The Show II

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

 

I know you must be surprised that your couples will be no other than your own label mates!” The host read off his cards. “Tell us honestly, Jonghyun, do SHINee and EXO-G get along?”

 

“Um, the truth is that back in the company we barely see each other.” Jonghyun stepped forward. “We’re not that close.”

 

Jae held back her laughter. Jonghyun was probably lying for the sake of the show so she decided to play along.

 

Up until now I don’t think we have ever had a face-to-face conversation.” She lied to the host.

 

“Then this is the perfect opportunity to get to know each other!” The host turned to look at both groups. “Lets move on to the next segment, shall we? For this part of the show, each girl will get the opportunity to show her charms to the audience and to the boys. After that, the SHINee members will proceed to select the girl they would like to be partnered with.”

 

Yes~” Everyone replied with excitement.

 

“Then who would like to go first?” The host asked EXO-G.

 

Me! Me!” Lexx’s hand shot up. Her eagerness caused even the staff members to laugh.

 

“So the maknae is stepping forward!” The host placed his arms around Lexx’s shoulders. “What did you prepared for us today, Lexx?”

 

“Aside from being the maknae, I am also the group’s main dancer, so I prepared a dance for today.”

 

Fine by me!” The host laughed. “Music, start!”

 

 

 

Back in the company, the guys had forgotten all about their practice and instead where sitting on the floor with his eyes glued on the screen.

 

“Lexx is really something.” Chanyeol commented as Lexx began showing of her talent. “I had forgotten she could dance like that.”

 

“Yeah…” Sehun sighed.

 

“I bet she will end up with Taemin.” D.O. predicted.

 

 

 

 

Lexx finished and Hannah stepped forward. Instead of doing a power dance like Lexx did, Hannah opted for a ier stage in order to show her feminine side. Her body waves were popular, even within the company.

 

As the music went on, Hannah approached each of the SHINee members and danced flirtatiously in front of them. As the walked in front of Minho and placed a hand on his shoulder, the rapper’s cheeks turned a shade of pink. 

 

 

 

“Why is she dancing like that?!” Kao frowned. “Stop it already!”

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Suho pinched one of Kai’s cheeks. “It’s just a show, for crying out loud.”

 

“Whatever.” Kai scowled.

 

 

 

 

“Now it’s Jae’s turn!” The host grabbed Jae’s wrist and gently pulled her forward. “I have to admit I’m looking forward to see your performance.”

 

“I have prepared something special since it’s our first show and all.” Jae explained. “My image is basically the ‘ice queen’, so instead of acting cool, I’ll will be doing aegyo.”

 

“Is this for reals?” Kiko’s eyes popped opened. “I HAVE to see this.”

 

Is it that weird for Jae to act silly?” The host asked Yujin.

 

“It is!” Yujin nodded her head. “Jae is the cool and relaxed type of girl. Seeing her do aegyo is really unusual.”

 

“Okay, okay!” Jae interrupted. “I’ll begin now.” She walked up to Jonghyun and looked at him straight in the eyes. Suddenly, she placed both of her fists next to her cheeks and said with a pout:

 

“Oppa, you will take good care of me, right?~”

 

Jonghyun immediately covered his face with both of his hands and looked away bashfully. Shrieks and laughter flooded the set.

 

“Kyaa! She’s so cute!” Hannah shrieked.

 

 

 

Suho was silent, but his expression said it all: He was pissed as hell.

 

“It’s just a show, for crying out loud.” Kai teased the leader.

 

“If my girlfriend did that in front of another guy I would also be upset.” D.O. said.

 

“Yeah and she is doing it on a LIVE broadcast.” Baekhyun added.

 

“Man, I would feel so humiliated if my girlfriend cheated on me in front of the WHOLE nation.” Sehun said nonchalantly.

 

“It’s as if she-“

 

“I GET IT!” Suho snapped. “Would you all just shut up and watch the show?!”

 

 

 

That was quite a surprise!” The host smiled approvingly as Jae returned to her spot. “Now the group’s charismatic rapper: Kiko!”

 

The truth is that my vocals aren’t the best in the group and I’m sort of troubled by it.” Kiko cleared . “But today I decided to throw those worries aside and sing a song to all the viewers…and SHINee.”

 

“Excuse me!” Key raised his hand before Kiko could start.

 

“Yes, Key?”

 

 

 

“No, no, no, no, NO!” Baekhyun exclaimed. “You put down that hand down right this second, Key!”

 

“He can’t hear you, genious.” Kai pulled Baekhyun down to his seat. “Besides, you don’t even know what he’s gonna say.”

 

“I may not be sure, but I have a pretty clear idea…” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

 

 

“If it’s not much trouble, I would be really happy if Kiko sang her song to me.” He requested without a drop of shame.

 

“Yah, am I sensing some sort of connection between you two?” The host glanced suspiciously at Key and Kiko.

 

Of course not!” Key laughed. “It’s just that I’ve never seen this side of her so I’m a bit curious.”

 

“Then lets create a scenario!” The host improvised. “Kiko, imagine Key is your boyfriend and you two just had a fight. Use your pretty voice to get him to forgive you. Is that okay with you two?”

 

“Fine by me.” Key winked a Kiko without the host noticing.

 

“Sure, I guess…” Kiko hesitated.

 

“Then begin!”

 

The other SHINee members placed a chair on the center of the set so Key could sit while Kiko sang to him. Key gladly took a seat and Kiko began.

 

Coincidentally, the song Kiko chose was about a couple that did nothing but fight with each other but still always managed to return together. Kiko was obviously nervous at first and made a few mistakes, but managed to take control of her voice halfway through the song. On the other hand, Key was completely immersed in his role as the boyfriend. He pretended to be mad at first, but his expression slowly began to turn brighter and brighter until all he did was smile at Kiko while looking straight into her eyes. At some point he even griped Kiko’s hand confidently and pressed it against his cheek. Even the cameramen and the scriptwriters were blushing.

 

“Hey, since when are Key and Kiko dating?” Jae whispered to Yujin.

 

“They are not.” Yujin giggled.

 

“Then they are really good actors.” Jae said with awe. “They look as real as any couple gets.”

 

 

 

“U-Uh, Baekhyun?” Sehun whimpered. “I know you must be upset, but that’s my hair you’re about to rip off.”

 

“S-Sorry.” Baekhyun mumbled and slowly released the poor maknae.

 

“They look like a real couple.” D.O. commented loudly, curious to see Baekhyun’s reaction. “In fact, they look very good together”

 

“They do not!” Baekhyun barked.

 

“Watching this show with you guys was a mistake.” Chanyeol shook his head. “Somehow, I feel in danger just by standing near you.”

 

“Yeah, this heavy atmosphere is no joke…” D.O. agreed, but in reality he was enjoying messing with the members’ heads.

 

 

 

No one can deny that there were sparks flying between these two!” The host said when Kiko was done singing.

 

“Sparks? More like fireworks.” Onew laughed. The other members laughed.

 

“Now, last but not least…” The host raised both of his arms. “The one an only leader of EXO-G: Yujin!”

 

“Go Yujin!” Lexx cheered.

 

“I-I have something special for today.” Yujin said. “It’s a talent I’ve never showed to anyone, not even my members.”

 

“Woah…” The host gasped. “Seems like you prepared a lot for this.”

“Of course! Since it’s our first show I really want to make an impression.” Yujin laughed. “I prepared a voice imitation!”

 

“Imitation of who?”

 

“Instead of telling you right away, how about everyone closes their eyes and try to guess?” Yujin suggested.

 

“Let’s give it a try then.” The host closed his eyes. Everyone else did the same. A few seconds later Yujin’s singing reached everyone’s ears. Her voice had been transformed into that of a guy’s. Yujin’s new voice was strong but mellow; very deep but soft to everyone’s ears. To anyone from SM, it was quite obvious whom Yujin was imitating.

 

‘Kyuhyun…’ Kiko thought, but stayed quiet and allowed someone else to answer. Even if she and Yujin weren’t speaking to each other, she didn’t want to hurt Yujin by saying something careless.

 

“It’s Cho Kyuhyun!” Taemin exclaimed. “From Super Junior!”

 

Waah, for a moment I thought Kyu hyung was here with us.” Minho opened his eyes and blinked several times.

 

Really cool!” Key gave Yujin two thumbs up.

 

How in the world did you learn that?” The host was genuinely impressed.

 

“I guess I’ve been listening to Kyuhyun sumbaenim for a long time now.” Yujin replied. “His voice has always sounded very appealing to me and before I knew it I learned to imitate him.”

 

The girls fell quiet. Aside from exchanging glances with each other, they didn’t know how to react. Thankfully, the host started speaking again.

 

The moment everyone has been waiting for is finally here! It’s time for the boys to pick their couple. The girls will stand next to each other facing the front and the handsome bachelors will stand behind the girl that they are the most attracted to. Oh, and one final instruction! The boys will have to give the girl a back hug before she turns around. Are you all ready?”

 

“Yes!”

 

Then…START!”

 

The girls quickly did as the host had instructed and then waited for the boys to make their choice. Five seconds later, each EXO-G member had one guy behind them.

 

When I count two three, it’s time for SHINee to give their chosen girl a hug.” The host told the cameras. “One, two…three!”

 

 

 

“The couples are so obvious that it isn’t even fun.” D.O. yawned.

 

“Yeah, even before they began with the talent thing we all knew the outcome.” Chanyeol said.

 

Baekhyun’s jaw tightened as he saw Key wrapping his arms around Kiko’s waist. Watching Jonghyun’s skinship with Jae made Suho’s blood boil. Sehun just made a face as soon as Taemin came in contact with Lexx. The only calmed one was Kai, who wasn’t sure of why he was feeling so burdened when he saw Minho hugging Hannah. Of course, Yujin ended up with Onew.

 

 

 

The couples have been formed, ladies and gentlemen!” The host clapped enthusiastically. “Would each SHINee member explain the reason of their choices?”

 

“I chose Kiko because I think her charm is very attractive. Her character is sort of tomboy-ish, which is very freaking cool.” Key spoke. “We also had a special moment when she sang to me.”

 

The next one to speak was Jonghyun.

 

Seeing a different side of Jae was quite fun. I never thought I would be able to see her doing aegyo.” He laughed. “It was very cute.”

 

I love dancing more than anything, so of course I chose Lexx.” Taemin smiled innocently. “Also, I-I’m not very good with girls and I get nervous easily, so I think that pairing up with someone like me is a good idea.”

 

Taemin’s obvious lie caused Lexx to snort loudly. SHINee’s maknae leaned closer to her and warned:

 

“If you don’t keep your mouth shut I’ll make sure to create such a big scandal between us that you won’t be able to leave the company without a horde of my fans ambushing you. Do I make myself clear?”

 

Lexx gulped and nodded. Frankly, Taemin scared the hell out of her.

 

“Hannah was my first choice because I like feminine girls. Her face is also very pretty and it gives off the feeling that she is very polite.” Minho explained.

 

 

“Oh, please.” Kai scoffed. “He just chose her because her dance probably gave him a …”

 

 

I have always thought Yujin is very mature and intelligent. I like someone who I can have nice conversations with.” Onew said. “She’s also the leader of her group, just like me!”

 

 

“Oh GOD!” Baekhyun moaned. “When is this stupid show over?!”