Frustration

EXO-G *{SM New Girl Group}*

 

“Where did you get that chocolate bar? You could have brought one for me, too…” Sehun eyed the Baekhyun’s snack hungrily.

 

“I just bought it a while ago.” Baekhyun lied. If the others knew he had been friendly with an EXO-G member, they would kill him.

 

“We’re on our way to have dinner so it doesn’t matter.” D.O. patted the starving maknae on the head.

 

The six EXO-K members had all finished practice and were now going out together to a nice restaurant they frequented. As soon as they stepped out of the S.M. building, the sudden cold made them all shudder. But the ridiculously cold temperature wasn’t the only thing that caught the boy’s attention.

 

“EXO-G freak at twelve o’clock.” Kai motioned with his head at a lonely figure that stood several meters from them, in front of another exit of the building. “Is that Hannah?”

 

The boys halted and squeezed their eyes to confirm the identity of the girl.

 

“It is Jae.” D.O. grumbled. She was universally known for being extremely careless and irresponsible. How she managed to enter the company with such a carefree character was still a mystery for many. “And I thought we would have a peaceful night.”

 

“What is she doing there, anyways?” Sehun asked. “It’s like minus a thousand degrees out here.” The girl was leaning her back against the outside wall of the building. She had her hands buried in her pockets and a bright red scarf covered her neck all the way to her nose. The way she shifted uncomfortably in her place left it clear that she was probably freezing to death.

 

“Is she waiting for something?” Suho, who had been very quiet, spoke for the first time.

 

“Who knows.” Chanyeol shrugged. “Lets not concern ourselves with stupid things like this.”

 

Just as he finished speaking, a sudden male voice interrupted their observation.

 

“Hey, guys. What are you doing out here?” Said the deep, manly voice.

 

“Oh, it’s Jonghyun!” D.O. turned around and gave the SHINee member a brotherly hug.

 

“What are you kids looking at?” Jonghyun looked at them suspiciously. “I wanna see, too.”

 

“Uh, it’s nothing.” Baekhyun shook his head with unnecessary force.

 

“We’re just thinking of where should we have dinner tonight.” Suho said. “Are you going out with your members tonight?”

 

“Not really.” Jonghyun answered. “Key has plans already. Taemin, Onew, and Minho decided to stay at the dorm tonight.”

 

“So how about you come with us?” Kai suggested excitedly.

 

“I’d like to, but I have plans already.” Jonghyun replied while looking at his wristwatch. “I’m kind of late already.”

 

“That’s too bad.” Kai said without hiding his disappointment. “Who do you have plans with?”

 

“Jae.” Jonghyun answered nonchalantly.

 

Jae? Yoon Jae Hwa?” Suho repeated with a tinge of outrage in his voice.

 

“That’s right. Oh, she’s over there. Jesus, she must be freezing.” Jonghyun chuckled. “I should go now. See ya!” He waved and continued walking to where Jae was standing.

 

The EXO-K members stared wide-eyed at Jonghyun as he sped up and pinched one of Jae’s cheeks, causing her to jump startled. After chatting for a little while, they both started to make their way to the parking lot where Jonghyun usually parked his car.

 

“I can’t believe this.” D.O. said. “He turned down our invitation to go out with… her?!”

 

“Do you think they are dating?” Sehun covered his mouth with both hands.

 

“It’s not our business. She can date a freakin’ rock if she wants to for all I care. Now lets go before I starve to death.” Suho declared.

 

The members obeyed the leader and kept walking through the sidewalk in order to catch a cab. Suho kept tapping his feet impatiently as they waited in the cold.

 

“Why are you getting so worked up?” Chanyeol asked him quietly so the other members wouldn’t listen. He had noticed the leader’s pissed toned ever since Jonghyun left with Jae.

 

“I am NOT worked up.” Suho snapped. Chanyeol stared at his friend for a few more seconds before joining the other members’ idle chat. Everyone in EXO, including the girls, knew that when Suho was angry about something it was best to leave him alone.

 

A cab finally pulled up next to the boys. Suho was the last in line, and as he climbed in Jonghyun car’s passed by with Jae in the passenger’s seat. He rolled his eyes with annoyance, got it the cab quickly, and slammed the door closed.

 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

 

“What do you mean you’re not going to the movies anymore? You dressed up and everything!” Hannah whined to the maknae. “Are you not feeling well?”

 

“It’s not that.” Lexx smiled. “I’m tired that’s all. But you go and have fun, okay?”

 

“I can stay with you if you’re feeling lonely.” Hannah dropped her bag and her jacket on the couch.

“If you don’t go Henry and Amber will get angry, so go!” Lexx picked Hannah’s things and shoved them into her arms. Then she pushed her outside the door. “Be safe!”

 

“But-“ Hannah tried to protest, but Lexx had already shut the dorm’s door.

 

Lexx sighed and dropped herself on the couch. She closed her eyes and started to remember about the Skype call she had received minutes earlier while dressing up.

 

“Lexx? It’s Kangin.” The man on the scree waved said.

 

“Manager! Hello!” Lexx greeted cheerfully. “What’s up?”

 

“I have something I have to talk to you about.” Kanging seemed worried.

 

“Is everything alright?” Lexx frowned. It was unusual for the managers to contact her personally, especially through Skype.

 

“You know that the company took you in because you are a hell of a dancer, right?”

 

“Yes, but what about it?”

 

“I received some information from your dancing coach and the staff.” Kangin sighed. “It’s not very good.”

 

Lexx could feel her heart racing. She couldn’t help but wonder if she had done something wrong.

 

“The thing is that they have noticed some sort of decay on your performance.”

 

“A what?!” Laxx almost fell of her chair.

 

“Yeah. They said you’re not dancing as you used to. You don’t look as lively as before.” Kangin told her frankly. “I’m worried about it since the debut is so close now. Is there something bothering you?”

 

“N-Not at all.” Lexx swallowed hard, trying to dissolve the knot in .

 

“You know you can talk to us. Remember that. You’re just sixteen and I don’t want you to go around holding in your bad feelings.” Kanging smiled reassuringly. “But I want you to keep this conversation in mind so you can improve, okay?”

 

“Yes~” She smiled sweetly.

 

After the conversation was over, she shut her laptop violently and tried hard to keep her tears in. She hated to think that she could hold back her team because of a poor performance. The maknae is there to help her big sisters, after all.

 

Lexx was no longer in the mood to go out to the movies. She wanted to get back into her practice outfit and just practice her dancing for a hundred hours straight.

 

What is wrong with me?! She thought as the held a pillow over her head so her frustrated screams wouldn’t be heard. 

 

A/N: I know this chapter is a bit short, but the next one will be longer. I promise!!