Danger

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

“Kyu!” Yujin opened the door and closed it right behind here. She wrapped her arms around her boyfriend’s waist and hugged him warmly. “I didn’t expected to see you today. I’m happy.”

 

But Kyuhyun did not returned the hug. He just stood still, an unreadable expression in his face. Yujin sensed his cold aura and broke the hug to look at him straight in the eyes.

 

“Is something wrong?” She asked a bit worried. “You don’t seem like the usual you.”

 

“Yujin.” He frowned. This time, Yujin could sense repressed anger in his voice. Scared, she asked once again:

 

“Kyu, is something wrong?”

 

Kyuhyun ignored the question and proceeded to pull a crumpled envelope from his pocket. When Yujin recognized the familiar handwriting on the paper, the color drained from her face.

 

“T-That…how did you…” She stuttered.

 

“How did I get it?” Kyuhyun scoffed. “What? Me finding out was not in your plans?”

 

“That’s not it!” Yujin shook her head. “I swear!”

 

“Then what is it, Yujin? Because I feel like the idiot piece of boyfriend that cared for you while you went and exchange letters with Ok Taecyeon behind my back!” He dumped the envelope on the floor, right in front of Yujin’s feet.

 

“I didn’t mean to keep it a secret.” She tried to explain. “I didn’t replay any of them! Please just believe me!”

 

“Whether you replied to him or not doesn’t make a difference. The fact is that you kept it a secret from me for how long? Weeks? A month?”

 

“I didn’t wanted you to get worked up about something like this.”

 

“AND HOW DO YOU THINK I’M FEELING RIGHT NOW?” Kyuhyun raised his voice dramatically.

 

Tears began to run down Yujin’s cheeks. This was the first time that Kyuhyun ever raised his voice in front of her. She bit her trembling lower lip and looked at the floor.

 

“I’m sorry.” She muttered.

 

“I thought we trusted in each other enough to talk about things like this.” Kyuhyun said, more hurt than angry now. “But I guess it was only one-sided. Sorry for misunderstanding.”

 

“N-No…”

 

“I’m leaving.” Kyuhyun turned around. “And Yujin? I don’t think I want to be part of this relationship for now. I need time to think.” Then he walked away with his hands shoved in his pockets.

 

Yujin stood there, frozen. Her fists where clenched tightly as she sobbed quietly so the others wouldn’t hear. She felt guilty and awfully hurt, but more than anything, she was angry. She picked the envelope that Kyuhyun had thrown on the floor and ripped it open. She unfolded the letter and went through it.

 

Yu,

How are you? I bet this letters got you thinking about me a lot lately, am I right? Tomorrow we will be appearing on Inkygayo together for the first time. I really can’t wait…

From what I have heard your ty boyfriend has been very busy lately. Does he even have time for you anymore? Juts do yourself a favor and get rid of him. I know you’re dying to. Anyways, I am a bit disappointed that you haven’t replied a single one of my latters. If this continues I might just have to find a new way to make you come to me. Keep that in mind, okay? You know exactly the type of stuff I’m capable to get what I want.

Love,

Ok Taeyeon

 

Yujin ripped the paper to pieces as soon as she finished reading. She could almost hear his threatening and possessive tone coming from the letter. With new resolution, she pulled her phone out and dialed a number that she hated to remember. She took the phone to her ear and waited. Finally, someone picked up on the other end.

 

“Ok Taecyeon.” She said seriously. “Meet me in the lobby of your dorm. We need to talk.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Back inside the dorm the tension was finally easing. D.O. and Chanyeol had fallen asleep on the couch, their heads resting against each other’s. Suho was watching some football game on T.V. with Jae by his side while Sehun and Lexx chatted casually in the dining table.

 

Baekhyun and Kiko were in the kitchen roaming through the fridge for something to eat.

 

“So are you six planning to spend the night here as well?” Kiko leaned against the kitchen counter. “You really are a bunch of rude brats…”

 

“Will you get over it already?” Baekhyun pulled on his own hair. “We didn’t mean to see you ! Damn, talk about resentful…”

 

“Hey, if you are not happy with my attitude you can get out.” Kiko scowled. “The door is not locked or anything.”

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Baekhyun repeated over and over again. “How many time do you want me to say it? Because I will.”

 

“Why did you even come for?” Kiko asked.

 

“Kai wanted to talk to Hannah about something important. I don’t know the details, but judging by his attitude, I bet he messed up and came here to apologize.”

 

“By the looks of it Hannah doesn’t want to talk to him. She locked herself in her room.” Kiko said. “You should leave already.”

 

“Suho tried to talk to him, but he sat in front of Hannah’s door and refuses to move until he gets to talk to her.”

 

“Do you know how stubborn Hannah is? At this rate, you six will stay here forever!”

 

Baekhyun took a few steps towards Kiko, sort of trapping her against the counter. Then he looked into her eyes and smiled.

 

“That doesn’t sound so bad.”

 

“N-Not to you!” Kiko slipped past him and walked to the pantry. She took out two ramen packages. “Do you want some?”

 

“Kiko is cooking for me?!” Baekhyun gasped. “Am I imagining things?”

 

“It’s just ramen, silly.” She laughed at Baekhyun’s exaggerated reactions.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened for a moment.

 

“What is it?” Kiko asked self-consciously. “Do I have something in my face?”

 

“Your laugh.” Baekhyun grined. “It’s the first time I see you laughing. It’s pretty.”

 

“Jeez, what are you saying…” Kiko turned away from him to hide her blush.

 

“I said.” Baekhyun spoke louder. “You’re pretty.”

 

Kiko was about to say something, but her phone rang. She took it out and smiled when she read the name of the caller.

 

“Moshi moshi?” She answered in Japanese. “Oka-san! O genky desu ka?” (Mom! How are you?)

 

Baekhyun watched Kiko as she spoke to her mother on the phone. As soon as she picked the call, Kiko’s expression changed dramatically. Her poker face was replaced for a gentl and sweet expression. Baekhyun noticed that she also smiled a lot, something he was not really used to seeing.

 

How pretty… he thought to himself. Kiko spoke to her mom for about thirty minutes and the whole time Baekhyun couldn’t take his eyes off her.

 

“Oyasuminasai, oka-san. Ai shi teru.” (Good night, mom. I love you.) Kiko said before hanging up.

 

“Sorry for taking so long.” Kiko switched back to Korean.

 

“No worries. It was fun hearing you speak Japanese. I had almost forgotten you are not Korean.” Baekhyun smiled. “Hey, how do I say ‘I’m hungry’ in Japanese?”

 

Onaka ga suita.”

 

“And ‘I’m sleepy’?”

 

Imu nemui.”

 

“And ‘I’m busy’?”

 

Isogashi desu.”

 

“And…what do I say when I like someone?” Baekhyun asked a little quieter.

 

“What am I? You’re Japanese teacher?” Kiko chuckled.

 

“Just tell me!” Baekhyun insisted.

 

“Um, I guess you could just say ‘anata ga daisuki’” Kiko answered. “Happy?”

 

Silence.

 

“I-I’ll just start cooking the noodles.” Kiko said to break the awkward atmosphere.

 

“Kiko.” Baekhyun said.

 

“I’m hungry. Let me eat first.” She continued heating some water on the stove.

 

“Kiko.”

 

“What?!” She turned around to find herself just inches away from Baekhyun’s face.

 

“W-Why are you so close?” Kiko looked away.

 

“Tsukiko.” He said softly, almost in a whisper. “Anata ga daisuki.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yujin is taking so long…” Jae said. “Maybe I should go and check up on her.”

 

“Are you really going to interrupt her conversation with her boyfriend?” Suho said. “You really can’t read the atmosphere, can you?”

 

“I’m a bit worried that’s all.” Jae sighed.

 

“Then think about something else.” Suho said without taking his eyes off the football game he was watching.

 

“About what? You could talk to me, but instead you’re watching that stupid game.” She crossed her arms.

 

If you hadn’t walked out wearing nothing but a towel I wouldn’t have to try so hard to keep those images out of my head, he thought, Damn it, Suho. Just watch the game.

 

“Fine. I’ll just call Jonghyun instead.” Jae stood up to search for her phone, but Suho grabbed her wristed and pulled her back to the couch.

 

“Why would you call him?” He frowned.

 

“I’m bored and you’re not even looking at me!”

 

“I AM looking at you!” He met her eyes, but as soon as he looked at her the Jae-in-a-towel images rushed back into his head. He averted his eyes faster than lightning.

 

“See!” Jae pointed at him. Then she turned a bit sad.

 

“Suho, did you forgot that I confessed to you or are you simply ignoring my words?”

 

“H-Huh?” The question took Suho by surprise.

 

“I meant what I said.” Jae said without any hesitation or nervousness. “And I still feel the same way, but I also have my pride. I won’t stuck around if you’re not going to take my confession seriously and just keep avoiding it.”

 

“This girl…” Suho scoffed. “Do you think I’m insensible enough to ignore a confession?”

 

“Well, are you?”

 

“NO!” Suho snapped. “It’s just that right now, you know, I, um-“

 

“What?”

 

“My mind is not in the right place right now okay?!” Suho said. “I can’t think straight.”

 

“Then I’ll leave you here so you can sort out whatever you’re thinking about.” Jae got on her feet, irritated. “I’m tired. Good night.”

 

But once again, Suho grabbed her hand and pulled her back to the couch.

“What now?!” She asked.

 

Suho scooted closer to her and gently leaned Jae’s head against his shoulder.

 

“If you’re tired just sleep here.” Suho said. “Don’t leave and secretly call Jonghyun from your room.”

 

“Who said I was going to call him secretly?” Jae giggled.

 

“Sleep already.” Suho said.

 

“Yes~”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“It’s been over an hour. And I can’t hear anything outside.” Lexx looked at her watch. “Yujin is taking too long. I’m calling her.”

 

“Are you sure?” Sehun asked. “What if they don’t want to be interrupted?”

 

“I’m still calling her.” Lexx flipped her phone open. “Kyuhyun’s tone when I answered the door was just…weird. I just have this nasty feeling.”

 

What if he found out about the letters? Lexx worried even more.

 

“If you say so…” Sehun shrugged.

 

Lexx dialed and waited for Yujin to pick up.

 

Hello?” Yujin answered. Her voice was cold and stern.

 

“Yujin, is everything okay? I’m a bit worried.” Lexx said. “Did Kyuhyun found out aobut…you know.”

 

He did.” Yujin said after a long pause.

 

“Oh Yujin, I am so sorry.” Lexx said. “Come inside and we’ll talk about it. It’s getting late.”

 

I’m not in the building anymore.” Yujin said. “But you all go to sleep if you’re tired.”

 

“What do you mean you’re not in the building?! Where are you?” Lexx was getting alarmed.

 

“…I’m going to meet Taecyeon. I’m finally going to settle this matter once and for all.”

 

“I know you’re upset, Yujin, but Taecyeon is insane! What if he hurts you? Please don’t go by yourself! I’ll go with you in the morning, I swear!” Lexx insisted.

 

Thanks Lexx, but I’ll be fine. I have to fix this.” Yujin said. “I owe Kyuhyun that much. Don’t worry about me and just go to bed.”

 

“Yujin wait-“ Lexx tried to say, but the leader had already hung up.

 

“What’s wrong?” Sehun asked worriedly. “Is she okay?”

 

“I don’t know, but I’m not going to sit here and wait for something terrible to happen.” Lexx stood up. “We’re going to find her.”