Chapter 14

A Place Where I Belong

 ‘…actually he’s fine. It’s just that he is lacking of sleep. Just let his rest well and his condition will sooner get better.’

I slowly opened my eyes and found everything around me was white. Was I in heaven? But I could hear a strange voice before. Was that an angel? Then I heard Soohyun’s and Hoya-hyung’s voices. Aside from their voices, I could hear another stranger’s voice. So, I haven’t gone to heaven, it means I’m still alive. When my eyes were completely opened and my brain has worked properly, I noticed that I was in a hospital. What happened to me? Why am I getting hospitalized? Then I saw Soohyun ran into my side and started asking me thousands of questions.

‘Soohyun, stop it. He hasn’t recovered yet. You can ask that later on when he is healthy enough.’

I heard Hoya-hyung said that to Soohyun. Thank you, hyung. You saved me. When I thought I was fine enough, I asked Hoya-hyung about the stranger’s voice that I heard before.

‘That was Woohyun. Remember him? You’ve met him once.’

‘No, I think I’ve never had a friend named Woohyun. Who is he?’

‘You’re not friend yet with him, aren’t you? He told me that he ever blocked your way to somewhere and had argument with you once.’

Woohyun is that guy? (read chapter 11) He’s one of Hoya-hyung’s friends? How could that happen?

‘I don’t know him, hyung. Is he your friend?’

‘Actually he’s one of our comrades.’

‘What do you mean hyung? What comrade?’

‘I mean, he’s our friend. He helped me to carry you to the hospital before.’

I knew Hoya-hyung was hiding something from me. It was just that he tried to cover it from me. Maybe it’s related to something that happened to me in the past. I have to find out about it as fast as I could.

After being hospitalized for 2 days, I was allowed to go home. Soohyun talked non-stop due to my rare time of sleeping. He was like a mother that talked to her son and got angry to him because he disobeys her. My head hurt again every time he shouted. Soohyun stopped talking when Hoya-hyung increased the volume of the music in the car. I thought that Hoya-hyung must be disturbed too by Soohyun’s shouts.

When I got home, I quickly ran to my room before Soohyun could shout again. Then I thanked Hoya-hyung from my room’s window. I saw him drove away after he waved his hand.

I’ve skipped school for 2 days. And I remembered something important. I promised Miyoung to meet her at school! And I was absent from the school-life for 2 days! Would she think that I’m a liar? I had to make it sure when I went back to school.

The next day I went back to the school. My friends especially Changjo welcomed my return gladly. Then I started to think that if Minyoung is in the same class with Hoya-hyung, it means that she’s older than me! I had to start calling her “noona”.

I felt a little bit nervous when I was going to meet her during break time. When I saw her sat down under a tree at the school backyard, I went there and greeted her.

‘Noona, why are you here? Aren’t you going to eat?’

She turned her head and I thought she was surprised of my new way in calling her.

‘Myungsoo? Why are you calling me “noona”?’

‘Well, you are in the same class with Hoya-hyung. So you are older than me, right?’

‘Who told you that? I might be in the same class with Hoya oppa but I’m younger than you!’

‘How come? It’s obvious that you are a year older than me because you are one level higher than me!’

‘Yaah~ Myungsoo, or should I call you Myungsoo oppa, my teachers in primary told my mom that my brain is capable to go to the next grade earlier. But actually I’m younger than you and I should be in the same class as you.’

I stared at her in my poker face. So she’s that smart? Wow. My hallucination was broken down by her voice again.

‘Myungsoo oppa, wh…’

‘Just call me L.’

‘Okay. L oppa, why did you absent since 2 days ago? Were you sick? I asked Hoya oppa but he said that he didn’t know anything.’

‘Actually it was because I was sleepless. And my brain stopped working for a while.’

‘Were you being hospitalized, oppa?’

I had to lie to her then, ‘Nope. I was resting at home.’

‘I see. Oppa, I need to go now. Mr. Discipline called me to his office.’

‘Okay. Minyoung-ah! Later after school, let me drive you home okay?’

‘Sure!’, she waved and she ran to the school building.

 


I'll try to update one more chapter~XD
 

Please READ,COMMENT, and SUBSCRIBE~~ ^^