Aftermath

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

“What do you mean you can’t find her?” Suho stared at Jonghyun.

 

“Just like that.” Jonghyun replied. “Seems like you were the last one to talk to her.”

 

“Uh, yeah.” Suho said. “But she left a while ago.”

 

“Did she left or did you make her to leave?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow.

 

“I told her to leave.” Suho answered with no hesitation. “You know we’re not friends.”

 

“And was she drunk?” Lexx asked.

 

“Probably.” Suho shrugged.

 

“She was drunk and you let her leave like that?!” Jonghyun was getting angry now.

 

“What was I supposed to do? She’s not my responsibility!” Suho said.

 

“EXO is our responsibility, Suho, no matter how much you hate it.” Lexx told him coldly. “I’m going to go look for her.”

 

“Lets split up. If you find her let the others know.” Jonghyun ordered. “Got it?”

 

“Roger.” Chanyeol and Lexx nodded once and each of them went their own way.

 

Suho was left alone with his thoughts. Jae’s disappearance had really been kind of his fault and he was starting to feel responsible for it. Not because it was Jae the one who got lost, but because Lexx’s words were true. EXO was his responsibility. He was the “guardian” after all. He got up from his chair and went to join the search party.

 

“Yo, Sehun.” Suho found the maknae on the dance floor. He was dancing and chatting happily with Taemin, Nicole, and Hara.

 

“What is it?” He turned around.

 

“I thought you said you were going to the bar.”

 

“Oh, I did.” Sehun made a face. “But when I got there Chanyeol and Lexx were being all friendly and weird. I had to get out of there.”

 

“Nevermind that.” Suho pulled him away form his friends. “Jae is missing. If you see her around let the rest of us know, okay?”

 

“Oh I just saw her a few minutes ago!” Nicole said. “I totally loved her outfit! I used to have one just like that but-“

 

“Nicole.” Suho sighed. “Just get to the point.”

 

“Grumpy as always.” Nicole giggled. “Yeah, I saw her walking with Yoseob a little while ago. They were heading to the exit, I think.”

 

“The exit? With Yoseob?” Suho frowned. “Why?”

 

“How should I know?” Nicole shrugged and then turned back to Hara and Taemin.

 

“We have to go get her.” Suho pulled Sehun by the wrist and sprinted towards the exit. They went out of the club and looked around to see if there were any signs of Jae.

 

“Are you Suho? From EXO?” Someone tapped on the leader’s shoulder. He turned around to find a handsome blonde young man whose name he definitely knew.

 

“Yes.” Suho nodded.

 

“I’m Yoseob.” He gave a boyish smile. “Are you friends with Jae?”

 

The word ‘friends’ made Suho cringe, but he still nodded.

 

“She is over there.” Yoseob pointed at a girl sitting in the sidewalk about half a block away. “I was about to take her with me.”

 

“Why?” Suho got a little defensive. “Why would you take a drunk girl with you in the middle of a party?”

 

“Oh, no! It is not what you think!” Yoseob laughed. “Jae and I have been friends for a long time now. She was pretty depressed so I thought she wasn’t feeling well. It’s weird to see Jae like that. Not many things can bother that girl.”

 

Suho felt a pang of guilt in his chest.

 

“Well, I guess I’ll take her with me after all.” Yoseob shrugged. “Too bad she is my close friend. We could have had fun tonight.” He bit his lower lip.

 

“I’ll take her.” Suho blurted. “She is my member so I’ll take responsibility.”

 

“No need, man. I’ll look after her and-“

 

“I said,” Suho cut him out. “I’m taking her with me.”

 

“Okay, okay. No need to get so defensive about it.” Yoseob scoffed. “Just don’t do anything weird to her.”

 

“Sehun!” Suho called the maknae who was still looking around for Jae. “She’s over there. Call the others and tell them we’ve got Jae and that we’re leaving. I’m sick of this party.”

 

“Yes boss.” Sehun pulled out his phone and dialed Chanyeol’s number first. “Yo, lover boy. We’re leaving. Huh? You need help with Kai? Why?” He had a quick conversation and then hung up to report back to Suho.

 

“Uh, Suho? We’ve got a little issue with Kai.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I don’t know all the details, but I’m pretty sure Chanyeol said something about him being high.”

 

“You’re kidding right?” Suho’s blood began to boil.

 

“I’m just saying what Chanyeol told me!” Sehun took a step back, sensing Suho’s anger.

 

“Wait here.” Suho walked to where Jae was sitting and lifted her from the floor without much effort.

 

“Hey! Let me go!” She tried to resist. “This is harassment!”

 

“Stay still.” Suho suddenly halted. Then he looked at her from head to toe. “Are you okay?”

 

“Why wouldn’t I?” Jae was taken back by his sudden display of concern.

 

“You are drunk and left the club with a man.” Suho said. “I’m just making sure you’re unhurt before the rest of your members kill you for leaving like that.”

 

“Dammit.” Jae rubbed her eyes.

 

“Yeah.” Suho said. “You’re in a load of problems now.”

 

=============================================================================

 

The next day felt heavy and depressing. Hannah had been in a sour mood ever since she returned last night, Jae was in the couch, hungover, and Yujiin was fulfilling her duty as the leader.

 

“What were you thinking!” She scolded Jae. “Everyone was worried sick about you! I had to pull Kyuhyun out of the party so he could help me get you into the car!”

 

“For the thousandth time, Yujin. I’m sorry, okay?” Jae said while rubbing her temples.

 

“Don’t you ever do something like that again.” Yujin continued. “Kangin almost ripped my head off last night!”

 

“Calm down, Yujin.” Kiko walked into the leaving room. “I think she got it already.”

 

“Yeah,” Hannah said. “She’s not five anymore.”

 

“And you.” Yujin turned to Hannah. “Would you care to explain why did you punched Minho in the face? He is your senior, Hannah!”

 

“He deserved it.” Hannah said. “It was all his fault Kai ended up like he did last night.”

 

“Since when do you care so much about Kai?” Lexx smirked.

 

“You’re the on to talk. You were stuck to Chanyeol all night long.” Hannah teased. “Am I sensing some sort of relationship between you two?”

 

“Chanyeol and me?” Lexx bursted in laughter. “Right.”

 

“Guys.” Kiko flipped her phone open. “Key texted me. Seems like quite a few people already know about the little Hannah-punching-and-idol-in-the-face accident.”

 

“Perfect.” Yujin stormed to her room to see if there were any pictures in the internet.

 

“How in the world did Key got my number?” Kiko asked Jae, who just shrugged.

 

“Are you okay, Hannah? Don’t worry too much about it. We will find a way to clear this mess.” Lexx promised Hannah.

 

“What pisses me off the most is that everyone found out about me punching Minho but I haven’t heard ANYONE mentioning Kai being high last night.” Hannah crossed her arms. “Maybe I should’ve just left him there to rot.”

 

“You did the right thing, Hannah. We all know you did.” Kiko grinned. “Now, lets get ready for practice.”

 

 

“How are you feeling?” Sehun brought Kai a glass of water. After returning home from the party the members all took rounds to watch over Kai until morning. Now he had a huge headache and nausea, but he was doing much better.

 

“Better, I guess.” Kai took the glass without opening his eyes.

 

“Do you feel like eating anything?” Baekhyun asked. He was sitting on the floor next to Kai’s bed.

 

“Don’t even mention the word food.” Kai grunted and turned to his side.

 

“Hey check this out.” D.O. walked in with his cellphone in hand. Suho and Chanyeol followed him. “Look like Hannah punched someone pretty hard in the face last night. I already received a couple of texts about it.”

 

“Who?” Suho asked.

 

“Minho, from SHINee.”

 

“Me too, me too! I got the texts too!” Sehun raised his hand. Chanyeol, who was the only one who knew the whole story, bit his lips. He knew Hannah had done so much for Kai and he wanted to tell the other members, but he had promised Lexx not to say a word to the others.

 

“So that freak finally lost it.” Kai chuckled.

 

“I knew Hannah had a temper, but not the point of attacking someone in public.” Baekhyun said.

 

“That’s Hannah for you.” Kai said. “I knew one day she would snap like that. I hope Minho is okay.”

 

“Kai, would you just shut your mouth?” Chanyeol started to get angry.

 

“What’s your problem?” Kai scowled at him. “Are you going to side with that maniac?”

 

“You don’t know anything.” Chanyeol shook his head. “So you should just stay quiet.”

 

“What is there to know?” Kai said. “I just said that Hannah is a crazy bi-“

 

“She did it for you, alright?!” Chanyeol finally exploded.

 

All the members’ eyes widened. Chanyeol rarely lost his temper, or even raise his voice. He and Suho were the composed ones of the group.

 

 

“That ‘maniac’ was the one that found you all drugged and freakin took care of you all night!” Chanyeol continued shouting at Kai. “Minho is the reason you were like that last night, and when she found out she lost her temper!”

 

“H-How was I supposed to know that?” Kai said softly.

 

“That’s right! You don’t know anything and you still go around saying whatever the hell you want!” Chanyeol scolded. “Hannah is paying the price for your carelessness and you are calling her a crazy ?! You can be a real piece of sometimes, Kai.” Then he walked away, slamming the door behind him.

 

“Jerk.” Baekhyun threw a pillow on Kai’s face and followed Chanyeol to the living room.

 

“I-I swear I didn’t know!” Kai said. “I’m serious!”

 

“Yeah, we know.” Suho ruffled Kai’s hair. “Go back to sleep. I’ll tell the manager you’re sick.”

 

“Take care!” Sehun smiled and skipped out of Kai’s room.

 

The only ones left in the bedroom were Kai and D.O.

 

“Dammit.” Kai pulled the covers over his face. “That stupid Hannah…what did she get herself into?”

 

“Kai, I think it’s time to stop this.” D.O. said. “This rivalry between G and K is really doing no good for either of us.”

 

“It’s not that easy.” Kai uncovered his eyes. “We just can’t stand each other!”

 

“Do we even try?”

 

“That’s not the point.”

 

“That’s exactly the point!” D.O. chuckled. “If we don’t try EXO will be over before we can even celebrate the anniversary of our debut.”

 

“You can do whatever you want. I can’t force myself to like someone.” Kai said stubbornly.

 

“Hannah took the fall for you last night. Are you saying you’re not even a little grateful for that?”

 

“I didn’t say that…” Kai murmured.

 

“I’m leaving. You do whatever you think is right.” D.O. got on his feet. “Get some rest okay?”