Blood Ties

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

“You’re still here, Hannah?” The cleaning lady walked into the practice room with her mop in hand. “I thought you girls had the rest of the days off. I saw the other four leaving a while ago…”

 

“I know, Auntie. I was just leaving.” Hannah smiled weakly.

 

“You don’t look so well, dear. Maybe you should go home and rest for a while. The five of you have been working non-stop ever since your debut.” The cleaning lady said out of concern.

 

“Maybe later. I promised Kiko and Jae that I would go have dinner with them and the EXO-M guys.” Hannah said. “I should get going.”

 

“Take care now.” The lady said. “No drinking or whatever you kids do these days.”

 

“Yes~” Hannah bowed her head and gave her Auntie a gentle eye-smile.

 

She walked through the hallways of the floor with heavy steps and her head somewhere far away. She was in such a daze that when she turned around the corner she didn’t notice the girl that was walking in the opposite direction. The crash between them was imminent.

 

“I’m so sorry!” Hannah bowed repeatedly. “I wasn’t looking where I was going!”

 

“You should pay more attention, Hannah dear.” A snake-like voice replied. Hannah looked up to see who was in front of her.

 

“Hyunah…” She grunted. “What are you doing here?”

 

“That’s not the right way to greet you seniors.” Hyunah raised her chin. “And whatever I do is none of your business.”

 

“You’re in my territory, Hyunah dear.” Hannah flipped her hair. “So yeah, it IS my business.”

 

“Ooh, touchy.” Hyunah said. “If you must know, I’m looking for Kai. He promised to help me with a little something today.”

 

“Well you took a wrong turn somewhere. Kai is not in this floor.” Hannah scoffed. “Weird. If you two had plans why wouldn’t he gave you a location?”

 

“Shut up, Hannah. If I were you, I would mind my manners, you hear me?” Hyunah hissed.

 

“The only thing I hear is you ing about some trash you’re imagining.” Hannah dropped her bag and placed her hands on her hips.

 

“, you better start behaving or else-“ Hyunah threatened.

“Hyunah?” A voice called from around the corner. Seconds later Kai and Sehun walked into sight. Both of them were wearing gym clothes and were drenched in sweat from head to toe. “I thought I heard your voice.”

 

“Kai!” Hyunah put on her nice girl mask and jumped to grab Kai’s arm. Suho took a step back, not wanting to get involved in whatever that chick was doing. “You heard my voice and came running to see me, right?” She batted her eyelashes at a confused Kai.

 

“Actually, I came to see what in the world you’re doing here in my company.” Kai pulled his arm away from her. “Does your manager know you’re here?”

 

“Who cares~” Hyunah exploded with aegyo. Hannah felt like barfing.

 

“Hannah…” Kai noticed her standing awkwardly behind Hyunah. “You’re here too.”

 

“Me? Practicing MY dance in MY company’s practice room?” Hannah said sarcastically. “Who would have imagined!”

 

“Why are the two of you together?” Kai kept switching his glance from Hannah to Hyunah over and over again.

 

“Leaving.” Hannah picked her bag and tried to walk past the small crowd, but Hyunah purposely stood in her path so she would pass through.

 

“I came looking for you, honey!” Hyuna smiled.

 

“I thought you two had already arranged a meeting.” Hannah coughed.

 

“You can’t just pop in here.” Kai told Hyunah in a gentle manner.

 

“And besides, we have plans already.” Suho talked for the first time. “Isn’t that right, honey?”

 

“Aww.” Hyuna whined. “How about you cancel them and come with me instead? I really need to prepare for my upcoming drama!”

 

“Drama?” Suho asked.

 

“It’s called ‘Love Season’.” Hyunah bragged. “Many famous actors are going to be in it and I’m the female lead.”

 

“Erm, good for you.” Suho said. “Dude, I’ll meet you in the dorm. I don’t know why but I’m suddenly pissed off.” He announced and quickly left.

 

Love Season? Hannah repeated in her head. I’m sure that Nicole from KARA was the female lead…

 

“I can’t cancel my plans.” Kai said. “I know I said I would help you, but I just can’t go with you every time you ask me to.”

 

Hannah took the opportunity to sneak past Hyunah and run to the elevator. She was in no mood to handle Hyunah and much less to talk to Kai.

 

 

“Fine!” Hyunah stomped her foot. “You go do whatever you want, you big jerk!” Then she turned around in her little tantrum and walked past Hannah, knocking her belongings while she was at it.

 

“Damn it.” Hannah sighed as she meditated whether to just leave her bag there and head home.

 

“Here.” Kai kneeled down and picked it up for her. Hannah snatched it from his hands and threw it over her shoulder.

 

“Hannah, wait.” He grabbed on to her wrist.

 

“What. I’m busy.”

 

“About what happened two days ago…” He put his hands in his pockets. “I said too much. Sorry.”

 

“Whatever.” She said meekly.

 

“No, it’s not ‘whatever’.” Kai told her. “Luhan told me…”

 

“Told you what, exactly?” Her ears perked up and she squinted at him, demanding an explanation.

 

“About your days as a trainee.” He looked away, almost regretting bringing up the topic.

 

Hannah’s body froze over. Her eyes opened wide and her lips trembled with rage.

 

“Who the hell do you think you are…” The mumbled.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!” She shouted at him.

 

“What? I just-“

 

“You think you can come to me, criticize my hard work, and then apologize as you please?! Don’t act as if you understand about me, Kai.” She pushed him back.

 

“Hey!” He grabbed her hands to stop her from attacking him. “Calm down, Hannah!”

 

She blinked a couple of times, as if realizing she was acting like a maniac and stopped making an effort to push him back.

 

“I have to go.” She told him flatly. “Sorry.”

 

Kai was speechless. He had no idea of how to act in front of this new side of Hannah. He felt like an idiot for saying what he did before understanding how hurt Hannah actually was.

 

As she mad her way to the elevator, she made a brief pause.

 

“And Kai, I don’t need your pity.” She said. Then she left.

 

“Luhan is going to kill me.” Kai slapped himself in the forehead.

 

============================================================================

 

“How long are they planning to sit there?” Chanyeol fanned himself with his cap. “It’s like a thousand degrees out here.”

 

“And this stupid scarf is not helping.” Sehun loosened the grey scarf that was tightly wrapped around his neck.

 

“Don’t.” D.O. stopped him. “People might recognize us if you take that off. Just bare wit it a bit longer.”

 

“We have been sitting in this café for forty five minutes already!” Sehun whined.

 

“Such a kid…” Chanyeol mumbled to himself.

 

The three of them had been following Lexx and Hyunki like shadows for the past two hours. First to the shopping mall, then to the park, and now they were sitting at a small outdoors café. From their observations, Lexx and Hyunki were definitely more than friends. They hugged and touched each other carefreely, talked about old stories, and laughed at hundreds of inseide jokes that none of the three understood.

 

“I knew this was a terrible idea.” Sehun dropped his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder, exhausted and disappointed.

 

“Aish, it’s not that bad.” Chanyeol comforted him. “That guy will probably leave soon and they won’t get to see each other for a long time.”

 

“Look!” D.O. pulled both of them closer. “Lexx is getting up from her seat.”

 


“But why isn’t her date going with her as well?” Chanyeol frowned.

 

“Maybe she went to the restroom?” Sehun guessed. “Or maybe she hates his guts and decided to break ties with him…”

 

“Dream on, kid.” D.O. chuckled, then he wrapped his arms around the other two’s necks and pulled them into a huddle. “Okay, here’s the plan. At the next location we will get closer and-“

 

“Excuse me.” A husky voice interrupted their strategy meeting.

 

“Oh …” D.O. cursed as he looked up to find no one but Hyunki staring down straight at them.

 

“Y-Yes?” Chanyeol replied, trying to sound as natural as possible since Sehun was too startled to utter coherent phrases. His cheeks had gone pale and he looked as if he was having an aneurism.

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt whatever you’re doing, but you three are creeping me out. Big time.” A flash of anger ran through Hyunki’s handsome expression.

 

“What are you talking about? I think you got the wrong people, dude.” D.O. readjusted his shades and buried his face deeper into his scarf.

 

“Please,” Hyunki scoffed with exasperation. “I can hear your damn whispering all the way from my table. And you!” He pointed at Chanyeol. “You were trying clothes in the dressing room next to mine when we were at the mall!”

 

“Are you serious?!” Sehun hissed at Chanyeol. “You said you had gone to the bathroom!”

 

“The clothes were on sale!” Chanyeol defended himself. “Sue me for being a smart shopper.”

 

“You’re unbelievable!” The maknae said sharply.

 

“Look, at first I thought you were Eunyoung’s fans, but now you’re crossing a line.” Hyunki said. “I suggest you three leave us alone.”

 

“Fans?” D.O. gasped, then he turned to the other two. “This jerk is looking down on us.”

 

“Jerk?” Hyunki’s eyebrow twitched. “I hope you’re not referring to me.”

 

“We are!” Sehun pushed his chair back and raised his voice. “If anything, we have double the right to be with Lexx than you do!”

 

“I don’t like beating kids half my age, but you’re kinda asking for it.” Hyunki lowered his voice but somehow sounded twice as dangerous.

 

“Hyunki!” A cheerful voice called in the distance. “I didn’t saw you at the table. Is everything alright?”

 

“Everything is fine.” Hyunki’s smile returned to his face. “I’m just taking care of something. Why don’t you wait for me at the table? This will only take a few minutes.”

 

“What something?” The Lexx cocked her head to get a better look of the three individuals that Hyunki was talking to. “Oh! What are you doing here?” She immediately recognized the three faces.

 

“Lexx!” D.O. waved naturally. “What a surprise!”

 

“This is such a COINSIDENCE!” Chanyeol gasped in an overly dramatic way.

 

“It is!” Lexx smiled. Then she noticed Sehun sitting right next to Chanyeol. He wasn’t looking too happy. “Hi, Sehun.” She waved timidly.

 

“Hey.” He nodded.

 

“Eunyoung.” Hyunki took Lexx’s side. “Do you know these freaks?”

 

“Of course I do.” Lexx snickered. “They are my group members from EXO.”

 

“M-Members? Boys? I thought EXO only had girls.” Hyunki was shocked.

 

“EXO-G are only girls, the other twelve from the other subunits are guys.” Lexx explained.

 

“Oh.” Hyunky grunted, not very pleased with the idea of Lexx being surrounded by so many boys.

 

“How about you introduce us to your boyfriend, Lexx?” D.O. suggested.

 

Lexx and Hyunki exchanged glances and after few seconds they started to laugh hysterically.

 

“Boyfriend?” Lexx repeated.

 

“Did I said something funny?” D.O. asked.

 

“No of course not!” Lexx wiped a few tears from her eyes. “Hyunki, these three are Sehun, Chanyeol, and D.O.”

 

“A pleasure.” Hyunki lied through his teeth.

 

 

“And you three, this is Hyunki.” She tried to hold back her laughter. “My older brother.”

 

“Brother?!” Sehun exclaimed, accidentally spilling his drink on Chanyeol’s lap.

 

“Son of a-!” Chanyeol pounced Sehun once in the shoulder. “Watch it you moron!”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Sehun waved at him dismissively and then turned to Lexx, who was dumping tons of napkins on Chanyeol’s soaked jeans. “What were you saying about you two being brother and sister? Are you serious?!”

 

“Yeah.” Lexx giggled. “Why would you assume we were dating?”

 

“We saw you…the car…then the date.” Sehun’s voice kept lowering as he spoke.

 

“That’s odd.” Lexx scratched her head. “I’m pretty sure that I showed D.O. a picture of me and my brother not too long ago.”

 

Suddenly, two pairs of eyes darted in D.O.’s direction.

 

“Man, if looks could kill…” D.O. joked nervously. “Is it getting hotter in here or is it just me?”

 

You knew?!” Sehun's blood seethed. D.O. got up from his chair uneasily and took a step back. Watching the maknae, which was usually cute and obedient, getting angry was not a pretty sight.

 

“Now that she mentions it, I might have seen a picture or two of the lovely siblings some time ago.” D.O. laughed nervously, well aware than his well-being was in danger. “Funny turn of events, huh.”

 

“The only funny thing will be your face when I beat you less tonight at the dorm.” Chanyeol cracked his knuckles. The only times he got this angry was when he was made a fool of, which D.O. successfully accomplished.

 

“Hey, hey!” Lexx took a protective stand in front of D.O. “It’s okay! There is no reason to get so upset about this.”

 

“She’s right, kids.” Hyunki smirked. “We’re only sibling. You three have nothing to worry about.” He finished his phrase with a charming wink.

 

Sehun blushed profusely. Fortunately, Lexx was too busy calming a rabid Chanyeol to pay attention to Hyunki’s subtle remark or Sehun’s embarrassed reaction.

 

“You two be nice to each other.” Lexx folded her arms over her chest. “And besides, the only ones that get to beat ANY of the EXO-K members are the girls of EXO-G.” She smiled proudly.

“Eunyoung.” Hyunki tapped Lexx’s shoulder impatiently. “The movie is starting in ten minutes. Shall we go?”

 

“Oh, right!” Lexx remembered he was on a special day with his brother. “We should get going.”

 

“Yeah, don’t let us hold you back.” Chanyeol said, trying to cool his head.

 

“Have a safe trip!” D.O. waved.

 

“Yeah!” Lexx waved back.

 

As the two sibling walked away, Sehun was feeling specially depressed.

 

Now she will think I am an idiot! He cried to his insides. What am I going to do now? For once, I wanted to show a cool side of myself. Ugh, if it wasn’t for that idiot D.O…

 

“Sehun!” Lexx suddenly came running to him.

 

“Y-Yes?” He woke up from his internal ramble.

 

“I haven’t forgotten about my promise. I still owe you one.” She said solemnly. “Give we a call if you think of something to do, kay?”

 

“Yeah!” Sehun smiled from ear to ear. “I will!”

 

“See you later, then!” Lexx jogged back to Hyunki, who was waiting for her with an annoyed expression.