The Show

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

Yujin stared at her phone for the tenth time in the last five minutes.

 

He is not calling, Yujin. She told herself. You broke up with him, remember?

 

“Yujin, looking at your phone every five seconds won’t make Kyuhyun call you.” Kiko practically read Yujin’s mind. “Here’s a crazy thought: how about you call him?”

 

“I can’t!” Yujin hurled her phone at her bed. “It’s better this way. This is the only way I can keep him safe.”

 

“Kyuhyun is a grown man and I’m sure he can take care of himself.” Kiko said. “If you really love him you should be with him. There is nothing wrong with being a little selfish every once in a while.”

 

“We’re talking about someone’s life, Kiko.” Yujin said. “I can’t afford to be selfish right now! None of us can!”

 

“Listen to me.” Kiko placed her hands on Yujin’s shoulders. “You two broke up in the first place because you didn’t have enough faith in him to tell him what was going on between you an Taecyeon. Now you’re doing it again! Besides, you two are doing exactly what Taecyeon wants you to do. Don’t follow his rules, Yujin. Just don’t.”

 

“I just-“ Yujin tried to say but the ringing of her phone interrupted her.

 

“Hello?” She picked it up.

 

“Yujin.” The voice on the other line spoke.

 

Yujin’s blood went cold. The color vanished from her cheeks and her hands began trembling.

 

“Taecyeon?” Mouthed Kiko, noticing Yujin’s strange reaction. Yujin nodded and bit her lip.

 

“Yujin.” Taecyeon repeated.

 

“You get the hell out of my life, do you hear me?” Yujin snapped.

 

It wasn’t me.” Taecyeon kept talking. “I know you and your little gang think I was the one who sabotaged the stage and almost killed Kyuhyun, but it wasn’t me.”

 

“Why should I believe you?”

 

Do you think I would be stupid enough to pull something like that when there is the possibility of you getting hurt?” Taecyeon said, almost offended. “I do hate him and I would probably dance on his grave, but you’re are more important.”

 

“Stop pretending you care about me.” Yujin clenched her fists. “Just stay away from all of us!” Then she hung up.

 

“What did he want?” Kiko asked. “Did he confess his crime?”

 

“He said he didn’t do it.” Yujin shook her head. “He said that he wouldn’t do anything that would put my life at risk.”

 

“Don’t tell me you believe that crap, Yujin.”

 

“I don’t know.” Yujin sighed. “I’ve known Taecyeon for a very long time and I know how much of a bastard he is, but is he really capable of trying to kill someone?”

 

“No! I know what you’re doing and I won’t let you!” Kiko covered Yujin’s mouth with her hands.

 

“Doing what?!” Yujin pushed Kiko away.

 

“You’re trying to defend him! Like you do with everyone!” Kiko said. “He is a bad man and he does not deserve your forgiveness.”

 

“You can’t accuse him of doing something if you’re not even sure who the culprit is. I’m not siding with Taecyeon, okay? I’m just trying to think logically.”

 

“If you were thinking logically you would have returned to Kyuhyun a long time ago!” Kiko raised her voice.

 

“I just can’t, Kiko! Why don’t you get it?!” Yujin said just as loud.

 

“Fine!” Kiko turned her back on Yujin. “You stay here and be miserable if that makes happy. I’m outta here.” Then she walked out of the room and slammed the door behind her.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Kyuhyun?” Leeteuk snapped his fingers in front of the maknae. “Kyuhyun!”

 

“W-What?” Kyuhyun blinked several times, startled.

 

“What’s with you lately? You seem so out of it.” Leeteuk placed his hand and Kyuhyun’s forehead. “Are you feeling sick? Do you have a fever?”

 

“I’m fine.” Kyuhyun looked away from Leeteuk.

 

“He’s just acting all depressed because he doesn’t have the balls to go and get Yujin back.” Kangin suddenly materialized in the room. “It’s quite sad, actually.”

 

“Shut up, Kangin.” Kyuhyun just wanted to jump off a bridge. “I’m not in the mood.”

 

“If this is about Yujin then you should go talk to her. You’re her manager after all.” Leeteuk suggested. “I’m sorry if you’re having a hard time, but you can’t mix personal affairs with you job. It’s not professional.”

 

“She’s the one that dumped me, remember? There is no point in chasing after her anymore…”

 

“Wake up, you moron!” Kanging smacked the back of Kyuhyun’s head. “She’s feeling scared and vulnerable right now and pushing you away was the only thing she could think of to keep everyone safe. Your job is to go to her and let her know that you’re not afraid and that you can protect her!”

 

“Just leave me alone.” Kyuhyun begged. “What did you even came here for, Kangin? Just to annoy me?”

 

“Please, my world doesn’t revolve around you.” Kanging scoffed. “Since you’re one of the managers I thought you should know that the filming of the girls’ dating show was moved forward. They start shooting tomorrow.”

 

“Just perfect…” Kyuhyun face palmed himself. At this point he just wanted to disappear.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next morning the EXO-G were taken to the place where the variety show would be filmed. The production team chose a park next to the Han River, probably to create a more romantic atmosphere. The girls were all preparing in the dressing room when they received a very surprising news from the director.

 

“Live?!” Hannah gasped. “The show will be broadcasted live?!”

 

“Exactly.” The director smiled. “This way we will obtain a much more realistic reaction from all of you. It will definitely raise the ratings, too.”

 

“What if we mess up?” Lexx asked nervously. “This is our first show!”

 

“Don’t worry about it.” The director assured. “The scriptwriters in the front will help you along the way. Your “couples” will also guide you as you go.”

 

“This is crazy.” Jae muttered. “I’m already shaking.”

 

“Excuse me!” The director’s assistant peeked his head into the dressing room. “We begin shooting in five! The boys are already in position!”

 

“SHINee is already here, huh.” Kiko said.

 

“Lets focus, girls.” Yujin said. “As long as we all do out best the show will be a success. Don’t lose your confidence!”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Kiko, wait!” Hannah pulled Kiko aside as they were all heading to the main set. “Is it just me or you and Yujin aren’t speaking to each other?”

 

“Yeah.” Kiko muttered. “We had an argument yesterday while you went to see the boys.”

 

“What? Why?!”

 

“Never mind that. We will talk about it later.” Kiko said dismissively. “We have a show to shoot.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Guys! Guys!” Sehun rushed into the practice room with his laptop in hand. “Guess what!”

 

Suddenly he felt five dark shadows closing in on him.

 

“G-Guys?” He took a few steps back. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

“Oh my, Sehun is late…” Baekhyun crossed his arms.

 

“What a daring maknae.” Chanyeol added.

 

“You know how we deal with irresponsible punks, right?” D.O. cracked his knuckled menacingly.

 

“I have an excuse guys! I’m serious!” Sehun shielded his face with both arms and shut his eyes tightly.

 

“Speak. You have 5 seconds.” Suho ordered.

 

“I was talking to our managers!” Sehun said hastily. “Apparently EXO-G is shooting the show today!”

 

“Today? So soon?” Chanyeol frowned.

 

“Not only that!” Sehun added. “It will be a live broadcast.”

 

“LIVE?!” Baekhyun gasped. “When does it start?!”

 

“Like in a minute or so.” Sehun glanced at his watch. “That’s why I brought my laptop. That way we can watch it all-“

 

“And what the hell are you waiting for?!” Kai snatched the laptop from Sehun’s hands and pushed him away.

 

“Turn the damn thing on!” Baekhyun urged.

 

“Give me that thing!” Suho demanded.

 

“Don’t leave me out!” Sehun pouted and struggled to find a spot within the circle the other members had sat in around the laptop.

 

Six expectant pair of eyes observed attentively as the screen came to live.

 

“Just in time.” Kai said. “Looks like it is about to begin.”

 

The show began with a nice shot of the scenery with the Han River in the background. In the middle of a grass field, the host stood with his script in hand. Behind him there were ten empty chairs for the guest stars to sit in.

 

Good morning Korea!” The host spoke with an obviously rehearsed smile. “My name is Kang Hyun Sik and I will be the MC that will help ten young idols find their soul mate this same day!”

 

“Soul mate?!” Sehun shouted at the screen. “What is this guy talking about?!”

 

How about we begin by introducing our beautiful five young ladies, who not only took the industry by surprise with their debut song Invasion, but also sky rocketed to the top of the charts within this month!” The host announced. “Please welcome the hottest rookies of the year, EXO-G!”

 

The five girls walked in with a pretty smiled in their faces and bowing to the viewers as they took their place next to the host. The boys couldn’t help but notice that the stylysts had obviously opted for a ‘pretty flower girl’ concept. They were all wearing soft pastel colors and their make up was done in a princess style. They didn’t look like the usual EXO-G but they were definitely pretty.

 

Hello everyone!” They spoke at the same time. “We’re EXO-G!”

 

Woah!” The host acted surprised. “The set has become a thousand times brighter! How about you introduce yourselves individually so the viewers can get to know you?”

 

I am EXO-G’s leader and main vocalist, Yujin!” Yujin began. “Please take care of us!”

 

I’m Kiko, EXO-G’s main rapper.” Kiko smiled slightly. “It’s nice to be here today.”

 

“Is that a skirt?” Baekhyun practically hit his forehead with the laptop’s screen. “Why is she wearing a skirt?!”

 

“MOVE!” The others pulled Baekhyun back to his place.

 

Hi everyone! I’m the lovely Hannah!” Hannah winked playfully at the camera.

 

“What’s up!” Lexx made a V sign with both hands. “I’m EXO-G’s maknae and main dancer, Lexx!”

 

“My name is Jae.” Jae bowed her head politely. “I’m the group’s lead vocal.”

 

Aigoo~” The host clapped his hands. “Such pretty girls!”

 

The girls could only smile and nod to hide their growing bashfulness.

 

“What is it with the cute act?” Kai made a face. “They are NEVER that girly around us.”

 

“Of course they aren’t.” Suho replied without taking his eyes off the show. “This is all for the show. They have to act like that.”

 

“Now that we have introduced the five girls we should take a look at the gentlemen that they will be paired with.” The host read off his cards. Then, with the same enthusiasm he said:

 

Lets put our hands together for the five shinning boys of the hallyu world: SHINee!”

 

“OH HELL NO!” Baekhyun shouted as soon as he spotted Key walking in with a smile plastered in his face. He finally understood what he had told him back the hospital. Soon enough I’ll get my chance, Key had warned him.

 

Suho’s whole body tensed when the cameraman zoomed in on Jonghyun’s face.

 

“Are you serious?!” D.O. laughed out loud at the sudden outcome. “This is going to be SO good.”