I'm Sorry

Secret Love of Unbreakable Warrior

"I don't want to see you smiling with her, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I don't want her to receive love, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."-EvoL "I'm Sorry"


The sky was already dark when we arrived back to the mansion. I sighed in relieve, glad that this day is finally over. My gigantic and over-the-top wedding dress was a burden and I couldn't wait to get out of it. But I know I am not the one who is suffering the most today. After I caught Daehyun leaving the ceremony with my eyes I couldn't help but panick and want to run after him. But Minhyuk's arm secured me from leaving him and his lips were pressed against mine. I blushed at the thought. The kiss was definitely convincing enough, just the way we wanted it. Actually, the way he wanted it. It's his job to convince people that we are getting married because we are in love instead of we are getting married because he wants my family's money and this was all an arranged marriage. After today my family's business and money will all be his. I shook my head, trying to think anything besides this matter and fought back the tears that were going to stream down my cheeks. I am going to be strong, I told myself. No matter how hard it would be, I am going to be strong.

We walked slowly back to our room without another word to each other. I went straight to the bathroom and took as much time as possible to wash up, trying to kill time and think. After a long time in the bathroom, I opened the door to just a small crack and peeked. Minhyuk was sitting on the bed, reading. Minhyuk looked completely normal, he didn't think the wedding was a big deal and acted as if it had never happened. I decided everything is going to be fine and I came out. He didn't look up as I exited the bathroom and I lay on the bed, pretended to sleep even though I know I couldn't sleep at all, but if this is a way for me to avoid the awkward moments with Minhyuk, I was willing to do it. I faced the wall and lie as far as possible from him. Without knowing it myself, I fell asleep for a while and when I woke up again, the light at the bedside table was still lit and I peeked at the clock which writes 1:30 AM. Why hasn't he gone to sleep yet? Then I suddenly felt a hand touching my cheek. I didn't dare to move or open my eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to suffer because of me," Minhyuk's voice whispered at my ear. Does he know I am still awake? I stayed completely still, partly because I was surprised by what he said. He my hair lightly for a while.

"Good night," he said finally which startled me a little bit. Then I felt something soft brushing against my cheek. He had planted a kiss on my cheek and moved away from me and turned off the light. It was after a while until I opened my eyes and my hand made its way to the cheek that he kissed me on. A mixed feeling came across my mind. What is the meaning of his apology and the kiss? Does he...... like me now? It's impossible. He only married me because of the money. I told myself. He doesn't care about me, let alone love me. I am thinking too much. Maybe it is because he felt guilty and this is his way of expressing his apology. That doesn't mean he likes me. I am just thinking too much. By telling myself repeatly that it is the case, I fell asleep quickly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost a month passed by and it has still been very awkward between us ever since we are married. I have no motivation to talk to him and there's nothing for us to talk about. Which is completely fine for me. We are just living our life, the whole marriage thing is just a cover story.

It was already late night when Minhyuk returned from work. When I got on the bed and ready to fake sleep to avoid the awkward moments while he sat on the bed reading as usual.

"I am going to be away for 2 weeks," he suddenly said without looking up.

"For what?" I asked casually.

"For a meeting overseas," he said.

"Oh," I said and rest my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. Tomorrow, hopefully I will be able to visit Daehyun since the day of the wedding and I haven't gotten a chance to go see him since Minhyuk will not be home. As I planned for tomorrow's little visit and kept on thinking about Daehyun I didn't notice that the room was now pitch black when I opened my eyes again. Then I felt something wrapping around my waist, my gaze dropped down to the arm that was now around me. I turned slightly and I almost didn't hit Minhyuk with my shoulder. I shifted it a little bit, trying to shake off his grip and he didn't move an inch. His face was so close to me that I can feel him breathing in and out near my neck. I didn't want to wake him up so I remained still and silent for the rest of the night.

The next morning I found the other side of the bed empty and sighed in relieve. Minhyuk is going to be away for 2 weeks which means I can act naturally without trying to avoid awkward moments and I can finally see Daehyun whom I haven't seen for ages. With that thought I got up quickly and got dressed and left.

I made my way to Daehyun's room and found guards in front of the door and I was suddenly worried if something happened to him since the guards aren't usually there. I walked towards them.

"Miss, you can't go in there," one of the guards said.

"What? Why?" I asked frantically, worried that something might actually happened.

"It's the order," he said and I sighed.

"What order?" I asked.

"Is something wrong with him?" I asked again.

"Nothing is wrong, I assure you. But it is the master's order to not let you enter," the guard said.

"Why?" I asked, irritated by the thought that Minhyuk had forbidden me to go see Daehyun.

"I have no idea, he left immediately after he given me this order," he said.

"Well you don't have to tell him, just let me in," I said and shoved him to the side.

"Miss, please, don't make me hurt you," he said. I raised my eyebrows.

"Really? You are going to hurt me?" I asked. The guard remained silent.

"Miss, please, I don't want to loose my job, can you please follow along for this time?" He pleaded. I sighed. I didn't want him to loose his job because of me. I nodded and walked away. What's Minhyuk's problem anyway? He has been acting so weird lately. When he gets back, I am going to get things clarified.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's already been two weeks and I sat at the dining room, having dinner and thinking that Minhyuk should be home by now, but I figured that it might be late night when he returned so I decided to ask him tomorrow. As I kept on thinking about it the door opened and I turned to see Minhyuk walking towards me.

"You are back?" I tried to say it as casual as possible.

"Yeah," he said.

"H-How was it?" I asked.

"It was good," he didn't need to ask to know that I meant the meeting.

"Oh," I said and returned to my plate of food. He took a seat next to me.

"How are you these past two weeks?" He looked at me while I ate.

"Fine," I said.

"That's good," he said and we remained quiet.

"Um, at the place where I had the meeting, there's a restaurant that is famous for its steak, and so I brought you some, the maids and warming it up now," he said.

"Oh..... thank you," I said, surprised. The maid brought in the food as we speak.

"Thank you, I will eat it well," I said and he smiled shyly. The maid set the plate on the table and left the room. The steak smell really good and it looks mouth-watering. Then Minhyuk dragged the plate to him and cut out a small chuck and hold it to my face.

"Ahhh," he said, telling me to open my mouth. I opened it hesitantly and ate it. It was delicious.

"Is it good?" He asked and I nodded. He flashed a smile and fed me another one. The steak was really good that I ate each chuck quickly as Minhyuk cut it out and feed it into my mouth.

"Did you like it?" He asked after I finished the whole thing.

"Yes," I said and he smiled.

"Wait," he said and his arm was around my shoulder, and he gently wiped my mouth with a napkin. Then his eyes met mine, and I looked away from him and turned my head to another direction. He removed his arm and cleared his throat.

"I...... have something to tell you," he said.

"Y-Yeah?" I said. He looked at me straight in the face.

"I'm really sorry if I made you unhappy and ruined things for you," he said.

"Why are you apologizing again? I-" I began but he cut me off.

"There's another thing I want to ask you," he said.

"What?" I asked.

"I think you noticed the awkwardness between us, and I would like us to be friends. After all I don't want to be awkward with you forever," he said. I flinched a little at the word "forever". Does it mean I am stuck with him forever? But he does have a point. We can't always be awkward with each other, assuming that I am never going to leave. Even though he pretty much destroyed everything that makes me happy, but he did apologize and maybe I should be a little nicer to him since his apology was sincere. I hesitated for a while to think this through.

"Okay, friends then," I said finally and he smiled at my acception. Maybe after all of these I'm sorrys in exchange would be friendship between us which used to seem impossible to me at first.

 


Hey guys~ I am back with a new chapter!! School's starting in 3 or 4 more days and I will try my best to update once a week, if not once a week, twice a week. Uh, well, the lyrics at the beginning of this chapter might not relate much to this chapter, but trust me, it does. Just pretend that the lyrics are sung from a guy's point of view :) Still doesn't make much sense? Okay. Think about how Minhyuk had "indirectly" refused to let Heaven go visit Daehyun. Yeah? Get it now? It is also a hint for the the story that I am giving you guys ^^ Anyways thanks to all my wonderful subscribers for subscribing, commenting and reading~~ By the way B.A.P released their replackage album! Crash is such a cute song asdkasdjakljskjfriojfmksa;ak >///< See you guys next time when I update!