I Want You Back

Secret Love of Unbreakable Warrior

"I want you back, you back. You are so precious, I do love you. I am so sorry I didn't appreciate you. I want you back, yeah, yeah. I was so cold, I was so selfish. Thank you for taking care of me, I want you back."-Secret "I Want You Back"


Words travel and soon almost the whole school knows the relationship between Yongguk and me. Everything seems so perfect and wonderful. But there is that one little part of me that fears this is not going to last long. Could things really be that easy? Is anything that easy? Yongguk was the perfect guy for me. He takes care of me well, he loves me with all of his heart, he always wanted the best for me. He is my Prince Charming. But this is all too good to be true. Life is not a fairytale, the princess don't always end up with the prince right? My life is far far away from a fairytale, even though I live in a big mansion, have maids that I can holler at, have all the things that I want to have, have all those expensive and fancy accessories and clothes for me to dress myself in, have a prince that cherishes me. What else can I ask for? I have every single thing that a girl can dream of. But......... How long can that last? That part of me that always fears that all of this are too good to be true would take over me and I would think in the worse case scenarios. I would want those thoughts to leave my brain and come back to my unbelieveably perfect reality. Time fly quickly and Yongguk and I have been together for about half to one year now. However, Daehyun and I have also been more and more distant as time goes by. Even though I am living in my perfect life, but I miss the time when I would play around with Daehyun. I shouldn't be thinking about Daehyun when I am with Yongguk, but I would always think back to the times when I am with Daehyun and compare it to now. Daehyun doesn't play around or tease me that much anymore, he just quietly watches and take care of me. We still talk to each other, but we both become more distant from each other, even though he still continued to care for me day and night. As time goes by, things changed in good ways and bad ways.

I hugged my knees close to me and sat on the chair in my rooftop garden, listening to music and stared at the stars, completely zoned out. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder, I came back to my senses and turned around.

"Do you want to eat your dinner now? You missed it," Daehyun stood there and asked. I unplugged my earphones.

"No, it is okay, I am not hungry," I said and he nodded. A moment of silence came. Then Daehyun turned and was going to leave.

"Daehyun........." I called after him. He stopped and turned around.

"Do I........ seem different to you now?" I asked hesitately. He looked at me with a puzzeled expression.

"What do you mean.......... by different?" Daehyun asked.

"Do you think I have changed?" I asked.

"Why did you ask?" He questioned. To be honest I don't even know myself.

"No reason," I shrugged it off like it was nothing. We remained silent for a while. Then Daehyun sat down next to me and looked at the night sky.

"As time goes by, people change," he murmured. I looked at him.

"So you think I changed?" I asked.

"Maybe," he said.

"In a good way or in a bad way?" I asked slowly.

"What do you think?" He asked me.

"Bad way," I said. Daehyun raised his eyebrows.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because........ I lost something that is important to me," I said.

"Lost something?" He asked.

"I have been ignoring it because I was so busy with my life right now," I said and dropped my gaze.

"What is it?" Daehyun asked. I looked at him sadly.

"You," I said. He looked at me with confusion.

"I have been ignoring you," I said.

"No, why would you say that?" He asked.

"Don't you think we have become more and more distant as time passed by?" I sighed sadly. Daehyun didn't answer.

"That's because you have other things to do and I have other things to do," he answered after a while.

"I want my best friend back," I said. Daehyun looked at me and pursed his lips.

"Maybe you don't think that I have been ignoring you, but I feel I have and it feels like losing my best friend, and I don't want to lose that," I mumbled. Then Daehyun put his arm on my shoulder and I looked up.

"You didn't lose your best friend, he will always be here for you," Daehyun said with a smile. I smiled back.

"You promise?" I asked.

"What?" He asked.

"That you will always be my best friend?" I asked.

"I promise," he said and I grinned.

"Good to have you back," I said.

"Did you miss me?" Daehyun asked.

"Of course," I answered.

"Even though I am going to tease you 24/7?" He asked.

"Oh darn, I didn't thought this through........" I said and he laughed.

"There's a good side and bad side to everything right?" Daehyun said with a smile.

"I guess I can live with your teasing," I sighed. He ruffled my hair and I gave him a hug.

"Oh yeah?" he asked.

"It's not gonna be easy though, and I am probably going to be crying into my pillow everyday and write how mean you are in my diary," I said and he laughed.

"You should have some kind of counter attack to my teasing," Daehyun said.

"Oh, now you brought it up, I do have a counter attack," I said.

"Really? What is it?" He asked. I put on Daehyun's mask and looked at him.

"No comment," I said and Daehyun laughed.

"This is your counter attack? What kind of counter attack is this?" He said amusingly.

"No comment," I repeated.

"Aigoo, this is not a counter attack, what is it suppose to do?" Daehyun asked.

"No comment," I said.

"That's my catchphrase!" He exclaimed.

"No comment," I said.

"Go get your own catchphrase!" Daehyun said.

"No comment," I said.

"Are you going to keep saying it?" He asked.

"No comment," I kept going.

"You know 'no comment' have copyrights, it is mine," he said.

"No comment," I continued.

"Fine, you win," Daehyun sighed and I smiled.

"Did I drive you crazy?" I nudged him.

"Yes......... Can I have my catchphrase back now?" He asked.

"No comment," I said.

"Very funny," he marked with sarcasm.

"Your catchphrase is really useful and addicting, now I know why you use it a lot," I said and he laughed.

"It's mine now," I said and Daehyun looked at me with his eyes open wide.

"No!" He said.

"Too bad, it is my counter attack already, you can't use it," I said.

"But it's mine," Daehyun pouted.

"You wanna sell it to me then?" I asked.

"You wanna buy it?" He said.

"Sure, I got nothing but money," I joked and he laughed.

"It's not on sale, sorry," Daehyun said.

"Well, I still have your mask," I said happily.

"It's mine!!" He whined.

"Aigoo, Daehyunnie, you should be more careful with your stuff so people won't come and steal it," I sighed happily.

"Too bad, those are all mine and I am going to steal it back," Daehyun said.

"But I want them!!!! I won't look cool with the mask!" I whined. Daehyun sighed.

"Fine, you can have it, if it makes you happy," he said and I gave him a big smile.

"Yay, you are the best," I said and gave him a hug.

"Let's go in now, you should eat something," Daehyun said and patted my back and we both went inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, for some reason, I felt something missing. Which is strange, since Daehyun and I are back to friends now, and nothing is suppose to feel empty. Then I realized what was missing. Yongguk is not here today. I checked my phone and but nothing about Yongguk. Usually he would always text me or call me no matter where he was. I tried to think back, trying to remember anything about Yongguk's absence, but nothing seems to be coming up. Should I be worried? I started walking back and forth, trying to find an explanation for his strange absence.

"Hi," a voice said. I looked up, hoping it was Yongguk.

"Oh, hi Jongup," I said, a bit disappointed. But I should've known before I even look up. Yongguk's voice is almost impossible to mistaken, and it was clearly not his voice.

"What are you doing?" Jongup asked innocently. Jongup is about the same age as me, yet I always thought he is like my little brother. Who would dare to throw a rock at him?

"Nothing much......." I trailed off. I don't even know what am I doing now.

"Jongup?" I asked.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Do you by any chance know where Yongguk is?" I asked.

"You didn't hear from him?" Jongup asked.

"No," I said.

"That's weird, he talks to you more than he talks to us," Jongup sighed.

"I called him but he never answered," I said.

"Wait, maybe Himchan hyung knows," Jongup said and called Himchan. I waited until he was done talking.

"Well?" I asked.

"Um........" Jongup mumbled.

"What is it?" I asked anxiously.

"Himchan hyung doesn't know really well either, but he knows where he is," he said uneasily.

"Where?" I asked.

"At the hospital," Jongup said reluctantly. My eyes widened.

"Is he hurt?" I asked immediately.

"No........" he said. I sighed in relieve.

"Then why is he there?" I asked.

"He........ is there....... with s-somebody," Jongup mumbled.

"Who?" I asked.

"Uh......" he looked very uneasy.

"Who is it, Jongup?" I asked.

"Ummmm....." Jongup sighed.

"Tell me, please," I asked, getting nervous for some reason by looking at Jongup.

"Uh.... How do I put this......" Jongup said unsurely.

"Just tell me, please," I said.

"Yongguk hyung..... is in the hospital..... with....." He trailed off.

"With?" I asked.

".........his ex girlfriend," Jongup finished. Jongup looked at me with worry as I tried to digest this information.

 


Hi guys! Another chapter updated! I was kinda busy this week with schoolwork and fangirling over B.A.P's comeback! I really love "Power" and I hope my bunnies can win!! XD Anyways please keep reading to find out what happens next!