Wedding Dress

Secret Love of Unbreakable Warrior

"Baby, please don't take his hand. 'Cause you should be my lady, I've been waiting for you for so long, please look at me now. Once the music ends, you will be with him forever. I prayed and prayed that this day wouldn't come. The wedding dress that you once wore."-TaeYang "Wedding Dress".


Daehyun's POV (Point Of View)

I glanced at the clock at the bedside table as I opened my eyes slowly. 6:00AM. Morning has arrived again. A new day has begun, just like any day. But today is a day that I wished that would never come. An image of a beautiful girl in a white wedding dress came to mind, along with another guy's arm wrapped around her, slowly their lips touched....... I gritted my teeth at that thought and slam my palm at the other side of the bed. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to get that image out of my head. I am not going to lie, I hated it. I hate the fact that Heaven is getting married today with another man. I don't want to see her walking down the aisle, saying "I Do", and kissing who would be her husband by that time. I hate it. I wanted Heaven all by myself. She was no one's besides me. Yet I am here, cannot do anything besides watching her get married with another guy. I hate it.

I looked at myself blankly at the mirror as I button up my shirt and tying the tie around my neck, then I shrugged on the jacket. I ran my hand through my hair, which seems impossible to get it nice and flat since it was sticking in multiple different directions. I lost my patience with it immediately and gave up and stared at myself in the mirror. I looked at the figure at the mirror, a guy who looks quite formal in the black suit and his face was blank, completely free of any emotion. I let out a sigh. After today Heaven would be his wife. I winced at the word "wife". She still have features of a young girl. Her round face and pink cheeks, her long and black straight hair draped over her shoulder, her big and dark brown eyes, her short height, her innocent smile...... Sometimes she just seemed like a 10 year old girl instead of a teenager. A little girl who needs someone to be there for her, to love her and protect her. That is probably the reason why I couldn't seem to trust her that she would be fine on her own whenever I am not with her. I loved her with all my life. She is mine. She is my Heaven. And it had seem like it is too soon, for her to get married at such a young age. And most importantly, she didn't love him, she love me. It is painful for me to see her, about to become someone's wife. She wasn't ready. I wasn't ready.

The wedding venue was grand. Everything was extravagant and fancy when I arrived there. Today was the perfect day for a wedding, the sky was cloudless and the sun shined brightly. But I know I am not the only one who felt depressed today. At least I hope I am not the only one.

I found my way to the room, hoping that it is only Heaven in there. I pushed the door open, and a girl in a big, poufy and sparkling ball-gown-like wedding dress turned around to look at me. Her straight hair was now in curls that hung loosely over her shoulder along with her veil. She stared at me with her big eyes and then flashed a dazzling smile at me. I walked towards her and hugged her to me. She is breath-takingly beautiful.

"Daehyun," Heaven greeted me with a smile and looked at me in the eyes.

"Hey," I said, brushing her hair lightly.

"You made it," she said.

"Of course I did," I smiled. Our face has suddenly become so close to each others', and I pressed my lips on hers, my lips moved furiously against her lips, kissing her eagerly. It is going to be the last time for me to kiss her before she become Mrs. Lee, so why don't I make this kiss a good one? With that thought in mind I hugged her even closer to me until there's no more space between us. Even though I am already out of breath I refuse to remove my lips from hers. Slowly Heaven pulled away from me for air.

"Promise me something," she mumbled when she catched her breath. I didn't give her a chance to continue and kissed her again. Her lips were soft against mine and her scent had made me loose my mind. Why did I agree to let her get married with that man in the first place anyways? She is mine forever. Nothing is going to change that.

"Daehyun-" Heaven started and paused.

"Yes?" I said.

"No matter what you see today, just remember that none of it is true," she said.

"Okay," I said, not paying much attention to what she was saying.

"I should go now," she murmured after a while and pull away from my grip gently.

"Why?" I asked, annoyed at that thought and my grip tightened around her.

"Because it is almost time until the ceremony starts," she said. I looked at my watch and we still have some time.

"It can wait," I said. Suddenly realizing how hard it is for me to let go of her.

"Time waits for no one," she smiled grimly.

"Then don't get married," I said.

"You know I can't do that," she murmured and she touched my face. I wrap my hands around hers and pressed it against my cheek.

"I don't want to see you get married," I said.

"Remember none of it is true," Heaven reminded me.

"What if I can't?" I looked into her eyes and said. That brought Heaven speechless.

"I only love you," she said. Then she gave me quick peck on the lips and left. I stood there and gritted my teeth when I watch her darted out of the door gracefully. I thought I prepared myself well that I would let her go coolly, watch her getting married calmly and believe none of it is true. My hands clenched into a fist. I was disappointed at myself. I can't keep in mind that the things I see today are not true. I let out a long sigh and slowly brought myself to the place where the ceremony takes place.

"Daehyun?" A familiar voice called and I turned around and found Yongguk, Himchan, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo, all dressed up and walking towards me.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, surprised.

"What a good way to greet your best friends," Youngjae said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"Zelo got a invitation to the wedding," Yongguk jerked his thumb towards Zelo's direction. Sometimes I had forgotten that Zelo's parents are rich, wealthy people since Zelo is the total opposite from those wealthy people. He acted like one of us, just a normal kid.

"And so we came with him instead of his parents since they are working oversea, plus we want to see you," Himchan finished Yongguk's sentence and smiled.

"So you guys knew everything?" I asked.

"Yeah, Zelo met Heaven once at a party," Jongup said.

"When?" I asked, not recalling Heaven ever told me such thing.

"Didn't Heaven tell you?" Zelo asked, confused. I frowned, hated to be the last one to know. I ignored that question.

"So how are things these days?" I asked casually.

"Well, Yongguk hyung got a new girlfriend," Jongup said.

"Yeah, it was about time he stop moping about his breakup with Heaven and move on," Himchan added  with a smile and Yongguk punched him on the arm.

"Does it kill you to talk less?" Yongguk asked Himchan, embarrassed.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"A girl named Jieun, new student. She is really nice and polite. Pretty too. A morally upright girl," Youngjae added. It's nice to hear that Yongguk hyung found someone new, which would make things a lot less awkward and heartbreaking between me, Heaven and him.

"I think it's starting," Zelo said and we move to into the room where the ceremony starts.

"It must've been hard for you," Youngjae put his hand on my shoulder and said when others weren't paying attention. Youngjae has always been the one that understands me the most since we have been best friends ever since we were young. I was taken aback by his sudden action. We played around and tease each other instead of showing care towards each other. I bit my lip and nodded at him.

The gigantic room was full of people and not many seats were left, so we stood in the back. The Wedding March started playing, and everyone, including us, turned our head to the door's direction and waited. The door opened and the bride slowly stepped onto the red, thick carpet. Heaven looked stunning, like an angel who have fallen from the sky. Her face was expressionless as she walked gracefully with her father who was right beside her. Soon she reached the groom, who was waiting for her at the other end. Her father slowly place his daughter's hand onto the groom's palm. Now Heaven and Minhyuk were holding both of each other's hands and reading the vows. I tried hard not to listen to those words, knowing that it will make me only more sad and I didn't want to upset Heaven. After all, I promised her that I would pretend none of it is true.

"Lee Minhyuk, do you take Kim Heaven as your lawful wife, and promise to love and cherish the bride with all your love and never leave her side, whether in sickness or in health, you would not leave her?" The minister asked.

"I do," he said calmly.

"Kim Heaven, do you take Lee Minhyuk as your lawful husband, and promise you will give him all your undivided love and always care for the groom no matter what happens, whether he is poor or wealthy, you would not leave him and bear through all the difficulties along with him?" The minister asked.

"I-I do," Heaven stuttered a little, her voice quivering. My teeth gritted and my knuckles were white from clenching my hand into a fist.

"Then I annouce the both of you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," the minister announced. Minhyuk held Heaven's face close to his and kissed her a lot more passionately than I expected. I couldn't watch this anymore. I bit my lip hard and walked straight to the door while the audience burst into applause and cheers.

"Daehyun!" I could hear Yongguk's low voice called for my name and others' footsteps behind me.

"Go after him!" Himchan said.

"Daehyun!" Youngjae caught up with me and gripped my arm.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"None of your business," I muttered and shook off his grip. I want to get away from this place and get my mind clear of what I just heard and watched.

"Hyung, wait up!" I heard Jongup's voice and I walked faster, but he was faster and he stopped me.

"Let go, Jongup," I said through gritted teeth.

"Daehyun, where are you going?" Himchan asked.

"I just want a moment alone," I said. All of them looked at me, not convinced.

"Daehyun, don't do anything rash, Heaven wouldn't like to see you like this," Yongguk said.

"I'm not," I said through gritted teeth and freed myself from Jongup's grip and escaped. The images kept replaying in my head and I am about to go crazy because of it. I ran until I couldn't go on and stopped in front of an extravagant water fountain. I panted while looking at my reflection in the water. Slowly, without even me knowing it myself, tears streamed down my face and dropped into the pool of water. I couldn't pretend none of it did not happen, it was hard, a lot harder for me to do that I expected. Heaven's "I do" still echoed in my mind and the kiss scene made me want to yell in frusturation. I bury my face in my palms, wanting to escape reality. Reality now is a nightmare to me. I felt a empty hole in my heart, about to shatter in pieces. So this is how it feels when you lost someone you love? I have never experienced it before, it was new to me. I have never loved someone that much that I would feel such pain. Suddenly someone's arms wrapped around me and I didn't have to turn around to know who it is since I recognize the familiar scent.

"Found you," Heaven giggled, her cheeks pressed against my back. I smiled but I didn't look back.

"May I ask why are you here?" She asked me after a while but I didn't respond.

"What? Now I am married you don't love me anymore?" She joked.

"Are you okay?" She asked uncertainly. She walked in front of me and looked at me and ran her hand through my hair.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Then why do I see you running off at the end of the ceremony?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed. I didn't expect her to notice my sudden disappearance.

"I couldn't watch anymore," I told her. Heaven bit her lip and nodded. Slowly she reached for my face and kissed me.

"I'm sorry you had to see it," she apologized in a whisper. I hugged her tightly to me without another word.

"After the ceremony ended, I looked everywhere for you. I was really worried," she said.

"Sorry for making you worry," I her hair.

"It's okay...... But..... are you okay?" Heaven lift her head up and looked at me.

"I'm fine," I lied.

"Really?" She asked.

"Don't worry about me, what about you, Mrs. Lee?" I asked, trying to force a smile. She winced a little at her new name.

"I am feeling burdensome by my new name, I don't think I would ever get used to it," she said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I can't accept the fact that I am married to Minhyuk while you are the one that I love," Heaven smiled.

"I love you too," I said, returning a smile.

"I saw Yongguk, Himchan, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo as well, I was surprised that they came," she said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I asked Zelo to keep it to himself, I don't want others to be affected by this as well, so it's better to not tell them....." she trailed off.

"They are all worried and concerned," I said.

"I know...... But I don't want bring more people down to suffer with me," she said.

"They aren't suffering," I said.

"But you are," she said and I pursed my lips.

"I am really fine, don't you worry about me," I put both of my hands on her shoulder and told her earnestly.

"I can't. I can't get you out of my head. You are on my mind 24/7, I think about you all the time, so it's impossible for me not to be worried about you. Even when I am walking down the aisle today I was thinking about you," she said and I smiled.

"You look really beautiful today, by the way. Sorry I didn't really mention it to you," I said and she blushed.

"You didn't have to," Heaven murmured shyly, her cheeks are bright red and I grinned. I never noticed it myself how much I miss how her cheeks turned tomato-red when she is shy, I hugged her tightly without another thought. But I knew we will have to seperate soon again which is going to be hard and I didn't want her to worry about me. I bit my lip and slowly, I dropped my arms that were wrapped around her.

"You should go now, don't want people to think that someone has kidnapped the bride," I told her.

"How long have I been here?" She asked.

"About....... 45 minutes to an hour?" I looked at my watch, it amazes me how fast time have passed.

"Oh! I should really go now," she murmured and started to run but one of her heels slipped from her foot. I smiled at walked towards her while she groaned in frusturation.

"Clumsy Heaven," I murmured and smiled.

"I never liked heels," Heaven muttered and sighed.

"But thanks to them, you are almost as tall as me. Before you wore them you were so short," I teased.

"Fine fine, I am short. I will acknowledge that, you happy?" she rolled her eyes.

"Sit," I instructed and I put the heel back on her foot.

"Thank you," Heaven gave me a quick peck on the lips and left. I sighed while watching her run in small steps, soon I couldn't see her anymore. I pursed my lips and looked up at the sky. Even though I know we would see each other again soon, but I couldn't help but miss her immediately the moment she was gone. After all, she is now somebody else's legally, even though her heart is mine, but she isn't mine anymore. It felt like my heaven was being stolen from me, something that I treasure and love very much. Heaven is my heaven, and now she is not mine anymore and belongs to someone else yet I couldn't do anything about it. I watched Heaven in her wedding dress, slowly disappeared into the sunlight. Things are different now, but I will not stop loving her no matter whatever happens in the future.

 


Hey guys! I hope you guys liked this "surprise"! And there's the double update I promised you guys! I am really sorry that I did not update for several weeks, I had no idea that AFF would be down and chp 34 was lost and originally I was waiting for AFF to recover chp 34 but I thought I should just re-write it. Thanks for being patient and thank you to my subscribers for subscribing, commenting and reading!! I hope you guys are enjoying this special chapter (aka the "Surprise") XD Maybe I will write in Daehyun's point of view again XD Next chapter is back to normal (from Heaven's point of view)~ Please continue to read!