The Chaser

Secret Love of Unbreakable Warrior

"Protect her, so she won't forget me. I am going to the place where my love is. My heart is like that, I only know one thing, even it is bent and in pain, it will still love you. "-INFINITE "The Chaser"


I was running, out of nowhere, I was running. I have no idea why am I running so fast, it had seem like I was not able to stop at all. Without knowing a thing, I was running. I wanted to slow down, to know what was the reason why I was running, but there was a voice telling me to keep going. Without any further thoughts, I listened to the voice and kept on running. Then slowly, a figure begin to emerge from the nothingness. I felt a tug on my hand and I realized someone was clenching onto my hand. And the voice telling me to keep on running belonged to the person who held my hand at the moment. The figure that had emerged was chasing me. The figure was more prominent as it get closer, and I gasped a little when I had saw who the chaser was. Daehyun was the chaser. Why am I still running? I felt another tug on my hand, telling me to run faster when my eyes focused on the chaser. I don't want to run away from Daehyun, I want to run to him. But the impatient tugs on my hand had disrupted my thoughts. Daehyun yelled out my name and reaching out to me. I screamed his name and wanted to stop myself from running further. But I did not stop, no matter how much I wanted myself to stop at this moment. As I continued to run I see the chaser slowly collapsed on his knees, reaching out his arm and screamed my name.

I gasped, opening my eyes and found myself lying on the huge bed of my bedroom. It has been 5 months when me and Daehyun confessed to each other that night at the resort where I had spent 3 days with my parents. I turned my head and saw Daehyun lying right beside me, his eyes closed and his face was still as perfect as ever. Was it just a nightmare? My chaser is lying right next to me, his arms secured around me. I sighed. Last time I had dreamt of Daehyun confessing his love to me and it had came true, so does it mean that this dream symbolizes something that could happen? I shut my eyes and shook my head, not willing to believe it and I wrapped my arms around Daehyun's neck, not letting him disappear out of my sight, like the chaser. Daehyun's eyes slowly opened and I kissed him immediately without thinking, glad that he is still here. Daehyun was surprised by my sudden and eager kiss, but quickly he caught on and kissed me back.

"Hey," he whispered when we seperated.

"Don't leave me, okay?" I made him promise.

"Huh?" He said, confused.

"Just promise me, don't ever leave me, okay?" I said.

"Okay," he said and I gave a relieved sigh.

"What's wrong?" He said.

"I had a dream......" I trailed off and he hugged me closer.

"It's just a nightmare, don't worry about it baby," he whispered at my ear, calming me down.

"But what if it came true?" I asked.

"I won't leave you, I swear," Daehyun said.

"In the dream...... We were forced to seperate, what if that really happened?" I asked.

"I will come for you no matter what," he reassured me and I was calmer now. I felt his lips on mine as his fingers traced my cheek slowly.

"We should get ready if we don't want to be late for school," Daehyun pulled away from me gently.

"Okay," I said and got up. It really has been 5 months. Time flies by while I am with Daehyun and we have already dated for 2 months. In school we act more like best friends instead of a couple since we both decided we don't want to attract any attention to ourselves about us dating. People never really suspected us dating since we were already really close friends before we dated. The ones that really knows we are together is Youngjae and he had not really bothered to tell other members which doesn't really affect us whatsoever.

School dragged on and I tuned out of the teachers' lectures and stared blankly at my paper for most of the classes. The dream still lingered on my mind and I couldn't get it out of my head. I focused on the details of my dream, surprised that I remembered it clearly. Some voice in my mind had told me that this dream was meant to tell me something, this dream is foreshadowing that something was going to happen. The bell rang and I came back to myself and packed things up. It is finally the last class of the day for me and I couldn't wait to see Daehyun, I couldn't wait to feel his arms around me, I couldn't wait to hear his voice. After all, he is the only one that can distract me from thinking about the dream about me and the chaser. Then it had occured to me that I still have to wait one more period until I get to see him and I slumped onto a chair in the library, staring blankly out the window for the entire period.

I waited for the bell to rang and when it finally did, I jumped off the chair and made my way to meet Daehyun. Finally something to distract me from that chaser dream. It has been haunting me for the whole day and I don't know why. I saw Daehyun and it was the greatest feeling in the world when I saw him smiling towards me.

"I missed you," I said and hugged him.

"Oh? Why?" He asked.

"Long day at school for me," I said.

"You must be tired," he said with a smile.

"I am not tired after I see you," I said.

"Heaven, go home first today, I need to stay after for a while," Daehyun said.

"Huh?" I said, disappointed.

"I have something that I still need to do, so I'll see you at home, okay?" He said and my hair.

"Oh..... Okay," I said. Now great, the chaser dream will be stuck in my mind for the rest of the day without anyone or anything to distract me from.

"Be careful, even when you are at home," he reminded me and I rolled my eyes.

"I can't think of anywhere to be safer than at home," I said.

"But when I am not with you, I am still worried about you," he said.

"Okay," I said.

"I'll see you at home," he said and kissed my forehead.

"Bye," I said and I got home. I slumped down onto my bed and sighed. I felt so tired today and without noticing I fell asleep.

My eyes were blurred with tears as I saw the chaser collapsed and screamed for my name. The impatient tugs on my hand never stopped and I was annoyed by it. I want to run to my chaser instead of running away from him. I stopped myself from running and I collapsed onto the ground. The voice told me to get up and keep going. I screamed at the voice to stop telling me what to do. Then he turned around......... The owner of the voice and the arm, he turned around and faced me with a disapproving expression on his face. He was good looking and he have sort of a baby face. His eyes was threatening towards me. I tried to shake off his grip on my wrist but he didn't move. He forced me to get up and dragged me away from the chaser's reach.

Damn it. I thought. What is this? Why am I having this nightmare again? This dream seems to connect to the nightmare I had this morning. I slammed my fist on the bed furiously, mad at myself. I could no longer see the light peeking out my window, it was pitch black in my room. I got up and checked for the time, it was 8PM, and Daehyun is still not back. I tried to call him but his cellphone was shut off. I sighed and made my way to the dining room to eat dinner. I chewed on the food slowly, don't really have an appetite and went upstairs and took a shower. I purposely washed for a longer time than I would usually do, just to kill time, hoping by the time I am done I can see Daehyun. As I washed images from the dream flashed back in my mind, I immediately splattered my face with water when the image came. Finally, I couldn't stand it and shuts up the water. I am exhausted and I just want Daehyun. I am afraid to go to sleep without Daehyun's arms around me, because I know the dream is going to haunt me again. I got out of the washroom and Daehyun still wasn't home, but I saw a message from Daehyun says "Go to sleep first, don't wait for me. I will be back soon, love you." I sighed. I was getting drowsy and finally I gave up and fell asleep on the bed.

I felt someone my hair lightly, and the scent was familiar. I opened my eyes and found Daehyun facing me, his arm around me. I smiled.

"Did I wake you up? I'm sorry baby," he whispered and my hair.

"When did you come back?" I asked.

"About 10," he said.

"What were you doing?" I asked.

"Some gang from the other school was looking for trouble again," he said and I frowned.

"Were you hurt?" I asked and took his arm and looked for injuries. I found some scratches along his arm. I looked at him with disbelief.

"It's nothing, Heaven," he said.

"Daehyun-" I started.

"You don't have to worry about that," he took his arm back from me.

"I do," I said.

"Heaven, it has nothing to do with you," Daehyun said.

"But you are hurt, that has something to do with me," I said.

"As long you are not hurt, I don't really care about minor stuff like this, and neither should you," he said.

"You promised me, that you would take care of yourself," I whispered.

"I did take care of myself," he said.

"Even it is just minor injuries, you still did not take care of yourself," I said.

"I told you as long you are not hurt, nothing bugs me," he said.

"But now I am hurt because you are!" I said.

"Heaven, don't be like this. It's nothing," he pointed at his arm.

"What if something worse happens in the future? This time it could be some cuts and scratches, but I can't expect that next time," I said.

"I will be careful when that happens," Daehyun said.

"I don't want you to be careful when that happens, I want you to be careful now. Who cares about those gangs?" I asked.

"They are everywhere, I don't want those people to think they can do anything they want, somebody had to teach them some lesson," he said.

"Just to teach them a 'lesson' is not worth of getting yourself hurt," I said.

"I don't want them to touch anyone, especially you," he said.

"But you are not caring for yourself!" I said.

"I am!" He said.

"Then why did you come back with injuries? I don't want to see you hurt, I would rather have them hurt me than have you stop them," I said.

"How dare you say something like this?!" Daehyun was mad. Tears were building up in my eyes and I turned away from him. There was a great moment of silence between us.

"Heaven?" He said quietly, I didn't answer.

"Heaven?" He repeated. I ignored him. He stopped calling me for a while.

"Heaven? Baby, I am sorry," Daehyun finally said and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I am sorry I didn't keep my promise, baby. Please don't stay mad at me," he said in a soothing, some-what seductive voice.

"You are my heaven, and I don't care about anything besides you. Don't stay mad at me, baby, please," he whispered in that soothing and seductive voice that makes me melt. Finally his lips slowly made its way to mine. The moment our lips touched, I gave up and turned to him and he kissed me eagerly. My hands were buried in his light brown hair and he pulled me so close to him that there were no space between us. I couldn't stay mad at him, no matter how mad I was at him for not caring about himself. His lips were soft against mine and glued together. When we pulled away from each other, we were breathless.

"I am sorry, I will keep my promise, I will take care of myself," he promised me.

"I don't want to see you hurt," I whispered.

"I know......." He whispered back and kissed me again.

"I want the best for you too, I couldn't just let myself promise I would be safe and not care about you. I'm sorry, but I couldn't do it, I can't care about myself without caring about you," I said.

"You don't have to," he said.

"But I need to care about you, I have to, I want to, I need to......." I continued but he cut me off with another kiss. Neither of us had wanted to pull away from each other. I was precious to him and he was even more precious to me. None of us wants to see each other hurt and we made each other promise to take care of ourselves first before anything else which was impossible for the both of us to do but we promised anyways just to make each other happy. I know I would put Daehyun's safety first before mine and he know he would put my safety first before his. It was frusturating, having to argue who should always be the one protected, and none of us backed down in this fight. We were both selfish, we both wanted to have it our way. But none of us could stay mad at each other very long. We would rather lie to make each other happy but the rule in our heart never changed, and it is to always protected the other one before ourselves. People always say a relationship is not going to last long if it is build based on lies. But it had seem to me that not all lies are bad. I knew Daehyun loved me because he would rather sacrifice himself than having me hurt and he knew I loved him because I would hurt myself rather than having him hurt. This is love, when we both wants to sacrifice ourselves to make the other one safe and happy, but the truth is that without the one of us, the other one would suffer.

"Do you know that I am madly in love with you?" Daehyun whispered in my ear. I have never heard him say things like this.

"Mhmm," I hummed. His fingers traced my face gently and planted one more kiss on my lips.

"I am holding you from getting some sleep again," he chuckled gently.

"I don't want to sleep," I mumbled.

"That's what you said everytime," Daehyun pointed it out.

"This time I have a reason," I said.

"Oh really?" He said quietly, my hair lightly.

"I'm serious....... I had a bad dream twice today," I said.

"What was it about?" He asked and I sighed, I didn't want to think about it since I managed to forget about it. Daehyun seems to know I didn't want to talk about it.

"Don't worry, it is just a nightmare, it won't come true," Daehyun said.

"I hope so," I whispered.

"I am here, so you don't have to worry about it," he said.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Go to sleep now," he said and I followed his order and closed my eyes.

"Good night, my heaven," he said and kissed my forehead. I clutched onto his hands, hoping the chaser dream won't come back and seperate us.

 


Annyeong readers! We meet again so soon~ kekeke :D Anyways another chapter is updated! I have been dropping hints of this new character I was talking about and he/she will be revealed soon! When I mean "soon" it might be the next chapter, 10 more chapters after this, or maybe at the end~ So make sure to keep reading to find out about this new character! This new character is actually quite important to this story, it gives the story a twist to it so please keep reading if you are SO CURIOUS YEAHHHH *SHINee's Sherlock suddenly playing in my head* And if you see the foreword section of this story, under the "Character" section you will see I have added "TBA" (To Be Announced) there which means you will be expecting a new character in the story soon. Sorry I couldn't tell you who it is in my author-nim note, otherwise it wouldn't be fun reading it right? :3 And it is time to give a big Big BIG thank you to my subscribers for subscribing, leaving lots of comments and reading every chapters. I know I do this in every my author-nim note, but I feel that I have to thank my subscribers for subscribing and commenting in every note because I am thankful that everyone really enjoyed this story :)
P.S. Since many readers liked these B.A.P fanarts I posted, I guess I will post one in my author-nim note every chappie XD

I am in love with these fanarts XD They are the cutest thing ever~ :D

Daehyunnie must been happy that many BABYs wished him a happy birthday! B.A.P have started recording for their album so I am guessing that their comeback must be close? Maybe in August or September? XD Ahhh I can't wait~ B.A.P must be the busiest rookie ever...... I doubt they rested at all this year, they have been doing fansigns and they are going overseas to do concerts ever since "Power" promotion ended. I honestly hope they are in good health and not too tired. B.A.P Fighting! They have to win the Best Rookie Award this year! They have worked so hard......

I have noticed that I have been updating probably 3 times a week ever since I am in summer vacation at the moment. So does that mean I might finish the story earlier than I planned? Writing this story has been really fun and by the rate of updating 3 or 4 times a week the story might end extra early than I planned....... I don't want to end it that early!! But I am sure that most of you are curious of the ending so I guess I won't be dragging this story on for too long. Oh well, this story is only halfway done so I guess we still have a while?......

Another thing: be sure to anticipate for next week's update which is chapter 30! I will sure be dropping lots of hints about this new character :) Chapter 30 will sure to be a chapter that you will never forget in your life! Muwahahaha (okay ignore that it is not going to be that unforgetable......)

And honestly, don't you think Daehyun in the pic for this chapter looks so hot? *fangirls* (I can't explain for my extreme fangirl action...... so ignore that..... again......)

Well, I will be seeing you guys after 2 or 3 days! (If I update fast enough....) Don't miss me too much! (okay now I am going overboard with this author-nim note thing so I am gonna go now kay thanks bye)

Sincerely,

Talks-too-much-and-evil-but-still-B.A.P-loving author-nim (does that even makes sense?...... No comment.)