Chapter 5

A Place Where I Belong

 

The sound of the alarm woke me up in the morning. That was the first time I sleep peacefully at night. No guilty feeling while I was asleep.

Was it because of her? I can't stop thinking about her.

I went to the bathroom, and saw my reflection in the mirror. I've got a pretty handsome face too. (Just realised it?! He's handsome enough to make me faint)

I felt so happy for the first time since my last day as a human. I went out from bathroom and went looking for Soohyun.

Where is he? Wake up late? I have to peek in his room.

I saw him lying on his bed, covering half his face with blanket.

'Soohyun, are you okay?'

'...'

I went across his bed and touched his forehead. It's so hot!!

'Do you want to skip school today? I can tell the principal that you're sick.'

'No, hyung. I'm fine. I can go to school. Don't worry.'

'Don't force yourself.'

I left him in his room.

I'll just leave him if he's not ready at 6.30.

6.30

I left Soohyun at home, I pitied him. I don't want him to get sick even more. When I'm about to drive away, Minyoung just came out from her house.

'Minyoung!  Wanna go together? I can give you a ride.'

'No thanks. You'll be embarrassed if you give me a ride.'

'Don't worry. I want it. C'mon don't waste our time.'

She smiled at me and I felt that my world has changed. I lost my mind as I drove to the school. What else can be compared to this happy day? Minyoung was sitting beside me, in my car. What will be Changjo’s reaction if he saw me with Minyoung?

@school

‘Thank you, Myungsoo. You helped me a lot.’

‘Don’t worry, if you need help just tell me, I will help you gladly.’

She’s so pretty. No matter how many times I looked at her face.

I bumped into someone as I walked to my class.

‘Myungsoo! Watch your steps as you walk.’

‘Sorry, Sunggyu. I mean it.’

Yeah, Sunggyu, the cool guy that was one of my rivals in this school. He’s good in sports, lessons, and of course good-looking. I continued my way to my class.

‘Where’s Soohyun? Usually you come with him right?’

‘He’s sick. He can’t go to school. Why? Do you wan me to tell him what you wanna say?’

‘No, it’s no need, Myungsoo, I’ll go to your house later to visit Soohyun’

Lunch time

I went to the canteen with Changjo and I saw Minyoung was sitting in one table with Sunggyu! I hoped it was a nightmare.

‘Are you jealous with Sunggyu? You looked scary. Having crush with that girl?’

‘Don’t tease me.’

But I guessed Changjo was right. I had a crush with Minyoung. I’ve decided to ask Minyoung to go home with me this afternoon. I won’t let her go with hat bastard Sunggyu.

‘Ehm.. Minyoung! Do you want to go home with me later?’

‘Sure if you want. I’m fine with it.’ She smiled.

Hell yeah! I did it perfectly. I won’t let that Sunggyu guy took “my” Minyoung.

*bell rings*

I hurriedly went to the front gate. Hoping I’m faster than Sunggyu. I stood there, waiting for Minyoung to go there. Two minutes later I saw Minyoung walked towards my direction. She smiled and I felt like melting. I took her hand and lead her to my car.  I heard a male voice calling her and I speed up. I asked Minyoung what’s her relationship with Sungyu.

‘He’s one of my brothers. Why?’

‘Nothing. Do you like him?’

I waited for several minutes, getting ready to accept the worst answer she could give. But she didn’t answer me for a long time. When I looked at her, she looked pale and she lost her consciousness. I changed my direction and drove as fast as I could to the nearest hospital. As soon as I arrived in the hospital, I asked the nurse to take care of her. As I waited for her my phone rings. I saw the ID of the caller. It was Changjo.

‘Hello’

‘Myungsoo! Where’s Soohyun? I didn’t see him at school.’

‘He’s sick. He’s at home. Why?’

‘Why don’t you tell me earlier?’

He hung up. Why should I tell him about Soohyun?

30 minutes later I went to Minyoung’s room, making sure she was alright. I called her mom to came over and picked you up. Somehow, her mom looked weird when she carried Minyoung to her car. Minyoung’s expression was yet so emotionless. 

I went to my car and drove home. I called Soohyun several times. No answer. Maybe he was asleep. I went to his room, checking if he’s alright. I didn’t see him anywhere in the house! There was just a piece of paper on his neat bed.