Hospital

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

 

“How are you feeling?” Suho sat next to Jae. They were the only two people in the hospital’s waiting room. According to the hospital’s security, they had to keep celebrities isolated from the rest of the patients to avoid any accident.

 

“I’m okay.” Jae answered in a monotone. Her expression was unreadable and her dead-like eyes were fixed on the blank wall on the other side of the room. This is the first time Suho had ever seen Jae like that and he had no idea how to handle it. She looks so…vulnerable. Suho thought.

 

“Do you want me to get you anything? Something to eat? Or…?“ Suho offered, but Jae didn’t answered.

 

“At least take my jacket.” Suho slipped of his hoodie and wrapped it around Jae’s shoulders. “It’s ridiculously cold in here.”

 

“It wasn’t supposed to be like this…” Jae muttered.

 

“Huh?” Suho leaned closer to hear her more clearly.

 

“Things weren’t supposed to go this way.” Jae’s lower lip trembled.

 

“Jae, I-“

 

“Do you know how many times we collapsed because of exhaustion back in our trainee days? Do you know how much we all sacrificed for this group? Lexx barely goes to school anymore. Hannah was bullied out of her mind when she entered the company. Kiko didn’t even had time to mourn after her father’s death. And now Yujin…” Jae said as tears began to well up in her eyes. “But we thought it would all be worth it, you know? Not once we regretted the life we chose. But this…this isn’t what we signed up for. We were supposed to have a wonderful debut, performing and doing what we love the most.”

 

“Hey, hey.” Suho grabbed Jae’s chin gently and made her look into his own eyes. “Don’t speak like that ever again! Yujin, Lexx, and Kiko are going to be fine in no time.”

 

“Suho…” Jae sobbed. “How in the world did things turned out this way for us? We don’t deserve any of this…”

 

Suho observed as Jea fell apart right in front of his eyes. There were no traces of the strong and confident Jae that never cried in front of anyone. All that was left was a defenseless girl that was absolutely lost.

 

And it broke Suho’s heart. All he could do was burry her face in his chest and wrap his arms around her shaking body to at least try and make her feel safe.

 

“I promised I would protect you.” Suho rocked her back and forth softly. “And I will. You don’t have to worry anymore, Jae. I’m here now.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kiko had just finished talking to the police and was now heading back to her hospital room. The interrogation was pretty useless considering that she never had the chance to look at the attackers face. All she remembers before waking up in an ambulance was a black blur jumping at her.

 

She dragged her feet into her room and climbed her bed, careful not to touch her bruised cheek and the bump on her head.

 

“This …” She closed her eyes and sighed, trying to relax.

 

“How did the interrogation go?” Baekhyun walked into the room and closed the door. “Any idea who that man was?”

 

“Not really…” Kiko tried to remember any features that stood out from the man’s overall appearance. Nothing.

 

“Let me see if I get this straight.” Baekhyun suddenly said. “You ran after that man thinking you could fight him off, confronted him in actual physical battle, and not even once called for help just so you could end up in a freaking hospital without even knowing who the perpetrator was?”

 

“I see where you’re going with this, Baekhyun.” Kiko rubbed her temples. “I really don’t need any of this right now.”

 

“No, Kiko, this is exactly what you need.” Baekhyun was furious. “What do I have to do to make you understand that you are a girl, for crying out loud!”

 

“So what? What was I supposed to do, huh?” Kiko sat up. “Do you realize that if I hadn’t gone after him Kyuhyun would probably be dead right now?!”

 

“YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED FOR HELP!” Baekhyun practically shouted.

 

“I have to look after my members, Baekhyun.” Kiko tried to explain.

 

“Then who looks after you? It’s about time you start cherishing yourself.” Baekhyun said. “Do you have any idea how I felt when I saw you laying on the floor out cold?”

 

“I-“

 

“Don’t.” Baekhyun warned her, approaching to her bed. “You have no justification for what you did.”

 

Silence.

 

“Baekhyun.” Kiko said.

 

Silence.

 

“I’m sorry.” Kiko apologized. Baekhyun’s words where finally getting into her head. “I worried you and everyone else. Sorry.”

 

“It’s fine as long as you understand.” He finally gave in. “But-“ He suddenly lowered his face to Kiko’s level and planted the lightest peck in her upper lip. “-I’ll take that as a thank you gift, alright?”

 

Kiko sat on her bed, frozen. Baekhyun had just taken her first kiss and he didn’t even hesitated for a second. Her face stated to blush profusely.

 

“I-I, I mean…y-you just...” She stammered, trying to remember how to speak coherently.

 

“Now rest.” He said as if nothing had happened. “Oh and be careful. The hospital is swarming with paparazzi.”

 

Kiko stayed motionless.

 

“Sweet dreams.” Baekhyun winked and walked out of the room.

 

As he walked down the hallway a huge smile appeared on his lips. He was absolutely glowing.

 

“Yah!” Someone grabbed his shoulder. Baekhyun turned around to find a very agitated Sehun.

 

“What is it?” Baekhyun asked, trying to hide his smile.

 

“Have you seen Lexx?” Sehun’s puppy eyes appeared. “I can’t find her.”

 

“Chill, maknae.” Chanyeol spoke form behind Sehun. “She’s still being questioned by the police. Kanging and Donghae are with her.”

 

“Really?” Sehun exhaled. “I was worried for a moment. Thanks, hyung!”

 

“Yeah.” Chanyeol looked away, earning himself a weird look from Baekhyun.

 

“We should probably see how Kai and Hannah are doing.” Chanyeol cleared his throat. “I haven’t seen them in a while.”

 

“We’re right here.” Kai raised his hand. Hannah was following behind. Her eyes were still puffy from crying. “We just came from Yujin’s room.”

 

“How is she?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“She’s sleeping now. The doctors said that there aren’t any internal wounds so she should be just find. Only a few cut here and there. Kyuhyun is waiting for her to wake up.” Hannah explained.

 

“That’s a relief.” Sehun smiled.

 

“Guys! Guys!” D.O. came rushing into scene. “You’ve got to see this! Follow me!”

 

They exchanged glances, but still followed D.O. to the closest waiting room. Once there they bumped into Suho, who had Jae leaned on his shoulder.

 

“What’s going on?” Suho looked up.

 

“Just look.” D.O. climbed on a chair and the TV that hung in a corner. He turned the volume up and then stepped back for everyone to see.

 

On the screen, the inside of the Inkygayo studio was shown. The whole place was swarming with security guards and firefighters that were trying to fix the whole mess. The police was also there, questioning several staff members.

 

We are now in the Inkygayo studios, where a terrible incident took place around 6 A.M. this morning.” The female reported said to the camera. “What was supposed to be a quite rehearsal turned into a nightmare when one of the main spotlights apparently fell from the main beam into the stage, where the rookie group EXO-G and their managers where about to begin their practice. Unfortunately, we were informed that three of the five members were rushed to the hospital. The degree of their injuries is unknown.”

 

“Wow, they are fast…” Chanyeol scoffed.

 

The members of EXO-K were also present at the scene, but none of them were harmed during the incident.” The reporter added. “According to our sources, the staff was summoned to an emergency meeting when the light fell, explaining why none of them were aware of what was happening. The police also discovered the tools that were used to sabotage the stage, revealing that it was not a simple accident like the staff originally believed.”

 

“Damn.” Kai clenched his fists. “Do you think they will catch the guy?”

 

“No idea…” D.O. shook his head. Everyone fell quiet for a moment.

 

“You don’t think that the culprit could be-“ Sehun asked tentatively.

 

“Ok Taecyeon?” Baekhyun finished. “Of course I believe it was him. Didn’t you see how he practically threatened Yujin and Kyuhyun yesterday?”

 

“It wasn’t Teacyeon.” Lexx spoke. She had just arrived to the waiting room after being interrogated for at least two hours. “I know it.”

 

“Lexx!” Sehun ran to meet her. “Are you certain about it?”

 

“Mhm.” She nodded. “This guy was much smaller and not as muscular as Taecyeon.”

 

“Speaking of the devil…” Suho pointed at the TV screen. Everyone’s muscles tensed.

 

Several idols arrived at the studios a few minutes after EXO was rushed to the hospital. After much debate, it was decided that today’s show will be canceled to guarantee the celebrities’ well-being.” The camera shifted to a different reporter standing next to a familiar face. “Here I am with Ok Teacyeon of 2PM, one of the groups that were scheduled to performed tonight. Taecyeon, what are your thoughts on today’s disastrous event?”

 

I was very shocked when I heard the news.” Taecyeon said with a very concerned frown. “I am close with the girls involved in the incident and I am terribly worried about them. I’ve been calling the hospital non-stop to find about their health.”

 

“Oh my, you must be very troubled.” The reporter looked at him with eyes filled with sympathy.

 

“I’m sure we all are. It’s painful to see fellow idols get hurt like this.” Taecyeon nodded mournfully. Then he looked straight at the camera and said. “I hope the culprit gets caught and takes full responsibility for what he has done.”

 

“That’s bull!” Kai shouted at the screen. “Is people really buying that ’s innocent act?!”

 

“They don’t have a reason to believe otherwise.” Suho told him. “He’s the charismatic rapper of 2PM after all…”

 

“Didn’t you felt like he was talking to us during that interview.” Hannah shuddered. “It’s as if his eyes could penetrate through the screen.”

 

Jae nodded and leaned even closer to Suho, who tightened his grip around her shoulders.

 

“What if Taecyeon was the one who sent that guy to attack us?” Chanyeol rubbed his chin. “I highly doubt a celebrity like himself would risk his image for mere jealousy.”

 

Mere jelousy?” Hannah repeated almost offended. “More like psychopathic obsession!”

 

“Chanyeol is right.” Baekhyun said. “But we don’t have a way to prove anything.”

 

“For now we all stay away from anything 2PM related.” Suho ordered. “In fact, no one is allowed to wonder off alone during ANY public event. Stay in groups, got it?”

 

“Yes sir.” Everyone else replied.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yujin felt like the weight of the world had fallen on top of her. She had several sore spots and she could feel her brain banging against her skull. She fluttered her eyelids open and blinked a couple of times. She was taken aback by the fact that she had woken up in a hospital room.

 

With every once of energy left in her body she pulled herself into a sitting position.

“Yujin?” A familiar voice said, followed by the sound of steps approaching. “It’s me, Kyuhyun. How are you feeling?”

 

“Kyu…” Yujin said softly. For the first time in a long time she could see the warmth in her boyfriend’s eyes. Well, ex-boyfriend’s eyes. “H-How did I-“

 

“Get here?” Kyuhyun grinned. “We called an ambulance. You were rushed into the ER as soon as we got here. Thank God you managed to kind of avoid getting completely hit by the light.”

 

“Oh.” She mouthed. Now she remembered everything: the man, the light falling, and then Kyuhyun shouting her name over and over again.

 

“Yujin-“

 

“Don’t apologize.” Yujin stopped him. “It was my decision to push you away. Don’t make it sound like you’re sorry you weren’t hit.”

 

“After all I said to you yesterday you still-“ Kyuhyun paused. “…you still saved me.”

 

“I know.”

 

“You almost died.”

 

“I know.”

 

“When I saw you lying on the floor like that,” Kyuhyun’s voice trembled. “I felt as if the world had ended for me. If something had really happened to you I don’t think I would be strong enough to endure it.”

 

Yujin grabbed his hand. “You’re safe. That’s enough for me.”

 

“But it is not enough for me!” Kyuhyun pulled her in for a hug. “I want you by my side, Yujin. I don’t care about Taecyeon or anyone. I’ll keep you safe from everything.”

 

“Kyuhyun.” Yujin pushed him away. “Stop it.”

 

“What is it? Did I do something wrong?” Kyuhyun looked at her confused.

 

“I did safe you and I’m really glad you’re not hurt, but that doesn’t mean I’ll get back together with you.” She said without hesitation. “We’re better off this way.”

 

Kyuhyun fell quiet for a few seconds. “If that’s what you want I’ll do as you say, but just tell me one thing. Do you still have any feelings for me?”

 

“No.” Yujin replied instantly. “Now please go. I’m too tired for this right now.”

 

“Then rest.” Kyuhyun walked to the door. “I guess I’ll see you around the company then.” Then he opened the door and quietly walked out.

 

Yujin made sure the door was completely closed before breaking in sobs. Kyu, you’re safe this way, she thought.

 

“You know she’s lying, right?” Kyuhyun heard someone say as soon as he closed the door.

 

“Kangin.” Kyuhyun looked at his hyung. “You heard everything?”

 

“She still loves you and she probably left you to keep you safe.” Kanging ignored Kyuhyun’s question. “Please tell me you know at least that.”

 

“I do.”

 

“Then what are you waiting for?! Go after her!”

 

“How can I go after her, huh?!” Kyuhyun snapped. “I feel like a ing piece of scum right now! I wasn’t even strong enough to protect her and she ended up in here because of it!” Kyuhyun smashed his fist against the wall. “I…I need to get out of here for a moment.”

 

“You idiot…” Kanging shook his head. "Stop running away already.”