Past Memories

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

Hannah stayed behind in the practice room while the others left to enjoy the short free time they had. Yujin and Lexx insisted to stay with her, but Hannah just told them to go and have fun. She wanted to be alone.

 

After the room was completely empty she took her jacket off and the music to practice her dance moves.

 

She was moving way more aggressively than usual, and as she danced Kai’s words kept repeating over and over in her head.

 

You talentless brat…

 

The more she thought about it the harder she practiced and in matter of minutes her whole body was covered in sweat. This is just like my trainee days, she thought. Then the memories began to flood back.

 

How long are you planning to be so useless?” An older girl shoved her bag to the floor. A few other trainees laughed in the back.

 

“I-I’m sorry.” Hannah kneeled down to pick her belongings, but the girls stepped on top of her bag and refused to move her foot.

 

“She can’t sing very well and her dancing is mediocre. What was the president thinking?” Someone whispered.

 

“She’s only a pretty face. How pathetic.” Another one said.

 

“Please, just let me take my bag and leave.” Hannah begged. “I-I have vocal classes now…”

 

“What’s the point?” The girl stepping on her bag laughed out loud. “It’s not like you’re gonna get any better.”

 

Tears spilled from Hannah’s eyes as she tried to pull her bag harder.

 

“Aw, she’s crying!” Some guy mocked her.

 

“How annoying.”

 

The girl then kneeled until she was at the same level than Hannah’s face. She grabbed her by her hair and pulled her closer.

 

“It hurts!” Hannah whimpered.

“Look at me, you little .” The girl sneered. “Just spare us the inconvenience and get the hell out of this company. You’re nothing but trash.”

 

The others broke in laughter as if that girl had just told the funniest joke on earth.

 

“We have to go now.” The girl finally released Hannah’s bag. “We have to go and practice to actually improve, unlike you. Now get lost.”

 

Hannah got and her feet and sprinted towards and empty practice room. She locked herself in crawled to a corner. There, she cried for hours before, wishing she could just disappear.

 

Years later Hannah found herself in that same practice room she used to hide in. She wasn’t dancing anymore; she was simply staring at her own reflection.

 

“How pathetic, Hannah.” She told herself. “You are still the same useless girl as before. That Kai is right, you don’t have any talent.”

 

Then her phone vibrated in her pocket. She pulled it out and read the message on the screen.

 

To Hannah:

You promised, remember? Never again…

From: Anonymous

 

She clenched the phone and read the message over and over, trying to engrave those words in her brain.

 

“Never again, Hannah. No one will ever step on you like they did before. No one will make you feel worthless again.” She said. She wasn’t sure when she started crying, but once she did she couldn’t stop. She pressed her face against her hands and sat on the floor. Holding it in was just too much.

 

Kai observed her quietly through the small window of the practice room’s door. He glanced at his phone.

 

Message sent.

 

He snapped the screen shut, shoved the thing into his pocket, and then walked away. He was already late for his date with Hyunah.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Where are we even going?” Baekhyun asked as the group of four walked idly through the busy streets of Seoul.

 

“How about we go grab some lunch?” Jae suggested.

 

“It’s 10:00 a.m.” Suho pointed out.

 

“So what?” Jae said. “I’m hungry.”

 

Suho sighed. He had already come all this way, why not just do whatever she wanted?

 

“Pick a place.” He said. “Fast.”

 

As Jae thought of what place to go, Kiko grabbed Baekhyun’s shoulder and whispered into his ear:

 

“Hold on to my hand, okay? Make sure we don’t get separated.”

 

“H-Hold your hand? What are you going to do-AAAHHHHHHHH” Suddenly he felt how Kiko pulled him along as she sprinted full speed away from Suho and Jae.

 

Kiko didn’t stopped running until she and Baekhyun were at least three blocks from Jae and Suho.

 

“Are…you…crazy?” Baekhyun kneeled on the sidewalk, absolutely exhausted.

 

“I’m…just…being…a…good…friend.” Kiko said as she sat next to Beakhyun to catch her breath. “And put your shades on. The last thing we need is a bunch of fans swarming around you.”

 

“Thanks.” Baekhyun pulled his dark shades from his pocket and put them on. “What did you meant by being a good friend?”

 

“Jae wanted time alone with Suho so I gave it to her. Aren’t I nice?”

 

“You mean…Jae likes Suho?” Baekhyun’s jaw dropped.

 

“Wow, you are a bigger airhead than Hannah is.” Kiko shook her head. “And I know he likes her, too.”

 

“You think?”

 

“I’m sure of it.”

 

“I had no idea you were into this whole relationship kind of things.” Baekhyun said.

 

“That has nothing to do with me wanting Jae to be happy.” Kiko replied. “Relationships are not really my cup of tea.”

 

“You mean you have never been in a relationship before?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened.

 

“No.”

 

“Have you ever been on a date?”

 

“Are you trying to get somewhere with these questions, Baekhyun?” Kiko shot him a look.

 

“Oh man you haven’t, have you?!” Baekhyun tried to hold in his laughter.

 

“Shut up.” Kiko got on her feet and started walking away.

 

“Wait!” Bakehyun ran after her. “I’m not done talking!”

 

“What.” Kiko turned suddenly turned around. “You’re not done being a jerk?”

 

“Don’t be like that, innocent Kiko.” Baekhyun patter her head. “I’m just making conversation.” Kiko slapped his hand away.

 

“Don’t you ever pat my head again.” She warned.

 

“Does this mean that…I’m the first guy you’re alone with?” Baekhyun smiled a little.

 

“Don’t make such a big deal about it.” She took her phone out. “I’ll just call Kibum and tell him to come over.”

 

“Kibum? You mean Key?” Baekhyun’s heart stopped.

 

“Who else?” Kiko started going through her contact list. “It will just take a minute.”

 

“No!” Baekhyun snatched the phone from her hands.

 

“Okaaaay.” Kiko stared at him. “Are you going to tell me why the heck did you do that?”

 

“N-No reason.” Baekhyun said, flustered. “I just have a present for you.”

 

“Present?”

 

“I’ll give you your first date!” Baekhyun grabbed her shoulders. “You should be grateful.”

 

“You’re kidding me.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I swear!” Jae looked around desperately. “They were here five seconds ago.”

 

“So where are they now?” Suho asked.

 

“How should I know?”

 

Suho took a long suspicious glance at Jae. “Are you sure you didn’t planned this?”

 

“Plan what?”

 

“You know, for us to be left alone?”

 

“I’m sorry, but are you listening to yourself?” Jae scoffed, amused by Suho’s deduction.

 

“Hey, I am just thinking out loud.” Suho rolled his eyes. “So do you want to head back?”

 

“Why? I thought were going to go grab something to eat…” Jae’s face fell.

 

“So you did plan this.” He gave her a stuck up grin.

 

“I did not!” Jae fumed.

 

“Okay then.” Suho ran his fingers through his hair. “Lets just eat quickly and go back.”

 

“Okay!”

 

“But I pick wherever I want to eat.” Suho said.

 

“Sure. Your pick then.” Jae nodded.

 

“There.” Suho pointed without hesitation towards a small seafood restaurant. “We’re eating there.”

 

“S-Seafood?” Jae whispered. “But I-“

 

“I thought you said I was going to pick the restaurant.” Suho cut her off. “Are you complaining?”

 

“No! Of course not.” She mumbled. “Let’s go.”

 

Suho grabbed a menu as soon as they took a seat.

 

“I’ll have the seafood pasta, please.” He ordered. The waitress blushed as she took his order.

 

“E-Excuse me, but aren’t you Suho from EXO?” She giggled.

 

“You must be confused.” He laughed it off. “But I do get that a lot.”

 

“How silly of me.” The waitress blushed even more. “Why would Suho have lunch in a place like this.”

 

Jae cleared , annoyed.

 

“What can I get you?” The waitress turned to her.

 

“Do you have something in the menu that isn’t seafood?” She asked as she flipped through the pages of the menu.

 

“I’m afraid not.” The waitress said apologetically.

 

“Oh.” Jae sighed. “Then I’ll just have a glass of water.”

 

“Right away.” The waitress nodded and returned to the kitchen.

 

“Water? Seriously?” Suho said.

 

“I guess seafood is not my thing.” Jae shrugged.

 

“You sure are picky.” Suho shook his head. “So are you just gonna sit there and watch me eat?

 

“Yeah, I’ll be fine.” Jae nodded. “Don’t worry about it.”

 

“I’m not worried. I’m just thinking of why did you asked me to come with you if you are just going to complain about everything.” Suho folded his arms and looked out the window.

 

“I’m sorry. I had no idea you were going to pick this place so I-“

 

“You told me to pick a place so I did. Really, you even complain when I do as you tell me.” Suho snorted. “Do you even want to be here?”

 

“DO YOU?!” Jae snapped. Suho looked at her, startled.

 

“I’m trying so hard for you to notice my goddamn feeling but you don’t give a crap about how I feel!” She said. “I don’t know what kind of girls you’ve dated before, but I’m not one of those chicks that are willing to throw their pride at your feet.”

 

“Hey-“

 

“No! Now you listen to me.” Jae interrupted him. “It took all my courage to go to you and confess. If you think it’s funny watching me try my best for you then I’m out.” She threw her napkin over her plate and pushed the chair back.

 

“Here is you water, miss.” The waitress placed the glass on the table. “Are you sure you don’t want anything from the menu?”

 

“No thanks.” She glared at Suho. “I’m sure the food is delicious, but I’m allergic to seafood.”

 

“You are what?” Suho grabbed Jae’s wrist.

 

“See you around, Suho.” Jae pulled away from him, threw her shades on, and left the restaurant with her head up high.

 

“Damnit…” Suho mumbled as he watched her walk away. “Waitress, cancel my order please!”

 

Jae stormed through the streets of Seoul with an angry scowl in her face.

 

“Jae?” Someone called her name, but she couldn’t listen. “JAE!”

 

This time she did heard, but she just kept walking without even bothering to look who it was.

 

“Hey! Listen to me when I’m calling!” Suho ran after her.

 

“Why should I, huh?” She turned around abruptly to face him. “When have you stopped to listen to what I have to say?”

 

“I’m sorry, okay?” He looked at her straight in the eyes.

 

“No you’re not. ” Jae averted her head, but Suho grabbed her chin gently and made her look back into his eyes.

 

“I am.” He said. “I swear.”

 

“Don’t lie to me!” Jae pushed Suho away from her and turned around. Suho noticed her shoulders were shaking slightly. His chest instantly felt a hundred times heavier.

 

“Jae…” He reached out for her. “Are you crying?” But Jae didn’t react. She just stood there.

 

“Hey, don’t be like this.” He said in a soft, comforting tone. “Look at me, alright?”

 

Then he grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her body around so once more she would be facing her. But to his surprise, Jae wasn’t really crying.

 

“HAHAHAHA.” Jae laughed hysterically as she threw her head back. “You should’ve listened to yourself!”

 

“W-What?” Suho took a step back, feeling completely embarrassed.

 

“O-Oh gosh.” Jae clutched her stomach and wiped a few tears from her eyes. “Are you crying? PRICELESS!”

 

“You were just…pretending?” Suho’s anger began to show on his face. Colour flooded his cheeks completely. “You-“

 

“You deserved it.” Jae said as she fixed her hair, which had coiled up because of so much laughter. “You really did act like a jerk.”

 

“I’m leaving.” He said with his jaw clenched.

 

“Hey!” Jae grabbed his hand before he could leave. “If it helps, I really meant what I said back there. I’m trying, Suho. I really am.”

 

Suho stared at her quietly. He knew how much of an he had been in the past few hours, but it was only to see if she would remain true to her words even after that. It is only natural that Jae would get mad at him. Then, why is she laughing and joking? Did she really care?

 

“Why aren’t you angry?” He asked with a frown.

 

“Trust me, you don’t want to see me angry.” Jae joked.

 

“You haven’t answered my question.” Suho said, without a single trace of humor in his face.

 

“I said I liked you.” She replied, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “I was prepared to handle all your jerk-ness from the beginning. You don’t give up on people you like, you know?”

 

Suho didn’t know what to say next. As he thought of an answer, he noticed Jae was still grasping his hand firmly.

 

“You’re still holding my hand.” He said.

 

“Oh, sorry…” She smiled and let go of Suho. “There is still some time before we have to head back. Wanna walk around for a bit?”

 

“Sure, whatever.” Suho replied quietly. Then he extended his hand towards Jae.

 

“What is it?” She eyed him curiously.

 

“Who said you could let go of me?” He asked with a slight blush on his cheeks.

 

“My bad.” Jae beamed as she interlocked fingers with Suho for the first time.

 

“And by the way, I’m really allergic to seafood. Pick a seafood place again and I might just eat the fish on purpose.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Maknae.” D.O. snapped his fingers in front of Sehun’s face without any response. “MAKNAE!”

 

“Yes!” Sehun jumped, startled. “W-What is it?”

 

The three of them went back to their dorm since they didn’t had any plans. They simple hung at their living room, watching whatever they found on T.V.

 

“What is it with you?” Chanyeol wrapped his arms around the kid’s neck. “Your gloomy attitude is pissing me off.”

 

“Yeah, sorry.” Sehun sighted, ten times gloomier than before.

 

“Is something wrong between Lexx and you?” D.O. asked casually.

 

“Yeah, she cancelled our plans for tomorrow.” Sehun rubbed his neck. Then his eyes opened wide. “Wait. How do you know about Lexx?!”

 

“Give me some credit, kid.” D.O. chuckled. “You two are so obvious. It's almost fun to watch.”

 

“Oh…” Sehun blushed.

 

“So why did she cancelled?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“She said she had plans with some other dude.” Sehun explained.

 

“I’m sorry, man.” D.O. patted Sehun’s head.

 

“Are you sure that’s the whole story?” Chanyeol said pensively. “Lexx is not the type of girl that will lead you on only to dump you for another guy.”

 

“But she did, okay?!” Sehun shouted.

 

“I have an idea.” D.O. sneered. “How about we have some fun after practice tomorrow?”

 

“What kind of fun?” Sehun was a little afraid of his hyung’s plans.

 

“You know, the usual lets-follow-Lexx-to-her-date kind of fun.” Chanyeol winked at D.O., understanding the plan completely.

 

“I-I don’t know, guys.” Sehun said. “It doesn’t sound right.”

 

“Stop it with the innocent act and man up!” Chenyeol tackled Sehun from behind and trapped him in a headlock. “This is your girl we’re talking about!”

 

“Yeah, besides I’m getting bored lately. My girlfriend is so busy promoting that she doesn’t have any time for me.” D.O. whined.

 

“It’s settled then! After practice tomorrow we will wait for Lexx and then follow her and mystery man to wherever they’re going.”

 

“If this goes wrong and Lexx ends up hating me I’ll hold you two responsible.” Sehun threw a pillow on Chanyeol’s face and disappeared into his room.

 

“Are you sure about this, Chanyeol?” D.O. asked as soon as Sehun was gone.

 

“About what?”

 

“Don’t act all stupid on me. I’m talking about helping Sehun get together with Lexx.” D.O. turned of the T.V. “Especially when you like her too.”

 

“You are pretty sharp, D.O.” Chanyeol chuckled. “I really underestimated you.”

 

“Answer me, dude.”

 

“I guess I kind of like her.” Chanyeol shrugged. “But I think Sehun has some genuine feelings for her. I can’t exactly fight for her with these half-assed feelings of mine. It wouldn’t be fair for Sehun.”

 

“Are you sure?” D.O. raised an eyebrow.

 

“Yeah.” Chanyeol nodded. “But if he does something stupid, I can’t promise I’ll just sit on my hands and do nothing. I might just steal her away.”

 

“You’re one scary fella.” D.O. scoffed. “I’m glad we’re friends and not enemies.”

 

“You should be.” Chanyeol snatched the remote from D.O. and turned the T.V. back on.