Variety Show

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

“Man, another hour in the hospital and I would’ve strangled myself with the IV chord.” Kiko sighed as she walked into the dorm. The other girls followed inside.

 

“You’re right.” Lexx agreed. “I can’t stand the smell of hospitals.”

 

“Stop complaining already.” Yujin ruffled the maknae’s hair. “We’re lucky everyone is safe and sound.”

 

“Are you sure it was a good idea to leave the hospital so soon, Yujin?” Jae pulled a chair closer to Yujin so she could seat. “You’re leg hasn’t healed completely yet.”

 

“It’s okay.” Yujin assured, but still took a seat. “It will heal in no time.”

 

“Yujin is tough.” Hannah hugged her dear leader. “This is nothing for her.”

 

Then Kangin, Donghae, and Kyuhyun walked in. Their hands were filled with flowers, stuffed animals, cards, posters, and pretty much any type of object imaginable.

 

“I think I got an hernia.” Donghae clenched his abdomen after dumping in the floor all that he was carrying. “Man, your fans over did it just a tad.”

 

“At least now we know their fans actually care about them.” Kangin said.

“This is AWESOME!” Lexx sat on the floor and starting rummaging through all the fanamail in search for letters addressed to her.

 

“I’m touched.” Yujin smiled all the way from her chair.

 

“Okay, girls.” Kanging clapped several times. “Obviously, today’s performance was an utter failure. Some of you hurt but Yujin is even handicapped for a few days, which means we will have to cancel a few live performances.”

 

“No way!” Jae protested. “How can we do that? We’re a rookie group, remember? We NEED those performances.”

 

“She’s right.” Hannah nodded. “Yujin can sing her parts while sitting on stage or something and the rest of us will dance as usual.”

 

“I don’t know.” Lexx said. “Are we capable of keeping up with the choreography without Yujin in them? All the dances were made for five people.”

 

“It’s exactly as Lexx said.” Donghae said. “If we do a choreography for five people with only four it will look a little off. Suspending all the live performances for now would be the wisest thing to do.”

 

“We already talked with the President and he agrees with us.” Kyuhyun added.

 

“Girls, I’m sorry.” Yujin lowered her head. “Because of me now the whole group is affected.”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Yujin with pain in his heart. It was actually because of him that Yujin was hurt.

 

“Hey, hey!” Kiko patted Yujin in the back. “No one is blaming you!”

 

“And we can still do interviews and stuff, right? We’re not going to disband just because we won’t perform a couple of times.” Hannah said optimistically.

 

“And besides,” Kanging smiled. “I have some news that will cheer you girls up.”

 

“What is it? What is it?” Lexx bounced in her place.

 

“Do you remember that time we went to meet the producer of some dating variety show that will be airing soon?”

 

“Yeah…” Jae nodded.

 

“Well, they called me and said they want EXO-G to guest in the first episode!” Donghae said, interrupting Kangin.

 

“Man I was going to say it.” Kangin punched Donghae in the arm.

 

“SHUT UP!” Hannah squealed. “Are you serious?! Oh my GOD!”

 

“This is huge!” Lexx’s eyes widened.

 

“Our first variety show.” Kiko smiled. “I like the sound of that.”

 

Jae was the only one to stay quiet.

 

“Well we have practice with the other Super Junior members.” Kangin said. “The recording is in two days, okay?”

 

“Don’t forget!” Donghea said.

 

“Goodbye.” Kyuhyun nodded.

 

The three managers left, leaving the girls to talk about the news Kangin had just given them.

 

“I can’t believe it!” Hannah hugged a pillow with excitement. Then she noticed Jae sitting in a corner with a funny expression on her face. “Jae, why aren’t you celebrating?”

 

“I don’t know…” Jae shrugged.

 

“She’s just worried that Suho will get mad at her for guesting in a dating show. Am I right?” Kiko said.

 

“Yeah.” Jae sighed. “I just don’t want any more trouble for us.”

 

“We’re idols, Jae.” Yujin spoke. “We have to keep our work and our personal life separated. Suho will understand.”

 

“I hope he does.” Jae forced a smile.

 

After listening Jae’s dilemma, Kiko began to think about her own situation. What will Baekhyun think when he sees her “dating” some other idol in national television? Will he be angry? Sad? And what about Key? What will he think?

 

Stupid boys. Kiko grunted. Stop making me think about all this weird stuff…

 

“If you feel so bad about it how about you just tell him personally?” Hannah suggested. “That way he will be prepared.”

 

“You’re right.” Jae nodded. “I should go right now.”

 

“That’s the spirit!” Hannah cheered on Jae.

 

“And you’re coming with me.”

 

“Yeah! Wait…what?” Hannah frowned. “What for?”

 

“If I’m seen walking into the EXO-K dorm the fans would eat me alive. It’s better if we go in a small group.” Jae explained.

 

“I’ll go too!” Lexx raised her hand.

 

“I’ll stay.” Kiko said. “I don’t think Yujin should be left alone.”

 

“It’s settled then.” Jae said. “Lexx, Hannah, and I will be going to the guys’ dorm for a little while.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The EXO-K boy arrived to the dorm just before nightfall. Since Inkygayo was cancelled because of the incident, the boys had the rest of the evening for themselves.

 

“Dude, I’m bored.” D.O. yawned and clung onto Suho.

 

“Sticking so close to me won’t relive your boredom, you know.” Suho pushed him away.

 

Then the doorbell rang.

 

“Hello?” Chanyeol asked through the intercom.

 

Hello!” A girl greeted back. “This is Hyunah! Is Kai around?

 

“S-Sure.” Chanyeol said, taken back by the unexpected visitor. Then he turned around and shouted. “Kai! You have visit! Go down stairs!”

 

“Who is it?” Kai walked out of the bathroom.

 

“Hyunah.”

 

“And you told her I’m home?!” Kai almost fainted. “Why the hell would you do that?!”

 

“What was I supposed to do?” Chanyeol responded. “You never told me you were avoiding her!”

 

“You’re the worst friend ever.” Kai mumbled as he reluctantly walked down stairs to meet with Hyunah.

 

“Kai!” Hyunah beamed as she saw Kai opening the front door.

 

“What are you doing here?” Kai hissed. He looked around to see if someone was watching.

 

“Why are you being like this?” Hyunah pouted. “I came to see how you were doing after the accident.”

 

“I’m fine, alright?” Kai said coldly. “Now go.”

 

“You haven’t forgotten your promise, right?” Hyunah sneered. “You promised to help me with my lines for the drama. If you come with me I’ll forget that you stood me up the last time.”

 

“Lines for your drama?” Kai snapped. “If you disappear from my sight this instant I’ll forget that you lied for weeks and even took advantage of me.”

 

“So you found out, didn’t you?” Hyunah giggled. “It was about time.”

 

“Hannah was right.” Kai looked at Hyunah with disgust. “You really are a selfish and manipulative psycho.”

 

“So Hannah told you.” Hyunah glowered. “That just had to stick her nose in my business.”

 

“SHUT UP!” Kai shouted at her. “You insult Hannah one more time and you will really get it.”

 

“Aigo…” Hyunah chuckled. “Is that a threat, little Kai?”

 

“Take it however you want to.” Kai said. “Just get the hell away from my dorm.”

 

“Uh, are we interrupting something here?” Someone asked from behind Hyunah. Kai looked up to find Lexx, Jae, and Hannah standing in front of them.

 

“What is she doing here?” Hannah asked, trying to contain her anger.

 

“She came on her own, Hannah.” Kai tried to explain. “I didn’t call her.”

 

“Heard that, princess?” Hannah smirked. “You’re not wanted here so scram.”

 

“Oh, Hannah!” Hyunah gave a fake smile. “We were just talking about you. Damn, I really was hoping that that spotlight that fell on stage would have at least scarred your ugly little face.”

 

“You-“ Hannah clenched her fists, ready to break Hyunah’s nose with a single blow.

 

“Wait.” Kai stepped forward and held Hannah’s hand. “Don’t do anything you might regret in the future. You don’t know what she will tell the media if you really hit her.” He whispered.

 

“Are you defending her?!”

 

“Of course not!” Kai said. “I’m trying to defend you!”

 

“This is getting boring now.” Hyunah yawned. “Bye-bye, Kai. It was nice playing around with you for a while.” She winked.

 

“THAT !” Hannah tried to tackle her but Kai’s arms wrapped around he waist and prevented her from taking a step forward.

 

“Don’t” Kai pleaded. “Just let it go.”

 

“How can you be so calm?!” Hannah turned to face Kai. “She played you like and idiot, just mocked you in your face, and you just stand there and do nothing?!”

 

“I don’t care about her.” Kai shook his head. “If your image is affected, I don’t think I would be able to forgive myself.”

 

“W-What are you saying?”  Hannah smacked Kai in the arm.

 

Meanwhile, Jae and Lexx observed the scene from afar.

 

“What the hell just happened?” Lexx asked Jae. “Why was Hannah trying to attack Hyunah? And what was Hyunah even doing here in the first place?”

 

“I have no idea.” Jae said. “But Hannah has some serious explanation to give.”