Dinner

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

“…and then I told him those SNSD’s stage outfits, not ours!” Baekhyun laughed out loud as he shared one of Chanyeol’s most embarrassing stories.

 

“You’re just lucky that he’s not here.” Tao shook his head as the others suffocated in their own laughing.

 

“I really missed this.” Chen smiled his cute smile. “I wished we had more opportunities to come to Korea.”

 

“Speaking of that…” Luhan checked the time on his watch. “The girls are late.”

 

“They are girls.” Xiu Min opened another can of beer and took a sip. “They are always late.”

 

As if on cue, four girls walked into the restaurant.

 

“Hello!” Yujin greeted first. “Sorry about the time.”

 

“Yeah.” Kiko snorted. “The crowd of fans out there is no joke.”

 

“No worries, no worries.” Lay said in a heavily accented Korean. “The food isn’t here yet.”

 

“Take a seat.” Luhan told them.

 

Jae sat next to Suho without any hesitation, which earned her a few sly glances from the rest of the guys. Hannah sat next to Luhan (no surprise there) and Yujin took a seat at the head of the table.

 

“Here, Kiko” Baekhyun pulled out the chair next to he’s.

 

“Hey! You told me I couldn’t seat there because the chair was broken! How come she-“ Tao complained, but he was stopped by a piece of bread that Suho shoved into his mouth.

 

“Thanks.” Kiko took the seat without thinking too much about it.

 

“You’re wearing it.” Baekhyun noticed the white leather jacket that Kiko was wearing.

 

“Yeah, it isn’t too shabby.” She shrugged with a snotty smile.

 

“You love it, admit it.”

 

“I kinda do.” Kiko gave in.

 

On the other side of the table, things weren’t going as great.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” Luhan stared at Hannah’s face. “You seem a little down.”

 

“You told him!” She hissed at him. “You told Kai about my miserable days as a trainee.”

 

“So?” Luhan shrugged.

 

“SO?!” Hannah repeated. “Who told you you could go around telling people whatever you want? Especially to Kai!”

 

“You never told me it was a secret.” Luhan told her. “And I don’t see what’s wrong with telling Kai. He’s your member. You shouldn’t keep secrets like that from your members.”

 

“Still!” Hannah huffed. “You shouldn’t have…”

 

“Hannah, you know I love you and everything, but you have to learn to open up to others.” Luhan advised her. “Stop it with the whole I’m-better-than-the-rest-of-you attitude when you’re with EXO or else you’ll never get close to anyone.”

 

“Excuse you, but I do NOT act like that with you guys.” Hannah was offended.

 

Luhan stared at her blankly.

 

“Okay, fine. Maybe I do.” She sighed. “So what? I promised that no one would ever step on me again. You know that story better than anyone.”

 

“I know, but that doesn’t mean you have to reject any of the guys that try to approach you. Accept the help from those who are offering it.”

 

Hannah stayed quiet.

 

“And by the way.” Luhan leaned closer to Hannah. “Kai’s creepy glances are getting on my nerves.”

 

Hannah raised her eyes and scanned the table for Kai, who was seating on the opposite side and about three seats to her right. Sure enough, Kai was “discreetly” looking at her with an unreadable look in his eyes, but as soon as their eyes met he averted his head to the opposite direction.

 

“Either you go and talk to him or I’ll do it myself.” Luhan told her.

 

“Fine, fine!” Hannah slapped him in the arm. “But after dinner.”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise.”

 

Then Hannah’s phone rung in her purse.

 

“Hello?” She answered. Luhan had already turned to Chen, who was sitting on the other side of him.

 

What’s up!” A cheerful voice replied. “It’s me!”

 

Nicole!” Hannah smiled. “How are you?”

 

“I’m great! I just finished recording at the studio.” Nicole said. “I saw your missed call. Is everything alright?”

 

“Everything’s fine. I was just calling to see how you’ve been up to lately.” Then Hannah lowered her voice. “Are you still filming that drama you talked to me about or…?

 

Love Season? Of course I am, silly!” Nicole laughed. “This is my first time in a drama, not to mention my first time being the female role! Can you imagine that? Me as the lead? I can’t wait till the airing of the first episode!”

 

“Yeah, how silly of me.” Hannah said. I knew there was something weird going on. “Oh, and by any chance is Hyunah your co-star?”

 

Hyunah?” Nicole was taken back. “As in 4minute?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Not that I know of…” Nicole said. “I haven’t even seen her as a cameo. Why are you asking so suddenly?”

 

That cunning little-

 

“No reason! Just wondering.” Hannah reassured her. “Hey Nicole I really have to go now, okay? Text me whenever you have some time!”

 

You too! Bye-bye~

 

“Bye~”

 

Looks like her personality isn’t the only fake thing about that Hyunah. Maybe I should have that talk with Kai…

 

As they all chatted comfortably, a roar of fan-girls screams flooded the whole restaurant. The EXO members all turned to see what the huge commotion was.

 

“What’s up!” Sehun waved his arms at the other members as he walked into the restaurant. Chanyeol and D.O. followed behind.

 

“You’re late guys.” Kris said.

 

“Yeah sorry about that. We were busy stalking…I mean, walking around Seoul for a while.” D.O. lied. “But hey! We brought some company!”

 

The three stepped aside to reveal SHINee’s Kay and Jonghyun smiling broadly. Taemin was a few feet behind the other two. His “cute mask” was off and he just wore a scowl on his face.

 

“Hey.” Jonghyun nodded casually.

 

“Goon evening, everybody.” Key waved. Then he grabbed Taemin by the neck and pushed him forward. “Greet them, you little punk.”

 

“Hi.” Taemin said unwillingly.

 

“Since it has been a while since we haven’t seen the SHINee sumbaes I thought it would be fun to invite them.” Chanyeol said.

 

“I’m out of here.” Taemin glared at Chanyeol. “You promised there would be nice girls.”

 

“And what are they?” Sehun pointed at Hannah, Kiko, Jae, and Yujin.

 

“He promised nice ones.” Taemin answered. “I’m out.”

 

“That brat!” Jonghyun pulled on his hair. “I swear that one of these days I’ll teach him some manners with my fists.”

 

“Let it go.” Yujin laughed. “We’re all used to it now.”

 

“Move aside, boys. The real idol just arrived.” Kay joked as he made his way towards the table. To Kiko, more specifically.

 

“You!” He flicked her forehead. “I called you like three times today! Why aren’t you answering your stupid phone?!”

 

“Calm down, diva.” Kiko grabbed Key’s finger and pushed it away from her face. “We talked yesterday for about three hours, didn’t we?”

Three hours?! Baekhyun jaw’s dropped. WHY?!

 

“Okay I forgive you. But just this once.” Key threw his arms around Kiko’s neck. “Baekhyun? If you want to carve a hole on a table maybe you should do it in your own house.”

 

“W-What?” Baekhyun noticed the fork that he had been unconsciously using to stab the wood in front of him. He dropped it and laughed awkwardly. “Sorry, haha. How stupid of me…”

 

“Weirdo.” Kiko smirked at him.

 

God, just kill me now Baekhyun wished.

 

“Hey bro, how about you move one seat so I can seat next to Kiko?” Key winked at Beakhyun. “Pretty please?”

 

“Do whatever you want.” Baekhyun grunted. “Let me move my out of this chair so you can have the stupid seat. Want me to bring you two a bottle of champagne while I’m at it?!”

 

“Seriously?!” Key gasped. “That would be awesome man!”

 

At the point Baekhyun just wanted to pick his fork again and stab Key in the face.

 

Jonghyun had also found a nice place to seat next to Jae. Suho was seating on her other side, eyeing the two suspiciously.

 

“So how are things going in love land?” Jonghyun teased Jae in a hushed voice. “When you told me you had confessed to him I almost peed on myself. Literally.”

 

“It’s fine, I guess…” Jae shrugged.

 

Fine?” Jonghyun echoed. “You’re telling me I missed my favorite drama and came all the way to this restaurant for a stupid ‘fine’?”

 

“Sorry to disappoint you but what were you expecting?” Jae said. “It’s Suho after all. He isn’t the PDA type of man.”

 

“Oh Jae, Jae. So cute and naïve.” Jonghyun patted her shoulder sympathetically. “PDA are the only type of men in the world. He just needs a little push.“

 

“Push?” Jae looked at him quizzically. “What push?”

 

“And that, my sweet Jae, is the reason you have me as your best friend.” Jonghyun said mischievously. “Are you ready to have Suho wrapped around your little finger?”

 

“I’d like to see you try.” Jae scoffed.

 

“Watch and learn.” Jonghyun cleared his throat. “Jae, your hair is so pretty tonight.” He complimented loud enough for certain someone to listen. Jonghyun chuckled as he noticed Suho’s eyebrows twitching.

 

“You think?” Jae tilted her head, playing along. It took all her strength not to laugh at Jonghyun going into full player mode.

 

“You think I would lie to you?” He spoke in a very suave voice. Then he leaned his body closer to Jae and rested his arm on the backrest of her chair. With the other hand he began to the back of hers. “The only thing softer than your hair is your skin.”

 

“What are you two doing?” Suho finally showed some type of response.

 

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun asked innocently.

 

“We’re in a restaurant, okay? How about you keep your hands to yourself?” Suho asked, trying to stay calm.

 

“Jae, am I making you uncomfortable?” Jonghyun practically purred into Jae’s ear.

 

“Aren’t we always like this?” Jae giggled. “I stopped feeling uncomfortable a long time ago.”

 

“I feel the same.” Jonghyun agreed. “See? She doesn’t mind.”

 

“But I do.” Suho pushed Jonghyun’s arm off Jae’s chair and pulled her closer to himself. “And stay there.” He told her.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because.” He answered.

 

“Are you angry?”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes you are.”

 

“Just stay right there, okay?” Suho said, exasperated. “If Jonghyun has such a strong need to touch someone he can just touch himself.”

 

Jae turned to Jonghyun and smiled. You genius playboy.

 

Jonghyun raised his chin proudly, as if he could hear what Jae was thinking. “The rest is up to you.” He added.

 

“Food is here!” Sehun’s eyes glimmered as a couple of waitresses arrived with enough pizza to feed a small town.

 

“They have a shrimp pizza special tonight.” Chen told the girls. “We went ahead and ordered around twenty.”

 

“This is so not in my diet.” Hannah bit her lower lip.

 

“Shrimp?” Yujin looked at the others. “Jae can’t eat this. She’s allergic to seafood.”

 

“You guys can’t even do such a simple thing like ordering something everyone can eat?” Kiko frowned.

 

“Seriously?! I had no idea.” Chen said apologetically. “I’m sorry…”

 

“Jae, want me to go and get you something else?” Jonghyun asked her. “I’ll be back in a sec.”

 

“Don’t.” Suho smirked. “I already took care of it.”

 

A waitress approached Suho and handed him a kiddy-size cheese pizza of four slices.

 

“We weren’t supposed to serve anything other than the shrimp pizza tonight.” The waitress said. “But for you I managed to make an exception.”

 

“I am very thankful.” Suho smiled the kind smile he only showed to fans. “I’ll definitely come here more often.”

“Yes~” The waitress blushed and walked away.

 

“Here.” Suho pushed the plate towards Jae. “Eat.”

 

“You remembered…” Jae looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“How am I supposed to forget something like your allergy?” Suho smiled.

 

“Thank you.” Jae was touched. “You’re the best.”

 

“I know.”

 

“Am I the only one that feels like a third wheel on this table?” D.O. asked out loud.

 

“I know.” Tao agreed. “Which is odd considering that we are a group of seventeen.”

 

Except for Baekhyun murderous glares towards Key, the rest of the night went smoothly. When it was time to pay, the guys offered to pay the whole meal for the girls. Tired and with a full stomach, they all got up from their seats and started to make their way to the exit.

 

“Kai, wait.” Hannah stayed behind the rest of the crowd so she could talk with Kai.

 

“What is it?” He answered uncomfortably. He couldn’t even look at Hannah in the eyes.

 

“First of all, I want you to know that I still think you’re conceited jerk and that Hyunah is brainless chick with a huge attitude problem.” Hannah said. Kai opened his mouth to say something but Hannah kept talking. “But I was also kind of a jerk. Not that you didn’t deserved it.”

 

“Is this your apology? Cause’ it .” Kai scoffed.

 

“Shut up and listen!” Hannah stomped her feet.

 

“I’m all ears.” Kai folded his arms.

 

“You didn’t do anything wrong so, um, I-“ Hannah tried to pronounced those words he never thought she would say to Kai. “I-I’m sorry.”

 

“Woah.” Kai raised an eyebrow. “I was beginning to think that you didn’t knew the meaning of those words.”

 

“I’m not done.” Hannah said.

 

“There’s more? Tonight sure is full of surprises….”

 

“Again, what I am about to say it is not out of concern for you. I just don’t like seeing some idiot getting played.” Hannah said.

 

“It’s weird how this is sounding less like an apology and more like an insult with every word you say.”

 

“Hyunah is lying to you.” Hannah finally said.

 

“Pardon?”

 

“She isn’t the lead in any stupid drama, okay? She is just using that as an excuse so she can stick to you whenever she feels like it. All those “practices” you two have were only a set up.”

 

“You’re saying that she made it all up? Everything?”

 

“That’s right.”

 

“Unbelievable…” Kai sighed with disbelief. 

 

“You don’t have to thank me. I’m nice like that.” Hannah smiled cheekily.

 

“I meant you, Hannah. You’re unbelievable!” Kai snapped. “I know you hate her and all, but talking trash about her? That’s low.”

 

Hannah couldn’t believe her ears. She had gone through the trouble to find out about Hyunah’s plan and Kai thought that she was the liar?

 

“Wake up!” Hannah snapped her fingers in front of him. “She is USING you, Kai!”

 

“Just stop it.” Kai lowered his voice. “That’s enough. Hyunah may not be the nicest girl around, but she wouldn’t make up something like that. She sincerely asked for my help.”

 

“I tried to warn you.” Hannah looked at him with disappointed eyes. “But I guess you only get played like an idiot because you are one. Good luck with that practice for her imaginary drama.”

 

“Thanks, but I don’t need it.” Kai spun around and walked away fursiously.

 

“Why can’t you just believe me, Kai?” Hannah whispered as she saw him leaving. “I am your group member. What is she?”