Trapped

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

Hannah sat idly on the couch after an exhausting practice. It was almost 6 P.M. and she knew she had vocal lessons in less than thirty minutes.

 

“I’m back!” Lexx rushed through the front door and headed straight to her room.

 

Huh? Well, I guess she’s back to normal then, Hannah thought with relief.

 

It took all her strength to drag her body off the couch and into the shower to get ready to leave. After she was done in the bathroom, she threw some comfy clothes on and walked sluggishly out of the apartment.

 

By the time she got to the S.M. building, she was already ten minutes late. She felt kind of guilty for being so carefree when the debut was just around the corner, but honestly, she was exhausted. The group has been practicing like crazy from about a month ago and she couldn’t remember the last time she slept for more than four hours. Her phone vibrated in her pocket as she entered the lobby and waited for the elevator.

 

“Hello?” She answered sweetly.

 

“What’s up.” A male voice answered back.

 

“Luhan!” Hannah smiled at the pleasant surprise. “It’s been so long!”

 

“I know right?” Luhan said. “How’s everything?”

 

EXO-G’s relationship with EXO-M was way different than its relationship with EXO-K. Although the girls didn’t met much with the Chinese sub group, they got along pretty well. Back in their trainee days, Hannah and Luhan became really close friends, but because the groups had different target markets they stopped meeting each other as much as before.

 

“I’m tired.” She whined.

 

“You must be. Your debut is so close now. Keep working hard!” Luhan encouraged her. “But still, I’m a bit worried.”

 

“About what? You know I’ve got mind blowing skills.” Hannah said dead serious.

 

“Arrogant as always.” Luhan chuckled. Hannah could almost hear him rolling his eyes on the other side of the phone.

 

“You love me like that.”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Luhan sighed. “Hey I heard you and the boys are fighting more than ever. Try getting along okay?” He said, suddenly changing the topic.

 

“I can fly.” Hannah said out of the blues.

 

“Huh?” Luhan said, completely lost.

 

“Oh, sorry. I thought we were naming things that will never happen.”

 

“Smartass.” Luhan responded.

 

“Elevator is here. Gotta go!” Hannah blew him a kiss and the hung up without giving him a chance to say goodbye.

 

She stepped calmly into the elevator and pressed the button to the last floor.

 

“Hold the door please!” Someone shouted just before the doors shut completely. Hannah pressed the ‘open’ button and stepped aside so the person could come one. But as soon as she saw who it was, she regretted ever waiting for him.

 

“Thanks.” Kai from EXO-K smiled warmly. But his smiled vanished when he saw who had opened the door for him. “Oh.” He grunted.

 

“Yeah, right back at ya” Hannah crossed her arms and stepped as far as she could from him.

 

When the door finally opened they both rushed out at the same time, crashing into each other. They both lost their footing and fell straight to the floor.

 

“What the hell?!” Kai shouted furiously as he rubbed the spot in his arm in which he had landed.

 

“Are you blind or just plain stupid?” Hannah shouted back as she looked at the content of her bag spread all over the place. Kai’s bag had also flown from his hands the moment they collided.

 

“You idiot.” Kai mumbled as he angrily picked his bag from the floor and threw it over his shoulder. “You’re just lucky I’m late for vocals, or else…”

 

“Wait….vocals?” Hannah gasped. Did she really had to go through her most hated class along with his most hated person?

 

“I just said that.” He scowled. “Oh, and pick all that crap from the floor before someone gets killed.”

 

Hannah’s blood was boiling now. As she saw him walking away she felt like punching him straight in the head.

 

I’ll show you soon enough, Kai.

 

 

Jae was sitting uncomfortably in a fancy restaurant wondering why the hell did she ever agreed going on a date with Yujin and Kyuhyun. Right before practice, Yujin invited her to have dinner with her and Kyunhyun. She said she felt like she doesn’t hung out with the girls as much as before. Jae agreed since she had some free time before her composing class at S.M. Apparently, she had made the wrong choice. Don’t get her wrong, she loved Yujin and she really liked Kyuhyun, but this was too much.

 

“Guys, I just remembered I have some extra stuff to do before the composing lessons.” Jae lied.

 

“What?” Yujin looked at her with puppy eyes. “Can’t you just do it later?”

 

“Nope. It’s pretty urgent.” Jae lied again. “Bye! You kids have fun!” She waved and skipped happily out of the restaurant.

 

As she walked back to the building, her phone ranged.

 

“Hello?” She said.

 

“Jae? This is Donghae.”

 

“Manager!” She squealed. She had this kind of crush on her manager ever since she was in high school. “What’s up?”

 

“I can’t make it to the composing class tonight. I’m sorry.” He apologized.

 

“Really?!” Jae froze. “But I’m already in front of the building!”

 

“I’m sorry Jae. We’ll reschedule, okay?” Then the busy idol/manager hung up.

 

“Damn it.” Jae said under her breath. “So what to do now?”

 

Not knowing what to do with her free time she decided to go inside and wait for Hannah to finish her lessons and then return to the dorm.

 

She headed for a small cafeteria in the third floor and noticed with disappointment that she was the only one there. Jae hated being alone more than anything. The automatic door opened behind her.

 

“Are you going inside or you’re just gonna stand there?” A male voice said. She turned around to find herself face to face with Suho.

 

“Sorry.” She said as she stepped aside.

 

“Whatever.” Suho walked past her and took a seat at the last table.

 

Jae stared at EXO-K’s leader as she weighed her options. She could leave and walke around all by herself until Hannah was finished or she could stay here and have at least someone to accompany her. It’s not like Jae hated EXO-K after all. In fact, she quite admired them. She just hated being told what to do and the boys tended to be quite bossy. Her go-with-the-flow personality just impeded her from really hating anyone. Going against them was just a habit.

 

She quietly walked inside and sat on Suho’s table, right across from his seat.

 

“Do you want anything?” Suho stared at her.

 

“Not really.” Jae shrugged. “I’m just bored.”

 

“Bored? Then why don’t you call Jonghyun or something? Stop pestering me.” Suho was ready to leave, but Jae stopped him.

 

“Jonghyun? What does he have to do with anything?” Jae tilted her head, confused. “Look, just stay here and relax. I won’t be a bother.”

 

“Why do you want me to stay?” Suho asked, not quite sure of what was going on. Two minutes had gone by and they hadn’t tried to kill each other. Something was definitely wrong.

 

“I don’t like being by myself and I guess you’re better than nothing.” Jae replied.

 

“We hate each other, remember?” Suho pointed out. “We don’t do the whole hang out thing.”

 

“Why would I hate you? You just love making things more complicated.” Jae yawned. Suho hesitated for a moment, but he eventually sat down again.

 

“So what are you doing here?” Jae leaned her head on her hand. “Waiting for someone?”

 

“For Kai.” Suho said, not very comfortable with the small talk. “I thought you said you wouldn’t be a bother.”

 

“I’m not bothering you. I’m just asking.” Jae said completely oblivious to Suho’s annoyance. “I’m also waiting for someone.”

 

Suho stayed silent.

 

“For Hannah.” Jae told him anyways. “I sure hope Kai and her are not in the same lesson.”

 

“Why?” Suho raised an eyebrow.

 

“Just because I don’t hate you doesn’t mean Hannah likes you. She hates your guts.”

 

Suddenly, the lights went off. Jae gave a startled jump, but she managed to keep herself under control.

 

“The lights went out?” She looked around.

 

“You don’t say.” Suho answered while getting up from his seat and walking to the door. He felt someone tugging on his shirt. “Where do you think you’re touching?” He pulled his shirt from Jae’s grip.

 

“It’s a habit. And it’s not like I’m taking your clothes off or anything.” Jae told him. “Chill out okay?”

 

“Just keep your hands to yourself.” He turned around and continued walking, but when he reached the door he cursed loudly.

 

“What is it?” Jae asked him.

 

“The doors are electric.” He slammed his fist against the glass. “We’re stuck here.”

 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

 

“This is not happening!” Lexx slammed the elevator doors with all her might. “Open. Up. You. Stupid. Door!”

 

She had heard Hannah leaving the dorm earlier so she thought she would like some company on her way back, so she decided to follow her. But now the lights were gone and she regretted coming all the way to the S.M. building. Oh, and there was one other small detail.

 

“It’s not gonna open because you tell it to, you know.” Sehun said. He and Chanyeol happened to take the same elevator she did at the time of the incident. Now the three of them were stuck for God knows how long.

“Lets just wait until the light comes back.” Chanyeol sat on the floor. “Or until the elevator cables break and we all die tragically. Whatever happens first.”

 

“NO!” Lexx leaned her head on the unmoving doors. She hated elevators ever since she was trapped in one for a full day when she was younger. “I can’t die! NOT UNTIL I DEBUT!”

 

“I was just joking, woman. Calm down.” Chanyeol laughed. He had always thought Lexx was quite adorable. He wasn’t in love with her or anything, but he had always thought the little maknae was quite funny. Not like he could tell the other members.

 

“Lexx, I order you to shut up and seat down.” Sehun said, hoping she remembered the deal they made earlier that day. She glared at him and clenched her fists, but in the end she did as told. But in order to seat as far away from Sehun as possible, Lexx squished herself against Chanyeol.

 

“Aren’t you a bit too close?” Chanyeol asked her.

 

“I am not.” She pouted.

 

“Hey, I didn’t told you to stick so close to him!” Sehun scolded.

 

“What is it to you? I already did as you told me so leave me alone!” She buried her head on her knees and took deep breaths.

 

“You’re shaking.” Chanyeol noticed. Lexx just stayed quiet.

 

“She is?” Sehun asked with a tinge of worry in his voice.

 

Chanyeol nodded. Then he took his jacket off and wrapped it around Lexx’s shoulders. “We’re gonna be fine, dummy.”

 

Sehun observed as Chanyeol acted unusually caring towards the girl and somehow he felt guilty for ordering her around when she was so freaked out.

 

Does Chanyeol likes Lexx? He thought with concern

 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

 

Kiko had just exited the bath when she heard a knock on her door. She threw her pajamas on and proceeded to answer.

 

“Hello?” She opened the door slowly.

 

“Hey.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Bye.” Kiko slammed the door shut before he could say anything else.

 

“Wait! It’s important!” Baekhyun hit the door with his fists. Kiko rolled her eyes and opened once again.

 

“What.” She said flatly.

 

“I got a call from the company. The was a power failure at the building.” Baekhyun explained.

 

“So?” Kiko asked impatiently.

 

“Security said that Hannah, Lexx, and Jae are trapped inside.”

 

“Really? Are they okay?” Kiko was getting alarmed now.

 

“They should. They are with Kai, Chanyeol, Sehun, and Suho.” Baekhyun said. “Kangin told me to come and let you know.”

 

“Why didn’t he call me instead?” Kiko looked at her phone to see if she had missed any calls form the managers.

 

“No idea.” Baekhyun shrugged. “So…wanna go and see what’s going on?”

 

“Yeah.” Kiko rushed to get her jacket and then followed Baekhyun.

 

“You’re going in your pajamas?” He looked at her outfit.

 

“Were you expecting me to dress up or something? Just hurry the hell up.”