Because Of You

Secret Love of Unbreakable Warrior

"I cried a lot because of you. I laughed a lot because of you. I believed in love because of you. I lost everything because of you. I am speechless, suffocating and lonely. The world without you has chewed out of my heart, stomped on my dignity, torn apart my heart, so why did you leave me behind?"-After School "Because Of You".


"Heaven," Yongguk said when I was reading a book. I jumped and saw him.

"Yongguk? Why aren't you in the hospital?" I asked, surprised and happy at the same time.

"It's about time that I come back and spend a little more time with you," he said with a smile. It had felt like I haven't seen Yongguk in such a long time. We chatted happily like friends who reunited after years.

"Are you still going to hospital?" I asked.

"Yeah, everyday after school," he replied. Then his phone rang to life.

"Who was it?" I asked curiously.

"It's......." he trailed off. Now I had an idea about who was it. I nodded and pretended like I did not care. He walked to a distance where I could barely hear his conversation. He appears to be very happy and energetic on the phone and they have talked for at least a hour. It's no biggie, why should I be worried? I don't need to be....... Right? 

But soon it has become a daily thing. Everyday at the same time, a phone call would come and soon a hour has passed. Yongguk would spend most of his time on the phone, either texting or talking to that exact same person. I had no thoughts or feelings towards it, but as time passed, there's this voice in my head screaming that I should start paying more attention. I ignored that thought and continued to pretend like nothing is going on.

Daehyun had noticed the same thing too. He seems to be concerned with my nonchalant towards this, but on the other side he is also glad that I am not upset. So he had been trying to keep quiet about this.

"Aren't you worried at all?" Daehyun asked me one day.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You are not worried about your relationship?" He asked.

"Why should I?" I asked.

"Yongguk has been spending an awful lots of time with.......her," Daehyun trailed off.

"So?" I shrugged.

"Oh come on, don't tell me you are not even jealous for one bit," he sighed.

"I am not," I said.

"Then why aren't you spending more time with Yongguk?" He asked.

"What makes you think I am not?" I asked.

"You always spend most of the time with Yongguk, but these days I am with you almost the whole day," Daehyun marked. Huh. I have never really noticed that I have been spending that much time with Daehyun. Time flies by really fast whenever I am with him. And these days Yongguk have been spending endless amount of time on the phone so I usually leave him be.

"Why? Don't you like spending time with me?" I nudged.

"No, it is just that you are not spending as much time with Yongguk these days like you did in the past," he said.

"I want to spend more time with my best friend~" I said and leaned on him.

"Oh? Is that so?" He asked.

"Yup," I said.

"Not convinced," he said. I sighed.

"You are never convinced," I complained.

"You are never convincing enough," he said.

"It's not my fault that I am not very convincing!" I said.

"Then it is not my fault that I am not convinced," he replied. I growled.

"Your answers are driving me crazy," I said and he laughed.

"Sorry, but you are just not a convincing person," Daehyun shrugged.

"I am a convincing person!" I said.

"I don't see it," he said. I sighed.

"You are so negative," I pouted and he smiled.

"So you don't think anything is wrong?" He asked after a while.

"To be honest, I am not so sure anymore......" I sighed.

"What do you mean?" Daehyun asked.

"I used to think it was nothing, but time after time I am not sure if I feel the same now," I said.

"You and Yongguk seems to be getting more and more distant these days," he marked.

"Yeah........ I honestly don't know what is going on with us. First he had tried to hide the fact that he is in the hospital, then he stopped answering my calls, and now..........." I trailed off.

"I couldn't help but think it is all her fault," Daehyun murmured.

"It's not her fault, she doesn't want to get into the accident, and she doesn't have any relatives here to take care of her," I said.

"Doesn't she have a boyfriend?" He asked and I suddenly thought of it. She had broke up with Yongguk because she is in love with another guy. Well, where is he? Why isn't he there to take care of her?

"I am just as confused as you are," I sighed. As we walked something caught my eyes. It was Yongguk, talking happily on the phone from a distance. I stopped and looked at him. Daehyun noticed and seemed a bit worried about me.

"Let's go," I said and without another glance at his direction, I walked away.

"Why don't you go see what's up with them?" Daehyun asked.

"I don't need to," I said.

"You obviously know something is wrong," he said.

"Look, can we not talk about this?" I sighed.

"No, it is really clear that you know something is going on, why don't you go investigate?" He asked.

"It's going to be fine," I said.

"It's not," Daehyun said.

"I don't want to talk about this," I said and continued to walk.

"Why don't you want to find out? I think it is really clear that something is wrong, it is really clear to you and almost everyone else. So why aren't you going to do something about it?" He asked.

"I said I don't want to talk about it!" I said and walked faster. Daehyun stayed closely behind me.

"Why don't you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"Because it doesn't do me any good if I think or talk about it!" I said. Daehyun stopped me and faced me.

"You can't run away from your problems!" He said.

"I am not running away from it!" I said.

"Oh right. You are just leaving till later right?" He said with sarcasm.

"I am not!" I croaked.

"You would rather to believe in sweet and fake lies than face the cold harsh truth?" Daehyun said.

"YES! I would much rather live my life in lies than face the reality!! You happy?" I yelled. My eyes were watery.

"I'm sorry," he sighed.

"No, I should be sorry........ I know I should be aware of it, but I don't want to believe or think about it......." I said.

"But you can't live like this, just believing what you tell yourself instead of finding out the truth. If things doesn't work out, it is better to end it now instead of waiting for someone to break the news to you," he said.

"I know........ But what if the truth is too painful to accept?" I asked.

"You are strong, Heaven, you can handle it," he encouraged. I sighed. Am I really strong enough? Maybe I am, maybe I am not. but either way I want to be the one to know first. I don't want to be the last one knowing that there's something going on. I am tired of being last, tired of people trying to hide things from me. So no matter whether I like it or not, I am going to investigate myself and no matter what happens, I am going to be strong about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had rejected Daehyun's offer to come with me to the hospital the next day. I wanted to be the strong one who doesn't neede anyone there for me. Besides, maybe there's nothing to it, we are all just overreacting. Maybe we all misunderstood and everything will work out like it always did.

I could be completely wrong about that.

I found myself walking in the halls of the hospital. Millions and millions things on my mind right now, just like how I felt when I first came here. Unlike last time, the door was not fully closed so I can actually hear. Yongguk was in the room with the girl lying on the bed. I peeked through the crack.

"Are you done now?" Yongguk asked.

"Yeah, thanks," the girl said. Yongguk took the bowl from her and put it on the table.

"Look at you, you are getting better and better everyday," he said.

"It's all thanks to you, without you, I probably can't get well that soon," she said.

"Umm....... I have been meaning to ask you something for a long time," Yongguk said hesitately. This caught my attention and I leaned closer.

"Ask," the girl said.

"I know I asked you this many times, but what really happened in the accident?" He asked. I suddenly felt a lot more relaxed.

"What really happened? As in what is the cause?" She asked.

"Yeah," he confirmed.

"That night.......... I found out that my boyfriend was cheating on me and I was so upset that I felt like the world is ending, then I didn't care if I am alive or dead, I wanted to die. And eventually I did get hit by a truck, but it wasn't strong enough to take my life away, so I was miserable when I found out I am not dead yet," the girl said, looking at the ceiling.

"Why would you want to kill yourself?" He asked.

"Because I feel there's nothing that I need to live for, I have lost my boyfriend, my parents don't care about me, I have nothing at all, so I thought it's better to just die now," she said slowly.

"I don't know what I am going to do now, since I survived," the girl sighed.

"You have so much potential, now it is the chance to start your life over and do something new and different," he said.

"You would support me to do it?" She asked.

"Of course," he said.

"Thanks," she said.

"Why did you come and take care of me?" The girl asked after a while.

"Because you have no one here to take care of you," he said.

"Yongguk......" she said.

"Yeah?" he said.

"I'm sorry," she said. I was surprised and I listened carefully.

"For what?" He asked.

"I......... broke up with you just for the guy who ended up cheating on me.......... it was really stupid of me," she said.

"It's the past," he said simply.

"You should hate me," she said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I was selfish, I didn't care about you. You probably hate me so much, but you are the one who took care of me day and night, you keep me entertained by texting or talking to me, you come here everyday to make sure I was fine," she said.

"I should have never broken up with you. I know it is too late to say this, but if I can go back in time, I would never leave you and we would still be together now," the girl said. Yongguk did not answer.

"During these days, I have been thinking a lot. And I figured that I still have feelings for you, Yongguk. I don't know what I will do without you, you inspire me to continue to live, you changed me from thinking negatively to positively. I really need you right now, I can't imagine my future without you there. Can you please come back to me?" She asked and leaned close to Yongguk and kissed him. He didn't pull away and they kissed for a while. I slumped to the floor. Heartbrokened. Maybe I should've seen this coming. Maybe if I prepared myself for these kinds of things, I would not feel this much pain.

"I'll....... think about it," Yongguk said. He will........ think? About it? So does that mean we are over? I know I don't want to hear any more, I managed to get up and tried to stable myself. But it was impossible. My legs and hands were tremling like crazy. I wanted to run, but my shaky legs would not move. I stumbled for a few steps and burst into a sprint. I wanted to leave this place. I want to huddle in a corner and just cry. As I sprinted I feel I hit something hard. I looked up and it was someone that I don't want to see right now. We meet in the wrong place and the wrong time, and he was the wrong person that I ran into. It was Himchan. I gasped and continued to run. But Himchan prevented that from happening.

"Heaven, what's wrong?" Himchan asked, his brows furrowed.

"Nothing!" I said. But of course he did not buy it.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

"I-I......" I stuttered.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Please, do me a favour......." I choked.

"What's the matter?" Himchan looks more nervous by the minute.

"P-Promise me one thing..........please.........." I croaked.

"Yeah, what is it?" He said.

"P-Please......... Don't tell Y-Yongguk that I was here.......... I beg you......" I continued to sob.

"Heaven, what is wrong?" Himchan asked. He put his hands on my shoulder.

"You p-promise??" I asked.

"Sure," he said. Himchan looked at me with a worried expression.

"Thanks......" I said and I ran away before Himchan can say anything. I went into the empty washroom and started crying. I cried so hard that I feel like I could choke myself and die. I don't want to believe any of this......... I really don't want to......... But the image just keeps flashing back on my mind and tears just cannot stop falling. What have I been fearing was finally here. My so-called "perfect" life is over. We are over. It's time to stop loving Yongguk. He had hurted me and I do not wish to see him ever again. Because of him I learned what love was like. Because of him I felt loved and cherished. But because of him, I experienced how painful when he broke my heart. It is all because of him. I cannot believe the typical storyplot in dramas is actually happening to me. I wiped away my tears and searched through my backpack and found a pair of sunglasses. I put them on to hide my red eyes. I am going to be strong. Nobody is going to know that I have found out what happened. I walked out of the hospital in confidence. But behind the sunglasses, tears streamed down my cheek as I walked.

 


Hi guys~ Sorry for updating late, these days I am going to be very busy since exams are near but I will still update!! There's a major twist in the 20th chapter of this story! Don't forget to keep reading to find out what happens next! XD