Someday

Secret Love of Unbreakable Warrior

"You get some right, you get some wrong. Although tiring there will be days to smile. When you fall down, when you get up. Although tiring, there will be days to smile, eventually a day to smile will come."-UKISS "Someday"


I opened my eyes and glanced around. It was still early and the sky was still dark. I found myself lying against Daehyun's chest, his arms still around me. I tried hard not to wake Daehyun up, but I couldn't stop myself from coughing. I started coughing violently that my throats had felt that sharp pang of pain. I felt Daehyun moving.

"Hey....... What's wrong?" Daehyun asked and switched on the light and look at me while my hair.

"N-Nothing," I coughed.

"Doesn't seem like it," he said.

"Nothing's wrong......." I said and coughed.

"Just go back to sleep, Daehyun......." I reassured him and continued to cough. Ugh. Daehyun was right. I am not convincing at all. Who starts coughing like crazy after telling someone that they are fine?

"Ahhhh........... It's time," Daehyun said.

"Huh?" I mumbled.

"Time to take your medicine," he said and he got up.

"I'll be back," he said to me before he left the room. I kept on coughing and it had felt like it would never stop. Then Daehyun returned with pills and a glass of water, he looks awfully tired. I couldn't help but feel that I had caused it.

"I'll eat the medicine myself, you should go back to your room to sleep," I said and coughed. Even though I enjoyed Daehyun's company very much and don't want to him to leave, but he have been spending 3 days in this room with me, feeding me food and medicine and making sure that I am confortable.

"Don't be silly, open your mouth," Daehyun said and ready to feed me the pills.

"No, I'm serious, I will be fine in here by myself. You look really tired and you should get some more sleep," I suggested. Daehyun didn't say anything and fed me the pills and I swallowed them.

"What makes you think I don't get enough sleep?" He asked.

"You look really tired since you are taking care of me day and night for 3 days now," I whispered. He put my head against him.

"No matter how tired I am I will still be here to take care of you," he sighed. I didn't say anything as he tucked my head under his chin.

"So what are you planning to do?" Daehyun asked after a while.

"I dunno......" I mumbled quietly.

"Hmmmm?" He hummed.

"I don't know......." I said and tears started to stream down my cheek again. over these 3 days I tried my best to forget about him, but it had seemed almost impossible. I wiped them away roughly, not wanting to show Daehyun that I have been crying again.

"Do you still like him?" Daehyun looked down at me and asked. Do I still like Yongguk? Or not anymore? I didn't answer.

"Do you still like him?" He asked again.

"I can't decided........ I can't just forget about him in such a short time but....... I can't forgive what he had done either," I said.

"Daehyun?" I said after a while.

"Hmm?" Daehyun hummed.

"Will we still be friends?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"No matter what happens with me and Yongguk, we are still going to be....... friends right?" I asked. I was hesitant in using the word "friend". I think we both know that we are far beyond from being "just friends". We started out as strangers, then he had saved my life, and slowly we become closer and closer to each other. He had cared about me more than a friend would. But there's nothing romantic about us at all, or that's what I thought. So........ What are we? Brothers and sisters? He had cared for me like I was the most important person in his life and gave me lots of love even though he never showed it. I never had any siblings so I wouldn't know, but maybe we are like brothers and sisters. He is a big brother who cares for his little sister and make sure no harm comes to her. I guess that fits then.

"Why wouldn't we be?" He asked.

"Because....... Yongguk is your hyung and you known him for quite a long time........ So wouldn't you want the best for him?" I asked.

"All you need to know is that nothing's going to change and we will still be friends," Daehyun assured.

"So you don't care about your hyung?" I asked.

"No comment," he said and closed his eyes.

"When are you ever going to stop using 'no comment' as your answers?" I wondered and he chuckled.

"You should not run away from your problems, you should answer them," I continued.

"Aren't you getting tired? Or maybe I should feed you more medicine?" Daehyun said and that shut me right up. I feel the medicine starts to kick in and I got more drowsy over the minute and I fell asleep soon.

I am slowly recovering through all of these medicines I take each day. I had convinced Daehyun that he can go back to his room and rest since his dark circles are starting to scare me a bit.

I lay on the bed, unable to sleep so I stared at the ceiling for a good 10 minutes. It was 8PM and I was still too weak (or lazy) to do anything. But there's another question that remained unanswered. What do I do? It would be a lie if I said I can forget and have no feeling for Yongguk at all. But it wouldn't be true if I said I can completely forgive for what he had done and go back to where we used to be. Things can never be the same ever again between us. I cannot forgive and forget that easily. Not this time. I had never expected my life would be so dramatized. It is always the girl who had seen her boyfriend with another girl and was heartbrokened. I had seen that all on TV. But I had never expected that it would actually happen to me. It is the end for the both of us? Or is the weak side of me going to take over again and decides to gamble on whether Yongguk will do it again? The thought of Yongguk had brought my headache back. I didn't want to bother Daehyun so I got out of my bed and stumbled my way through the long stairs to the kitchen for medicines. I don't like to rely on maids so I hardly ask them to bring me anything if I can go downstairs and get them myself.

The walk from my bedroom to the kitchen had seem like the longest walk ever in my life. I managed to reach the top shelf and got the bottle of pills and a glass of water. It was a bad idea, coming down here to get my own medicine since my headache got worse as seconds passed and I was shuddering since I only wore a tank top and shorts. I had been bundled up in layers of blankets for a long time so I wasn't cold in my bedroom. I barely made it to the stairs, then step by step, I reached my bedroom. My headache was really bad now, usually when I have headaches Daehyun would bring the medicine immediately and force it down my throat. But I probably spent 30 minutes just to get to the kitchen and trying to reach the shelf that is obviously too tall for me to reach. I closed my eyes and my eyebrows furrowed because of the pain and I heard a shattering sound. What was next to my feet were shattered glasses that used to be the glass of water I was holding. I sighed and slump down and started picking up the glass pieces absentminded. You should never clean up shattered glasses by picking them up and use a broom instead. But I was too lazy and in too much pain to get them so I started picking them up. One of the glasses had sliced my finger and the pain was unbearable. Then I heard footsteps coming and Daehyun was at the door already, looking at me in horror. I stared at him as he rushed to my side, his hair was a little bit messy and wet and he was shirtless.

"What happened?" He asked frantically.

"I-I tried to get the medicine......" I said.

"Why didn't you call me or the maids?" He asked me. I didn't answer. Daehyun got out of the room and returned with a broom and cleaned up the mess I made. I winced in pain of my finger.

"Did you cut yourself?" He asked.

"I was cleaning up the mess......." I trailed off as he looked at me with disbelief. Daehyun came back with a first aid box. He got close to me and picked up my finger and gently cleaned it with a swab and then bandaged it.

"Thanks......." I trailed off. Daehyun didn't answer.

"Why do you always do things that make me worry?" Daehyun looked at me and our face were close. I didn't say anything.

"Hmmm?" He said.

"I-I'm sorry......" I stuttered. My face was red because I was ashamed and I lowered my head.

"Hey, look at me," Daehyun whispered and he lift my chin up. His eyes were only inches away from mine.

"Don't it again next time, just call me whenever you need me," he said and ran his hand through my arm. I looked in Daehyun's eyes, feeling distorted. Not knowing what I was doing, I moved just a little bit closer to him and our lips touched. Daehyun did not pulled away from me and his lips were soft against mine and they remained locked together before I blanked out.

I opened my eyes and found myself in the bed. Daehyun was right next to me, my cheek. The pain was now gone and then I had realized what I had done before I had blanked out.

"Omo, I-I am sorry......." I stuttered and my face were bright red.

"For what?" Daehyun asked.

"For............." I trailed off. It was too embarrassing to say.

"I......... you know......." I finished off lamely. Daehyun was still shirtless and his hair is still messy, but looks drier now. I looked my finger, it was bandaged up too. So I wasn't dreaming.

"I-I wasn't thinking straight," I said frantically.

"Shhh, Heaven, nothing happened okay?" Daehyun shushed me gently.

"You can go back to your room now, I will be fine here," I said.

"I don't think so, I better stay here for another night," he said and fed me pills right after he said it. He tucked my head under his chin as usual. Daehyun's skin was warm against mine and I closed my eyes. I have no exact explanation for what I had done, it was more of a sudden-moment kind of things. Maybe I wasn't thinking straight at all and I just kissed Daehyun because I was feeling distorted? Yeah, that's legit, I thought to myself sarcastically. Daehyun didn't think it was a big deal and I was glad that he didn't react to it at all. I could not imagine us being awkward like when we first met each other. Plus, I wasn't thinking straight right? So it would be silly to make it a big deal out of this. But why? Why why why? Why would I suddenly kiss him? Even though I wasn't thinking straight, there must be some sorts of reason behind this, I wouldn't go around kissing a stranger no matter how distorted I was feeling. Then another question had come to me. Why didn't Daehyun stop me? It was obviously inappropriate to kiss your friend, unless you actually have feelings for them. However he didn't pull away from me and lingered on the kiss. Aish, I am thinking too much. I shook my head and thought to myself. How incredibly stupid I was, trying to think that there's actually something between me and Daehyun? He is just a loving brother to me and I am his little sister who needs his caring heart. That is the most I can think of. I don't want things to get anymore complicated than that. Right now I wanted to end a relationship, not to start another one immediately. Even if I actually liked Daehyun, chances are that he doesn't even like me, then wouldn't it be awkward? I don't want to loose him as a friend. I sighed. Why am I even thinking about this? I ignored my thoughts and fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Morning," Daehyun whispered as I woke up and he my hair. I saw the pills and a glass of water has already been prepared and waiting by my bedside. I groaned.

"Hmmph?" He hummed in response. I buried myself in blankets.

"Do I still have to eat the medicines?" I peeked from the blankets.

"Yes," he said.

"But I am feeling much better now," I whined.

"You will feel even better if you eat this," Daehyun convinced.

"Fine, I will eat it later," I said and he smiled.

"I'll be back," Daehyun said and got up. I closed my eyes and rested until I heard a commotion outside. I slipped out of my bed and looked from my window. As I was trying to see what is going on outside something caught my eye. I picked up my cellphone that I haven't for days and I saw my phone overflowing with messages from Yongguk. It has been a week since my little trip to the hospital but it had felt like a month. Then I heard Daehyun's voice.

"Hyung, you can't just barge in here," Daehyun said. Who is he talking to? I leaned closer to the window and listened carefully.

"I wanted to see Heaven," A voice said. This voice made me jumped. This deep voice had brought up so much happy and painful memories.

"You can't," Daehyun said.

"Why not?" Yongguk demanded.

"Because she is ill," Daehyun responded.

"Why is she ill? Is she okay?" Yongguk asked frantically. After all he had cared about me, but it was too late now.

"She's recovering," Daehyun said.

"Can I see her?" Yongguk asked. No! Daehyun! Please say no! I screamed in my mind. I don't want to face Yongguk right now.

"No," Daehyun said shortly.

"Daehyun, I am your hyung, and Heaven is my girlfriend, why can't you let me see her?" Yongguk asked.

"Sorry hyung," That was all Daehyun said.

"Then I am sorry about what I am about to do," Yongguk said and I heard no more. What is he going to do? Hurt Daehyun? I thought frantically. But I heard no more sounds from outside, it had seem like nothing was happening there as I opened my window to see if anyone was there.

"Heaven!" A deep voice called and I turned around and my eyes widened. As he approached me Daehyun appeared at the door, panting hard. It was too late to keep Yongguk away, and tears filled up my eyes.

"Hey," Yongguk marched up to me and wrapped his arms around and pulled me close to him like he always did. I wanted to push him away and tell him that it's over, but my trembling hands could not push him away from me and I couldn't find my voice to tell him that we are over. I stood there and looked at him.

"What's wrong?" He asked me.

"I-I......." I stuttered.

"Are you feeling better?" Yongguk asked and he leaned towards for my lips. Then Daehyun came and pulled him away from me.

"Hyung, Heaven needs to take her medicine now and rest," Daehyun said.

"I'll feed her," he said, he had seemed a little bit irritated.

"It would be best if Heaven rest without anyone bothering her," Daehyun replied.

"I won't bother her," Yongguk said.

"She needs to rest peacefully, no one is allowed in her room," Daehyun said. We both know that it is not true, but I was glad that Daehyun is trying to help me to make Yongguk leave. I am not ready to face him yet.

"Okay," Yongguk said and planted a kiss on my lips and left. I slumped on the floor after he left the house. Daehyun came to me and helped me up.

"It's okay," Daehyun said as I buried my face in his shirt and cried.

"What should I do?" I asked.

"It's all up to you, Heaven," Daehyun said as he comforted me. He fed me the medicine and I had told him I wanted to be alone for a moment, and he left the room. I lay on the bed, unable to decide what to do. I still love Yongguk, but things changed. Maybe someday I won't be so heartbrokened whenever I see his face, I won't be so sad when I hear his deep voice. Maybe it is not now, but someday I will eventually forget about him. Maybe it is not now, but someday I will forgive him. And someday I will want to end this relationship. We can never be just friends, because that part of me will still love him. Someday I will want to tell Yongguk that we are over. And this someday is today. I slowly reached for my phone and typed "Let's break up" and with my trembling fingers, I clicked the "send" button and turned off my phone. It's over now.

 


Hello~ Thanks to all my subscribers for patiently waiting for the new chapter to be updated! Some Daehyun-Heaven moments in this chappie so I hope you guys all enjoyed it~ kekekeke XD Please anticipate for the next chapter to see what happens next!