Chapter 6

A Place Where I Belong

 

I read the message left from Soohyun on his bed. Soohyun has never arranged his bed as neatly as that. The hand-writing was not Soohyun’s. I recognized that it was Changjo’s hand-writing. Was Changjo here before? Where’s Soohyun? I dropped my bag in my room and directly back to my car, looking for Soohyun. I called Changjo several times, but no one answered it. I was getting sure that Changjo brought Soohyun somewhere out there. I got worried about my one and only brother, Soohyun. I left him to scholl because I didn’t want him to be sicker.

I kept blaming myself while I drove my car nowhere. I kept trying to call Changjo until my battery ran off. I threw my phone to the back seat of my car. Nearly 7 o’clock, I went back to my house, hoping that Soohyun was back. In the front door I saw Changjo’s shoes. So Soohyun has came back. I ran to Soohyun’s room and found him deep asleep on his bed. I went to search for Changjo. I saw him in the kitchen.

‘Changjo!’ I ran to him and hardly hit him in the face. I didn’t care if he was angry or not.

‘What’s wrong with you, huh? You let your only brother passed out and you punched your best friend’s face! Have you lost your mind?!’

‘It should be me who say that! You took my brother nowhere without even telling me! Who do you think you are?!’

I saw Soohyun woke up and came to the kitchen. He looked sleepy.

‘Soohyun, are you okay? Just go back to sleep. You’re not healthy yet. Go to bed now.’ I told him to go while glaring at Changjo. I asked him to go home “politely”,

‘Just to let you know, I called you several times but it seemed like you threw away your phone! Soohyun passed out this afternoon when I came here so automatically I brought him to the nearest hospital!’

‘Why would you bring him?? You’re nothing to him!!’ I shouted at him.

‘Because he’s my long-lost brother!!!’, he shouted and ran to his car.

What did he say? Did he say that Soohyun is his brother? How could that happen? Maybe I heard wrong things. Was Soohyun fine? I need to check him. I touched his forehead and thanks God, his fever has gone. I went back to my room, recalling what happened today. I stood up as I remember Minyoung. I also need to go to her house. I changed my clothes and went to her house. But her mom told me that she didn’t want to meet me so I just went home and decided to ask her tomorrow at school.

My night passed so fast. The hope of meeting Minyoung at school has made me crazily diligent to go to school. I prepared breakfast and woke Soohyun up. He’s fine and I will drop him at school since his body was still weak. But that morning I forgot something important. “PICK UP MINYOUNG”. I drove to school and waited for her in the front gate. Even until the bell rings, she didn’t show up yet. I decided to go to my class and meet her later in her class during break time.

Break Time

‘hey, girls. Do you know where’s Minyoung?’

‘Myungsoo oppa!! Why are you looking for Minyoung? We’re here right? Why don’t we have lunch together?’ some girls are shouting when they saw me but I ignored them and went to look for Minyoung. When I went out from her class I bumped a guy.

‘Yo! Myungsoo! How are you doing?’. He asked with a big grin shown on his face.

‘Aww.. Sorry Hoya. I just didn’t see you before. By the way, did you see Minyoung?’ You’re in one class with her right?’

‘Nope. I think she’s absent. Sick. Her mom came before and told the headmaster.’

‘Okay. Thanks. I got to go now.’

Hoya is a member of basketball team. Manly, cheerful and warm-hearted. I didn’t see him for a long time. I have to spend time with him next time. Now I’ve got to visit Minyoung. Was her disease so bad? Was it getting worse?

Soon after school ended, I hurriedly drove to Minyoung’s house. Not forgetting Soohyun and drop him at home. I knocked the door of Minyoung’s door.

‘Excuse me auntie. Is Minyoung fine? Just want to make sure.’

‘The cute guy from last night. Hi Myungsoo. Want to see her? She’s sleeping in her rrom now.’

‘Sure auntie. Thanks.’

So, I went to her room and found her asleep. I touched her peaceful-looking face and sat beside her bed, waiting for her to wake up. I arranged her things in a proper way. It will surprised her for sure.