Unexpected Twist

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

“WHERE IS SHE?!” Jonghyun demanded to know. The nurse on the other side of the counter looked as scared as a small puppy.

 

“I-I’m sorry, but who are you referring to?” The nurse asked.

 

“What do you mean ‘who’?!” Jonghyun snapped. “Jae, of course! JUNG JAE HWA!”

 

“Just give me a m-moment t-to look it up in the computer.” The nurse stammered as she typed the name in her computer.

 

“Did you find her yet?” Key came rushing into the hospital lobby.

 

“Does it looks like I found her already?!” Jonghyun roared.

 

“Jong, you’ve got to calm down. I’m also worried about Kiko but we can’t just make a scene in the middle of the hospital. There is a huge crowd of fans and reporters outside. Do you really want to be seen screaming at a poor nurse?”

 

“Yeah, sorry.” Jonghyun said after taking a few deep breaths.

 

“Um, sir?” The nurse called Jonghyun. “Seems like miss Jae and the rest of her party were sent to the south wing of the 10th floor. The whole are was shut away to avoid any accidents.”

“Thank you very much and I’m sorry about earlier.” Jonghyun flashed her a beautiful smile that made the nurse blush profusely. “Have a nice day.” He added before him and Key hurried to the elevators.

 

When they reached the floor, the two boys noticed that they hadn’t been the first visitors. Tons flowers, balloons, and other presents decorated the hallways of the South Wing. Jonghyun read the name of several other artists on the cards attached to the get-well gifts.

 

“Looks like the girls are pretty popular.” Key said.

 

“Where are they?!” Jonghyun asked with frustration.

 

“Jonghyun?” Someone said his name. It was Jae that had come out of to see what was the ruckus. Next to her was Suho.

 

“JAE!” Jonghyun ran to her and wrapped his arms around the girl. “THANK GOD!”

 

“I’m fine, silly.” Jae giggled as she returned the hug. “You don’t have to get so worked up about this.”

 

“Are you crazy?” Jonghyun hugged her even tighter. “We were in the middle of recording a CF when our manager told us what happened. I was so ing worried that I messed up like a million times! I’m sorry it took me so long to get here.”

 

“She’s alright, Jonghyun.” Suho took a step forward. “No need to be so stressed.”

 

“I can’t help it.” Jonghyun finally released Jae and eyed her from head to toe in case she had any injuries. “Jae is special to me. If something happened to her I don’t think I could bear it.”

 

“That makes two of us.” Suho said in a voice that made it sound as some sort of threat.

 

“That’s good then.” Jonghyun chuckled, sensing the atmosphere. “When can you get out of this hospital?”

 

“Hannah, Lexx, and me are good to go.” Jae said. “But Kiko and Yujin need a little more time under observation.”

 

“Kiko?!” Key’s ears perked up. “Is she alright? Where is she?!”

 

“Room 106.“ Jae answered. “But Baekhyun is with her so maybe-“ But before she could finish Key was already gone.

 

“That kid…” Jonghyun shook his head. “He never listens.”

 

“He’s just worried.” Jae smiled. “Wanna go drink some coffee?” She offered.

“I would love to.” Jonghyun nodded.

 

Again, Suho felt like the odd one out. Every time Jonghyun showed up Suho couldn’t help but think that the relationship between those two is way more important to Jae than her relationship with Suho.

 

He felt a hand slipping into his, making him wake up from his internal struggle.

 

“Suho?” Jae stared at him. “You’re also coming.”

 

“As long as you want me to…” He grinned as he interlocked fingers with her.

 

“Of course I do.” Jae scoffed. “Now lets go.”

 

 

“Knock, knock.” Key opened the door of Kiko’s room and gave himself permission to go in.

 

“Key?” Kiko looked up, surprised. Baekhyun, who was sitting in a chair next to Kiko’s bed, also looked startled.

 

“I came to see how you were doing.” Key smiled bashfully and shoved his hands into his pockets. “It’s been a while since we last saw each other. Too bad we finally get to meet under these circumstances.”

 

“Yeah. It .” Kiko shrugged. “Thanks fro coming though.”

 

“It’ my pleasure.” Key winked at her. Then he turned to Baekhyun and started to send him signals with his eyes. Give me some time alone with her, he tried to say, but Baekhyun didn’t move an inch. He just kept staring at Key.

 

“Baekhyun, could you please step out for a moment?” Key tried speaking this time. “I have something to tell Kiko.”

 

“No, I can’t” Baekhyun refused.

 

“Huh?” Key started to get annoyed. “Why?”

 

“Because I like Kiko.” Baekhyun said without hesitation. “Why would I leave the girl I like alone with some other guy.”

 

Key’s jaw dropped to the floor. Kiko was also left dumbfounded by Baekhyun’s bold statement.

 

“You like her?!” Key asked. “You like Kiko?!”

 

“I just said that.”

 

Now Key was getting angry. “I told you I liked her first!” He snapped. “How can you do this to me?!”

 

“I know you did, but you never gave me a chance to said what I feel. Besides, I already confessed a couple of days ago.” Baekhyun said.

 

“You backstabbing !” Key insulted Baekhyun. “Bros don’t pull this kind of crap on each other!”

 

“I’m not pulling anything.” Baekhyun defended himself. “I like her and that’s it. I can’t control my feelings just because we like the same girl.”

 

“Wait.” Kiko finally snapped out of it and turned to Key. “You like me?!”

 

“It’s obvious, Kiko!” Key pulled on his hair with frustration. “I really do!”

 

“How the hell did this happen?” Kiko buried her head under her pillow. Drama and love triangles were not really her thing.

 

“I think I deserve a chance.” Baekhyun finished.

 

“You just got a head start because you’re in her group.” Key scowled. “But soon enough I’ll get my chance.” Key said.

 

“You can try as many times as you want.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-At 2PM’s Practice Room-

 

Six 2PM members where taking a short break from the arduous rehearsal. Although they all loved exercising, the atmosphere was heavy. Then Taecyeon walked into the room with his bag in hand.

 

“You’re late.” Jun.K commented. “It’s the third time this week.”

 

“So?” Taecyeon snorted. “I take half the time you do to learn a dance so be quiet.”

 

“You son of a .” Jun.K mumbled.

 

“Dude, we saw what happened on TV.” Nichkhun spoke.

 

“Yeah, so?” Taeyeon asked as he took a seat on the floor and spread his legs.

 

“Hyung, please don’t tell me you had anything to do with the incident.” Chansung looked into Taecyeon’s eyes.

 

“Are you ing accusing me for what happened today?!” Taecyeon was getting seriously angry.

 

“Don’t play innocent, Taec.” Junho stepped in. “We know about your obsession with Yujin.”

 

“We also know she went to the dorm a couple of days ago looking for you.” Wooyoung also pitched it.

 

“Seems like you guys have been very busy meddling in my business lately.”

 

“We’re just worried.” Nichkhun said. “Please don’t do anything stupid.”

 

“Are you sure you didn’t had anything to do with today’s catastrophe?” Changsun begged one last time. "Because it sounds like something you would do."

 

“Look, as glad as I would’ve been to see Kyuhyun’s remains being picked up from the stage with a shovel, I’m afraid I had nothing to do with it.”

 

“Taecyeon, stop lying. If you tried to hurt Kyuhyun today, I swear to God that I will-“ Jun.K threatened.

 

“Whatever you moron.” Taecyeon picked his bag again and began to leave the studio. “If you do find the culprit, let me know right away. I want to be the first one to thank him for his achievements today. But-“ His expression suddenly turned dark. “I’ll have to kill him afterwards for putting Yujin in the hospital. He will definitely pay.” 

 

"That crazy piece of ." Jun.K shook his head. Everyone nodded in agreement.

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter you guys! T.T But it was necessary to cut the story right there. Next chapter will be longer! I promise!^^