Debut II

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

“Oh. My. God.” Lexx sat on the dressing room couch with a blank stare. “THAT WAS AMAZING!”

 

Jae was sitting next to her equally dazed. “It just seems so…unreal. We actually debuted.” She said, trying to convince herself of what had just happened. Her eyes were still a bit red from crying right after they finished their song.

 

“This is it. I’m officially the prettiest idol in the industry.” Hannah smiled conceitedly. “You girls better work hard so you won’t be too out staged by me.”

 

“We only had one presentation and you’re already acting like a complete diva?” Kiko snorted while drying a few drops of sweat off her temples.

 

“Girl, please. I was born a diva.” Hannah laughed.

 

“I still can’t believe it.” Yujin slapped both of her cheeks. Her eyes were getting all watery again. “We finally did it.”

 

“GIRLS!” Kangin, Donghae, and Kyuhyun came running into the dressing room, almost knocking the door down in the process. Kangin had a bottle of champagne in his hands while Donghae and Kyuhyun carried beautiful flowers.

 

“I am so proud.” Kyuhyun walked straight to Yujin and kissed her on the cheek.

 

“You six totally rocked the stage tonight!” Donghae placed the flowers on top of the coffee table. “I haven’t seen such a great debut ever since, well, Super Junior’s.”

 

“This calls for a toast. I don’t give a whether you’re minors or not, we are ALL drinking.” Kangin popped the champagne open and the white foam cascaded from the bottle. They each grabbed a glass and the managers proceeded to fill them up.

 

“To my six girls.” Kangin raised his glass. “That EXO can one day stand at the top of the kpop world right next to Super Junior.”

 

“Cheers!” Everyone shouted together as tears of joy began to flow. This was finally the beginning of EXO-G.

 

As they all celebrated and laughed together, there was a knock on the door.

 

“Yes?” Yujin answered with a goofy grin on her face.

 

“Excuse me, I have a delivery for-“ The delivery man read his clipboard. “Yu?”

 

“That’s me, I guess.” Yujin took the clipboard from the man’s hands and signed her name and then handed it back. “But where is the delivery?”

 

“Just a moment.” The man smiled at her and then called over his shoulder. “This way, please!” Moments later, four men walked into the dressing room with a flower arrangement twice as tall as Yujin. As the men dropped the delivery inside, the other members and the managers stared in awe.

 

“What the-“ Hannah stomped her foot and shot a look at Kyuhyun. “How come she gets such a big arrangement?”

 

“It wasn’t me.” He answered flatly, his eyes darkening.

 

“This is seriously pretty!” Lexx admired the present. “Who is it from? The President?”

 

“Here is the card.” Kiko took the red envelope that was attached to the flowers and read. “To Yu, from Taecyeon.” When Kiko realized what she had read out loud she covered . “Oh .”

 

An uncomfortable atmosphere took over the room, which suddenly seemed three times smaller than before. Yujin was turning paler every second and there were no traces of the smile she had minutes ago. She glanced at her boyfriend, not quite sure of what to say.

 

“Well this is awkward.” Jae said carelessly. Lex pinched her arm with enough strength to shut her up.

 

“Kyu, I-“ Yujin spoke. “I swear I had nothing to do with this.”

 

Kyuhyun’s jaw was clenched. Everyone could tell he was not sure of how to react.

 

“Yeah, man. Don’t freak out.” Donghae patted Kyuhyun’s back. “He did it on his own free will.”

 

“Wipe that guilty look off your face, sweetie.” Hannah told Yujin. “You have absolutely no fault in this. Have some pride.”

 

“Maybe we should give them some time.” Lexx suggested. “I have to go and call my parents anyway. I have like a thousand missed calls.”

 

“Yeah, the kid is right.” Donghae nodded. “Lets go.”

 

The girls gave Yujin one last encouraging nod before leaving.

 

“I don’t blame you for this.” Kyuhyun said as soon as they were left alone. “But you can’t blame me either for being so pissed.”

 

“I know.” Yujin told him. “I hate him as much as you do but-“

 

“Don’t” Kyuhyun suddenly sprinted forward and placed a finger on her lips. “Don’t say you hate him.”

 

“Huh? But I really-“

 

“Please, Yujin.” Kyuhyun said with pleading eyes. “Don’t let him get into your head. Just erase him from your thoughts. That’s all I want.”

 

“What are you saying? I already told you I don’t love him.” Yujin insisted.

 

“I know what you said.” Kyuhyun said in a miserable tone. “But I also know that ‘love’ is not that different from ‘hate’.”

 

Yujin understood now what Kyuhyun wanted to say. The reason why she found it so easy to hate Taecyeon is because she had loved him before.

 

“I won’t come to love him, Kyuhyun. Not ever.” She promised. “You’ve got to trust me on this one.”

 

“Of course I trust you!” Kyuhyun grabbed one of Yujins hands. “It’s him I don’t trust. The way he looks at you…it sickens me.”

 

“It’s okay, idiot.” Yujin smiled. “If it makes you sick to look at him then you just have to keep looking at me only.”

 

“You’re so cheesy.” Kyuhyun pulled her in for a hug. “I love it.”

 

==========================================================================

 

“So?” Hannah asked quietly. “Did everything go smoothly?”

 

Kiko, who had an ear stuck to the door, made a face. “Ugh, their sweet talk is making me diabetic.”

 

“I think it’s romantic.” Lexx blushed. She was kneeled next to the door, right next to Kiko.

 

“Oh Lexx, you’re still such a toddler.” Jae ruffled the maknae’s hair.

 

“Hey watch it!” Lexx slapped the hand away. “It took years to get my hair done.”

 

“What are you guys doing?” Someone approached the girls without them noticing. They all jumped back, startled.

 

“Taemin!” Lexx exclaimed. “We were, um, you know-“

 

“Eavesdropping?” Tamin smirked.

 

“If you know then why do you ask?” Hannah rolled her eyes.

 

“Whatever, it’s not my business.” Taemin shrugged. “I just came to say congrats and all that.”

 

“Gee, thanks.” Kiko snorted. “I can feel your sincerity from miles away.”

 

“I’m just doing what Onew told me to do.” He turned around. “Oh, Kiko and Jae,”

 

“Yes?” Both girls looked up.

 

“Key and Jonghyun are desperately looking for you.” He said before disappearing around the corner.

 

“Oh, right! I promised Jonghyun I would go see him when I was finished. And Sooyoung!” Jae remembered. “Maybe I’ll go see Suho on my way there.”

 

“Yeah, you go see your boyfriend.” Hannah teased. Jae didn’t pay much attention to the comment and just went her way.

 

“Should I go see Sehun or something? You know, just to be polite.” Lexx asked.

 

“Sehun? What about Chanyeol?” Hannah smiled mischievously at her friend.

 

“Sehun probably seduced her with that good luck kiss he gave her right before the performance.” Kiko added to the fire.

 

“Shut up, okay?!” Lexx flushed and then ran away.

 

“So…” Hannah turned to Kiko. “Are you going to go find Key?”

 

“Why not.” Kiko shrugged. “We still have a couple of hours before we leave. I might as well call my mom, too.”

 

“Go then.” Hannah waved. “Don’t leave me alone for too long…”

 

===========================================================================

 

“JAE!” Jonghyun ran to his friend and wrapped his arms around her waist, swiping her off her feet. “I’m so proud!”

 

“I get it, I get it!” Jae laughed. “Put me down!”

 

“I’m serious!” Jonghyun smiled as he put her back on the floor. “It was brilliant! You really know how to sing, after all.”

 

“Idiot.” Jae punched him playfully. Then she noticed Jonghyun looking over her shoulder.

 

“Suho.” He nodded. “What’s up?”

 

“Hey.” He said, not too happy.

 

“Oh, hey!” Jae turned around. “I was just about to go see you.”

 

Yeah, that’s exactly what it looks like, he thought.

 

“Why?” He said instead. “I’m not your dad. You don’t have to report everything back to me.”

 

“I thought we were friends now.” Jae looked confused.

 

“When did I say that?” Suho replied coldly.

 

“I guess you didn’t.” Jae mumbled.

 

“Hey, don’t be like that to her.” Jonghyun interfered. “She is just being nice to you.”

 

“Nah, I don’t mind.” Jae shrugged. “Just let it go, Jonghyun.”

 

“Tch.” Suho shoved his hands in his pockets and then left the two alone in the hallway. Jae gave him one last look before turning her attention back to Jonghyun.

 

And I thought we could really get closer this time…

 

==========================================================================

 

Lexx walked around the backstage as she looked for Sehun and Chanyeol. She thought this was the perfect chance to fix things up and maybe, just maybe, befriend both of them. She touched her forehead as she remembered how Sehun had kissed her right before the show. Once again, her face was flushed.

 

She was about to give up and return to her dressing room when she finally spotted EXO-K’s maknae talking with Kai. However, the boys were not alone.

 

“Did I look cute tonight?” Hyuna, from 4minute, asked in a disgustingly ‘cutesy’ voice. She was holding on to Kai’s forearm as he struggled to drink water from his bottle. “Oppa! Don’t ignore me!”

 

“Hyuna, stop it with the ‘oppa’ thing.” He told her. “You’re older than me.”

 

“Aish.” Hyuna bit her lower lip.

 

“Yes, Hyuna. You’re bothering him.” Sohyun, also from 4minute, giggled. “But I’m not like that, right Sehun?”

 

“Yeah, sure.” Sehun nodded, more concentrated in the sandwich he was eating than on the beautiful girl than was all over him.

 

Lexx stood there, frozen. She didn’t know whether to go ahead with her initial plan or simply turn back. She clenched her fist as she saw Sohyun getting closer and closer to Sehun.

 

“Seems like someone got ahead from you.” Hannah appeared out of nowhere.

“Ugh, could they look any more desperate? That Hyuna girl makes me want to slap her.”

 

“Are you jealous?” Lexx asked Hannah.

 

“Please. I don’t get jealous; I make others jealous.” Hannah flipped her hair. “Are you?”

 

“No!” Lexx blurted out. “It’s really none of my business. Lets just go back.”

 

“Don’t be silly, kid. We’re idols now. If you want to go and talk to him that’s exactly what you will do.” Hannah said as she grabbed Lexx’s wrist and pulled her towards the two boys.

 

“H-Hannah, wait! What are you doing?!”

 

“What’s up.” Hannah greeted the guys, making Lexx’s escape impossible.

 

“Hi.” Lexx added quietly.

 

“Lexx!” Sehun jumped on his feet. “Your performance was great! You really improved your dancing.”

 

“Thanks.” Lexx smiled, trying to ignore the daggers Sohyun was throwing at her with her eyes.

 

“Uh, we were in the middle of something here.” Sohyun said defensively. “Could you give us some time? Alone, if possible.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Lexx bowed her head slightly. As irritated as she was, she had to remember to treat the seniors with respect. Unfortunately, Hannah was not thinking the same way.

 

“It didn’t seemed like you were in the middle of anything, if you ask me.” She said.

 

“Yeah, but no one asked you, hun.” Hyuna smiled hatefully at her.

 

“Hannah, stop.” Kai said.

 

“So you’re on her side?!” Hannah frowned. “Why doesn’t that surprise me?”

 

“Here we go…” Kai rolled his eyes.

 

“Why don’t you do as you’re told and just leave?” Hyuna smiled. “Go back to your little rookie friends.”

 

“I don’t take orders from anyone, hun. Much less from losers like him,“ She got a step closer to Hyuna. “-or es like you.”

 

“What did you just say?!” Hyuna gasped.

 

“Okay, that’s it.” Kai threw his bottle away and grabbed Hannah by her arm. “Come with me.”

 

“Oppa! Did you just hear what she called me?!” Hyuna said innocently with “tears” in her eyes.

 

“I’m SO not done with her.” Hannah tried to break loose from Kai’s grip, but it was impossible.

 

“Oh yes you are.” Kai pulled her harder. “Sehun, come.”

 

“Yes sir.” Sehun nodded. “Lest follow them.” He told Lexx.

 

“Yeah.” Lexx agreed.

 

“Sehun!” Sohyun pouted. “Are you leaving me?”

 

“I really have to go now!” Sehun waved. “I’ll see you later.”

 

“Tch, those girls make me sick.” Sohyun commented as she watched the four EXO members leaving.

 

“Who does that Hannah think she is?” Hyuna placed a hand on her hip.

 

“Seems like the new rookies don’t know their place.” Sohyun sneered. “Should we show it to them?”

 

“Don’t we always?” Hyuna said with certain darkness in her eyes.

 

 

 

Kai dragged Hannah all the way to EXO-K’s dressing room, where D.O., Baekhyun, and Chanyeol rested. Sehun and Hannah were following closely behind.

 

“Why, Hannah, WHY?!” Kai scolded as soon as he closed the door. “You just got out of one scandal and now you want to get into another?!”

 

“She was asking for it.” Hannah raised her chin, reluctant to admit her mistake.

 

“What happened?” Chanyeol approached Lexx.

 

“Hannah went all diva mode on Hyuna a few minutes ago. It got pretty ugly.” Lexx explained.

 

“Do you like to pick fights with everyone?” Kai raised his voice. “And Hyuna of all people? What has she ever done to you?”

 

“What do you mean by ‘Hyuna of all people’?” Hannah scowled. “Is she your girlfriend or something? I thought you had better taste than that, Kai.”

 

“At least she’s not a rude brat like you!” Kai responded.

 

“So you ARE dating her!” Hannah pointed her finger at him.

 

“SO WHAT IF I AM?! Whoever I date is none of your business.” Kai snapped. “Just stop trying to get us all fired, okay?!”

 

Hannah stayed quiet this time. She simple turned around and left without a single word.

 

“Hannah!” Lexx ran after her. Chanyeol and Sehun were about to stop her, but they knew she wouldn’t listen.

 

“That was one good show.” D.O. chuckled.

 

“Since when are you dating Hyuna?” Baekhyun looked at him accusingly. “Thanks for letting the rest of us know.”

 

“I am not!” Kai bellowed. “That Hannah drives me CRAZY!” He pulled on his hair.

 

“In the good way or in the bad way?” The innocent Sehun asked.

 

“I’m not even going to answer that.”

 

A/N: I apologize to any 4minute fnas out there. I don't have anything against them lol (I don't even know much about them), but I kinda needed some female antagonists in the story. Sorry!!