Debut

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

“She lost it.” Kiko told Lexx as they sat in the back seat of the car. Hannah was sitting in the passenger seat with an unreadable expression in her face.

 

“Did you see how she flirted with the receptionist to find out where the boys’ shoot is taking place?” Jae joined the hushed conversation.

 

“How could I miss that? Seriously, I still have goose bumps.” Kiko rubbed her arms and shivered.

 

The car stopped in the parking lot of an abandoned warehouse. The amount of cameras, stylists, security, and personnel was overwhelming. EXO-K was definitely in the building.

 

Hannah got off the car faster than anyone else. The other three girls had to hurry to keep up with her.

 

“What are you doing here?” Suho suddenly grabbed Jae by the shoulder as she walked inside the warehouse.

 

“I don’t know myself.” She answered meekly and then accelerated her pace.

 

“Wait-“ Suho followed behind. Jae was trying so hard to get away from Suho that she didn’t noticed when Kiko and Lexx halted abruptly. Hannah was staring right at Kai, who was a several meters away next to the rest of the group. Suddenly she sprinted towards him.

 

“Hannah, don’t-“ Lexx was about to run after her, but a hand grabbed her by the wrist. It was Yujin, who had just arrived the scene.

 

“Let her be.” She winked.

 

“He’s dead.” Kiko rubbed her eyes. “Lets see how the company manages to hide this scandal.”

 

“Yo, isn’t that Hannah?” D.O. was the first one to notice her coming at full speed.

 

“She’s looking at you, Kai.” Sehun elbowed him nervously.

 

“You think I don’t know that?!” Kai panicked.

 

“Just take silently whatever is coming.” Chanyeol recommended. “It’s better that way.”

 

Hannah was only feet away now. Kai raised his hands defensively in front of him and the other members stepped back.

 

“Look, Hannah. If you plan to beat me up just know that you won’t get away with it!” Kai shouted. However, the outcome was quite different. At the last second Hannah threw her arms around Kai’s neck and pulled him into a warm embrace. The other spectators watched the movie-like situation with their jaws on the floor.

 

“I think I’m seeing things.” Sehun blinked. “Did you guys put something in my water?”

 

“I see it too.” Baekhyun blinked, not sure of what was happening.

 

“Kai.” She whispered into the dumbfounded boy.

 

“W-What are y-you doing?” Kai stuttered. His arms were awkwardly extended, not sure of where to put them.

 

“Thanks.” She said as a tear rolled down her cheek. “Thank you so much.”

 

“You’re welcome?” Kai replied.

 

Suho took advantage of the opportunity to pull Jae aside.

 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” He asked her when he managed to drag her away from the crowd.

 

“Me? You’re the one that went all crazy-kidnapper on me!” Jae protested while trying to walk past Suho.

 

“That is exactly what I’m talking about!” He stood in her way. “You don’t even look me in the eyes when you talk. It’s damn rude and it’s pissing me off.”

 

“We’re not friends remember?” Jae said. “You said it yourself several times.”

 

“I don’t care about what I said.” Suho scoffed. “That attitude of yours is driving me nuts.”

 

Jae simply looked at he feet. Suho grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him.

 

“There. Is looking at me so hard?” Suho said.

 

“Why are you being like this?” Jae frowned. “I tried to get along with you, but all you did was treat me like trash. But now you’re acting as if you wanted me close?”

 

Suho sighed. Even he wasn’t sure of what in the world was going in his mind. He just knew that Jae’s attitude infuriated him more then anything.

 

“Fine.” He crossed his arms. “I’ll let you talk to me.”

 

“You will let me talk to you? So I need permission?” Jae tilted her head. A grin was forming on her lips. “Don’t be so full of yourself.”

 

“You-“ Suho gritted his teeth.

 

“I’m kidding, you dummy.” Jae rolled her eyes. “I’m glad we can be friends.”

 

“I didn’t say friends.” Suho said. “I only said we can talk.”

 

“Okay then. Prove it.” Jae tapped her foot.

 

“Prove what?”

 

“That you won’t go back on your word.”

 

“How do you expect me to do that?”

 

“Give me your phone.” Jae extended her hand. Suho hesitated at first, but he eventually pulled it out o his pocket and dumped it on Hannah’s hand.

 

“There.” She saved her number and then gave herself a missed call. “Now I have your number. That’s the proof.”

 

“Weirdo.” Suho snatched his phone back and tried to hide his smile. “Lets go back to the others.”

 

=======================================================================================

 

Hannah finally unwrapped her arms from Kai’s neck and took a few steps back. Kai still had a shocked expression in his face, but now his cheeks were blazing red.

 

“Okay that’s all I wanted to say.” Hannah turned around and went back to her members, who were as shocked as Kai.

 

“Kai, snap out of it.” D.O. snapped hi fingers in front of Kai’s face. “She’s gone man.”

 

“What the…did I…did she just-” He mumbled.

 

“Yeah, she did.” Baekhyun nodded.

 

“Are you okay?” Sehun pulled on Kai’s jacket. “You must be so shocked!”

 

“EXO-K! Ready for the next frame!” The photographer announced.

 

“Lets go.” Chanyeol said. “Doesn’t matter how horrible it was, we still have work to do.”

 

“It wasn’t that horrible.” Kai mumbled under his breath, recalling how Hannah’s soft hair had felt on his neck. How is it possible that that maniac can smell so sweet? He thought.

 

“Did you say something?”

 

“Nah. Lets just go.” Kai said while taking a few deep breaths to get back to normal. “Somone go and get Suho.”

 

===========================================================================================

 

“YOU SIX LITTLE BRATS!” Kangin came in storming into scene with Donghae following behind.

 

“Oh no.” Kiko grumbled. “Who told them we were here?”

 

“Kyuhyun.” Yujin replied with a frown. “I’m going to kill him.”

 

“What in the world do you think you’re doing?!” Kangin bellowed. “You skip practice, take one of the company’s car without permission, and barge into someone else’s shoot?!”

 

“But it was important!” Lexx gave her manager her legendary puppy eyes.

 

“I don’t give a damn about that!” Kangin shouted back. “Donghae, go get Jae and lets get put of here before the President finds out where we are.”

 

“Just wait till we get back.” Donghae said. “You’re not getting another free day until you six win a freaking Emmy.”

 

====================================================================================================

 

The next days were the busiest for EXO-G. When they weren’t practicing they were either trying out their stage outfits, or sleeping. They barely saw EXO-K during that last week before the debut.

 

“I wonder why Lexx hasn’t spoke to me in such a long time.” Chanyeol sighed. They were resting in their dressing room during a show brake. “I saw her in the hallway a couple of days ago and she didn’t even turned to look at me.”

 

“Their debut is tomorrow.” Sehun said with annoyance. “They have to prepare and stuff.”

 

Suho took his phone from his pocket and unlocked the screen. When he saw he had no new messages he dropped it on the seat next to his. Why did she wanted my number if she’s never gonna actually use it? He thought.

 

“How are my favorite rookies doing?” Key barged into the dressing room without knocking. Taemin, Onew, and Jonghyun followed behind.

 

“What’s up.” D.O. nodded. The three SHINee members made themselves comfortable in an empty couch.

 

“So you haven’t messed the show up, huh?” Taemin smirked. “I actually thought you wouldn’t make it this far.”

 

“How do you manage to act all cutesy in front of the camera when in reality you’re such a jerk?” Kai wrapped one arm around Taemin’s neck and pinched his cheek.

 

“It’s called talent.” Taemin smiled. “You should try it sometime.”

 

“Come one, Minnie.” Onew said. “We didn’t came here to look for trouble.”

 

“Yeah, we were just walking by and thought of saying hi.” Jonghyun added as he snatched a bottle of water from Suho’s hand and took a sip. “Oh, Jae called me just now. I’m glad you two are friends.” He told Suho.

 

So she has time to call him but not me. Suho thought.

 

“So are you guys totally excited or what?” Key asked brightly.

 

“About what?” Kai raised an eyebrow.

 

“EXO-G’s debut of course!”

 

“Oh that.” Kai said. “Yeah, I guess.” He added a forced smile.

 

“I know you guys don’t get along, but try to be nice to each other.” Onew advised. “You’re one group after all.”

 

“SHINee?” One of the producers called through the speakers. “We need you guys on set.”

 

“Guess we have to go now.” Jonghyun stretched his arms.

 

“See ya later!” Onew waved.

 

“I’m actually kind of looking forward to the girl’s debut tomorrow.” Chanyeol commented.

 

“You’re just looking forward to seeing Lexx.” Baekhyun chuckled.

 

“I heard their outfits are pretty y.” D.O. said. “Like ours’ but more…feminine I think. I really can’t imagine Kiko with a revealing costume.”

 

Baekhyun blushed at the thought of Kiko wearing some mini skirt, leather boots, and tiny shirt.

 

“What are you imagining?” Kai elbowed him in the stomach.

 

“N-Nothing.” Baekhyun pushed him back.

 

“Should we go and wish them good luck or something?” Sehun said. “You know, just to be polite.”

 

“We’re also performing in Music Bank tomorrow.” Suho said. “We will just tell them then.”

 

=================================================================================(Next day)

 

“This is it, Yujin.” EXO-G’s leader stared at he reflexion in her dressing room's mirror. She wanted to have a few minutes to herself before the big performance. “Do not mess this up. The girls are counting on you.”

 

Then she felt a pair of arms wrapping around her waist.

 

“You will do great.” Kyuhyun met her eyes through the mirror. “Don’t be so nervous.” Yujin smiled and held on to her boyfriend’s hands.

 

“I can’t help it, you know.” She smiled uneasily. “What if I trip? What if I-“

 

“Stop it. You are absolutely perfect.” Kyuhyun said. “But…”

 

“But what?” Yujin panicked.

 

“Why are you wearing such a seductive outfit?” Kyuhyun stared at her exposed navel and tight leather leggings. “I remember voting against anything made out of leather.”

 

“You know the company wanted the whole ‘y/elemental/mysterious concept.” Yujin smiled. “You should see my white fur coat.”

 

“I’m fine with it as long as it covers you up a bit.” Kyuhyun gave Yujin a peck on her neck and then released her. “Get ready, okay? EXO-K is performing, then comes a short break, and then you’re up.”

 

“Got it.” Yuji nodded. “I’m ready.”

 

EXO-K walked to the dressing rooms drenched in sweat from their performance. They had done an amazing job and now it was time to wish EXO-G good luck.

 

“Excuse us.” They said uncomfortably as they walked into EXO-G’s dressing room. Yujin, Hannah, and Jae were there, but Lexx and Kiko were nowhere to be found.

 

“Hi.” Jae smiled ever so slightly as she met Suho’s eyes. “You guys did great.”

 

“Thanks.” Suho said.

 

“We just came to wish you good look with your debut and all.” D.O. said.

 

“Yeah, don’t let the EXO name down.” Kai smirked.

 

“In what parallel universe would I let that happen?” Hannah said arrogantly.

 

“Yeah, that’s just like you.” Kai said.

 

“How come Lexx is not here?” Sehun looked around.

 

“Yeah, I don’t see Kiko either.” Baekhyun added.

 

As if on cue, Lexx came in running and panting. She had to stop for a second to catch her breath.

 

“I can’t find Kiko anywhere!” She announced with dread. “We’re up in less than ten minutes and no one has seen her!”

 

“What do you mean? She was with you twenty minutes ago.” Yujin got up from her seat. “This is really not like her at all.”

 

“Lets go find her.” Jae said. “We still have sometime left.”

 

“We will help.” Suho said all of a sudden.

 

“Right.” Chanyeol nodded.

 

The then EXO members ran frantically around the whole building trying to find Kiko. They swept the main stage, the dressing rooms, and the control center, but is was as if the rapper had disappeared.

 

Damn it, Kiko.” Baekhyun thought as he thought of where to look next. The only place that was left to search was the women’s bathroom in the left wing, and since none of the girls were around he decided to go in himself. Red with embarrassment, he pushed the door opened and prayed that it was empty.

 

“K-Kiko?” He called from the door. When no one answered, he decided to step inside. He was about to kick open every stall when he found a girl sitting on the sink counter with her back against the mirror.

 

“Kiko!” He exhaled with relief. “Everyone is looking for you!”

 

Kiko looked up at him but then turned her head the other direction without a single word.

 

“Hey, what is wrong with you?” Baekhyun took as step closer. As he observed her face with more detail, he saw what he thought was biologically impossible. Kiko was crying.

 

“Are you crying?!” He asked out of shock. Again, Kiko did not answer. Baekhyun was getting annoyed by her lack of respoce and forcefully grabbed her by the shoulders.

 

“Kiko, you don’t have time for this.” He said. “You debut is in five minutes.”

 

“You think I don’t know?!” Kiko snapped. Baekhyun’s eyes widened, but then his expression turned soft and gentle.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked. “You’re the tough tomboy, remember? You don’t do girly things like crying.”

 

“I know.” Kiko nodded. “It’s just that…”

 

“What?”

 

“I worked so hard for this, spent whole nights practicing, passed out due to exhaustion so many times and yet, it all seems pointless now.” She whispered. “Because the one person I wanted to see me the most won’t be able to.”

 

“Who is it?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“My father.” Kiko smiled.

 

“But that’s easy!” Baekhyun encouraged. “I’ll call him for you and tell him to turn on his damn TV on. There is no way he won’t see this.”

 

“It’s impossible, Baekhyun.” She shook her head. “He died last year.”

 

“Oh.” Baekhyun mouthed. “I-“

 

“Don’t say it.” Kiko shot him a look. “Don’t you even dare say that you’re sorry.”

 

Baekhyun clenched his jaw and pulled her off the counter.

 

“Would you stop this already?!” He shouted at her. “Do you think you’re dad would be proud if he saw you here abandoning the rest of your group?!”

 

“You don’t know a thing about him!” Kiko pulled away from his grip.

 

“SO WHAT?!” He snapped. “You think running away will make him proud? I don’t know a single parent that would be happy looking at his child acting like a coward.”

 

“I-“ Kiko choked.

 

“Being afraid is natural, Kiko.” He said softly. “But right now your members are waiting and there is no way in hell I will leave you here.”

Kiko thought about what he had said. Yes, she was scared to death. Her father was the first one to encourage her dream of being a singer, and she had to make him proud wherever he was now.

 

“You’re right.” She said while wiping her eyes. “I’m sorry for being such a selfish idiot.”

 

“Don’t be.” Baekhyun answered. “Just hurry. You’re on in less than a minute.”

 

================================================================================================

 

“Kiko!” The rest of the members ran to hug her as she came running to them.

 

“I knew you would make it.” Jae said.

 

“We will talk later, okay?” Yujin promised. “Right now we have a performance to give.”

 

“Damn right we do.” Hannah winked.

 

“What are we waiting for then?” Kiko said.

 

“Girls.” The boys called. “Good luck.”

 

“Yeah.” EXO-G nodded once.

 

“Lexx, wait!” Sehun ran behind Lexx and pressed his lips against her forehead. “You go and blow their minds away. That’s my last order.”

 

Lexx didn’t had time to process what had just happened when Kiko grabbed her wrist and pulled her toward the side of the stage.

 

“This is it.” Yujin said as they pulled them together in a huddle. “EXO-G’s time has come. Remember that whatever happens tonight, we are sisters for life. Nothing can change that.

 

“You sound as if we were going to mess up, leader.” Hannah chuckled. “But we get your point.”

 

“Are you guys ready?” Yujin broke the huddle.

 

“Yeah!” The others shouted enthusiastically and ran to their positions just as their song began.