play dumb.” D.O. chuckled. “I saw you giving your jacket to Lexx. Are you telling me that that was a simple act of kindness?”

 

“What if it was?” Chanyeol shrugged.

 

“Oh, please.” D.O. rolled his eyes. “You still have feelings for her. I knew it.”

 

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Of course I do.” D.O. insisted. “I know you said you were gonna give her up because of Sehun, but you still can’t forget about her, can you?”

 

“Stop it dude.” Chanyeol said. “I’m serious. Stuff bringing this stuff up.” Then he left the living room and locked himself up in the bathroom.

 

“Oh, Chanyeol. You’re so busted.” D.O. shook his head with amusement.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Next morning the five girls found another familiar group in their practice room. The five SHINee boys were sitting on the floor, apparently waiting for them.

 

“Can we help you?” Hannah crossed her arms.

 

“Hey girls.” Onew waved as friendly as always.

 

“What’s up Jae.” Jonghyun immediately hugged his best friend.

 

“What are you doing here so early?” Lexx asked.

 

“We came because we have some info for you.” Key looked at Kiko with a sparkle in his eyes.

 

“Just tell em’.” Tamein said, looking as arrogant as always.

 

“We found out who your variety partners will be.” Minho said in a hush voice.

 

“Who? Who?!” Hannah leaned closer to Minho.

 

“Us!” Jonghyun shouted.

 

“Are you serious?” Hannah’s smile faded. “Why?”

 

“What do you mean why?” Onew looked a little offended. “We were casted as well! It’s not like we have a choice.”

 

“But we’re from the same company! Where is the fun in that?” Hannah continued whining.

 

“At least we will be paired with someone we know…” Jae forced a smile, knowing how jealous Suho would be if he found out Jonghyun will be in the show.

 

“Hey, Kiko.” Key grabbed one of her hands. “Aren’t you glad we will be on a show together?”

 

“Erm, yeah. Sure.” Kiko said awkwardly. An image of Baekhyun suddenly popped in her mind and she had to pull her hand away from Key’s.

 

“So it’s you, huh.” Lexx blushed. Taemin noticed innocent Lexx’s reaction and decided to a little.

 

“I was kinda hoping it was you.” He placed a hand on her waist. “From maknae to maknae, we will have tons of fun.” He said in a sultry voice.

 

“What are you doing, Taemin?!” Lexx tried to push him away.

 

“I’m just being nice Lexx, that’s all.” He whispered in her ear. “Just leave it all to me. You’ll see, I’ll make you have the best time.”

 

“Yo, Taemin.” Jonghyun pulled Taemin’s hair to get him away form Lexx. “Stop being such a flirt.”

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Tamein rubbed his head.

 

“Lets go, guys. We have a schedule to follow.” Minho said.

 

“Bye-bye Kiko! I’m looking forward to the recording!” Key smiled at Kiko one last time.

 

“See ya, Jae.” Jonghyun waved.

 

“Take care girls!” Onew beamed.

 

Soon all the SHINee members were gone.

 

“This .” Hannah pouted. “I was expecting our partners to be MBLAQ or Beast. Not stupid SHINee!”

 

“Hey!” Jae scolded her. “If Yujin was here she would be angry. It’s out job, okay? We don’t get to complain.”

 

“Fine, fine.” Hannah walked away.

 

“At least we didn’t get 2PM.” Kiko tried to look at the bright side. “Let’s just be thankful for that.”