Paradise

Secret Love of Unbreakable Warrior

"This place is a paradise only if you're here, a paradise that has locked you in against your will. A sad paradise where you can't leave even when you wake up, a paradise where we can be together forever."-INFINITE "Paradise"


Things were a lot less awkward between us after Minhyuk offered to be friends with me. We started to talk a lot more and definitely less shy around each other. It's nice to have some company and someone to talk to besides the maids and the guards in the mansion, but that little part of me still dwell on Daehyun and his whereabouts.

It's already midnight and as I was going to turn off the lights, preparing to go to bed until the door opened and Minhyuk entered.
 
"Hey," he said.
 
"Hey," I replied. The dark circles under his eyes were prominent and he looked pale.
 
"Have you ate?" I asked.
 
"Huh? Uh, yeah," he said and yawned.
 
"Really? When I mean 'ate' I mean dinner, not breakfast or lunch," I said as his stomache growled.
 
"Then..... No," he said sheepishly.
 
"I will warm up the food for you, come and eat," I said, waving him to follow me. He followed me to the kitchen and I sat down and watched him scarf down the food.
 
"How's work?" I asked casually.
 
"Busy," he said.
 
"So busy that you forget to eat?" I asked.
 
"I am really busy," he said.
 
"People who work have breaks too, no matter how busy the company might be," I said.
 
"I can't break, I still have a lot of things to finish," he said and finished dinner and we went to our room together.
 
"Why do you always come back so late and go out so early?" I asked as he sat down next to me on the bed after he took a shower.
 
"Because there's a whole bunch of things that I need to take care of, I have to go there early," he said.
 
"Is work really that important to you?" I asked.
 
"I guess...... I mean, I wouldn't be living in a good and luxurious life like now if I just go on vacation or not work hard all the time," he said.
 
"But what is the point of living in a good life if you don't even have time to enjoy it?" I asked.
 
"I don't have enough time-" he said but I cut him off.
 
"Besides, you really need to rest, look how skinny you have gotten," I asked and rest on my head on the pillow.
 
"I don't notice any difference," he said and I rolled my eyes.
 
"I actually kinda envy you," I sighed.
 
"Why?" He asked, surprised.
 
"Because you have things to keep you busy, I have nothing to keep me busy, I don't have anyone that I can talk to often either, I am basically a loner," I said and let out a long sigh and closed my eyes and fell asleep.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I opened my eyes slowly, squinting because of the bright sunlight. I glanced at the clock and it reads 9:30 AM. I sat up and looked around me and found Minhyuk next to me.
 
"Morning," he said with a smile.
 
"Y-You are late for work....." I said slowly.
 
"Actually, I am not," he said.
 
"What?" I asked.
 
"I am not going to work today," he said.
 
"Did I hear that wrong? You, Lee Minhyuk, the workaholic who doesn't even eat, is not going to work?" I asked, amused.
 
"Yeah," he said with a smile.
 
"But aren't you 'too busy'?" I asked sarcastically and he rolled his eyes.
 
"I am, but I feel bad leaving you home all alone and bored, so I took off work today and I am going to stay home with you," he said and ruffled my hair. Somehow that reminded me of what Daehyun used to do to me. Daehyun, my Daehyun that I haven't seen for ages.
 
"Unless you want to go somewhere?" He said and interrupted my thoughts about Daehyun.
 
"W-What? Um, no, I don't want to go anywhere," I said.
 
"Okay. Do you want to sleep a little bit longer?" He asked.
 
"No, I'm good," I said.
 
"Go wash up and get dressed then," he said.
 
"O-Oh," I said and headed to the bathroom, still surprised and confused by Minhyuk's sudden decision.
 
For the whole day we didn't do much besides talking to each other. It feel good to have someone to talk to, but Daehyun would keep pop into my head once in a while and I was suddenly worried about him 
 
since I haven't seen him for weeks.
 
"Are you okay?" Minhyuk asked during dinner when he saw me playing around the food with my fork.
 
"Umm, I guess....." I answered without looking up. The thoughts of Daehyun troubled me and I wanted to see him so badly.
 
"I can see there's something on your mind, so what's up?" He asked.
 
"I..... want to see Daehyun," I answered and he pursed his lips and didn't respond.
 
"By the way, last time when I wanted to go visit him, the guards didn't let me because he said it was an order from you?" I asked. Still no response.
 
"Do you not..... want me to see him?" I questioned.
 
"Why do you want to see him?" It was his turn to ask questions.
 
"Because he's my friend. He is practically family now, after all he has stayed with me for a long time," I said.
 
"Do you want to see him badly?" He asked.
 
"Of course, I want to see how has he been," I said.
 
"Well..... Why don't you go visit him now then?" Minhyuk said after a while.
 
"Really?" My face lits up.
 
"You haven't seen him for a while and if it makes you happy, you should go pay him a visit," he said.
 
"I'll be back soon," I smiled and hugged him. I was so happy that I could see Daehyun that I didn't even notice what I was doing and darted out the door.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Daehyun?" I called as I walked into his room. A figure appeared from the bathroom and he looked at me with surprised and happy expression. I ran and wrapped my arms around Daehyun tightly and buried my face in his chest. I missed his scent and his soft touches. I feel like I am in paradise when I see him. 
 
"Why didn't you come to see me after the wedding?" He asked in a soft voice, hugging me closer to him.
 
"I tried, but the guards didn't let me," I said.
 
"There were guards?" He asked and I nodded.
 
"I missed you so much," I said.
 
"I thought you forgot about me," he said.
 
"I would never," I said and looked at him. Daehyun got skinner and he looked sick.
 
"Are you ill?" I asked and ran my fingers through his brown hair which stayed messy as usual.
 
"I have been kinda sick these days," he said.
 
"Why? Are you not warm enough? It is getting cold these days," I said.
 
"It's colder in here without you," Daehyun pointed at his heart and said. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.
 
"Why are you getting so skinny?" I asked.
 
"I don't feel like eating these days, I have no appetite," he said.
 
"Why?" I questioned.
 
"I was worried about you, I thought something might have happened to you since you haven't come and see me for a few weeks," he said.
 
"Don't worry about myself, I am totally fine, but you need to take care of yourself," I said.
 
"Part of me was kinda worried that....... You might have fell in love with him and forgot about me," Daehyun said quietly.
 
"Pabo, I don't love anyone else besides you," I said with a smile, but he didn't smile back and looked at me.
 
"Really?" He asked and I nodded earnestly and he smiled a little bit.
 
"Are you okay?" I asked.
 
"Yeah, why?" He asked, clearly confused.
 
"You look really ill......" I said.
 
"It's nothing, just a cold," he said.
 
"It's nothing? You have a fever now!" I said when I pressed my palms against his forehead. His cheeks are burning as well. 
 
"When are you going to stop worrying and freaking out about me?" He said in a soft voice and hugged me close to him.
 
"The day when you actually would tell me that you are hurt or sick so I can take care of you," I said.
 
"What is this? Our first time seeing each other for weeks and all I get is you scolding me about how I should take care of myself? Don't I get a hello hug or......kiss?" Daehyun asked and whispered the last word in my ear.
 
"Didn't I already do it?" I asked, started to blush.
 
"It was on the cheeks though," he argued.
 
"Fine," I smiled and pressed my lips against his and he quickly caught on and kissed me eagerly. I threw my arms around his neck and closed my eyes. I was in paradise at this moment. This is our paradise, just him and me and nobody else. 
 
"Heaven?!" A voice called and my eyes opened immediately and I turned around to see Minhyuk, his eyes were cold as ice and his face was expressionless, standing at the door.
 

Hi guys~ I'm sorry for not updating often enough, I blame the piles of homework and tests :< Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, sorry if it is too cheesy =_= I seriously get goosebumps while writing this story OTL. Thanks to my wonderful and patient subscribers for subscribing, commenting and patiently waiting for my update, you guys are the best~ I bet many of you already can guess what is going to happen next XD B.A.P is having their goodbye stages next week, I am going to miss them so much ;_____; Anyways I will see you guys again next time I update~ -waves-