Chapter Eight

One Plus One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona woke up on the edge and fell on something soft. She noticed it was a blanket under her. She turned and found Donghae laying there beside her. 

"What is going on?" she asked herself, as she rubbed her tired eyes.

She was going to leave but Donghae started toss around and grab her as if she was a throw pillow hugging her. For the moment, she liked it and she let him. She laid there on his chest and felt his heart beat.

"Why am I falling for you when I  hate you?", she thought to herself.

His warm body warmed hers acting like her personal blanket. She just couldn't leave, she felt too comfortable. She fell asleep on his chest and stayed that way. 

Donghae woke up blinking many times and felt something in his arms. It was her. Yoona was sound asleep on his chest and he smiled. There was a loose strand of hair on her face and as he reached to move it out of the way to see her face, she woke up. 

She squinted and realized what was happening. 

Donghae chuckled, "Couldn't stay away?" 

Yoona didn't respond but was trying to get up but Donghae pinned her down with his arms. 

"Answer me." he said leaned forward.

"Why were you in my room?" she avoided his question.

"Because my room was empty. " he said honestly. 

"I bet you say that to all your girls. " she said rolling her eyes, still stuck on his playboy ways.

"Really? Usually Girls say thank you?" he said getting on top of her and coming close to her face. 

"For what?" Yoona said wondering.

"For scaring away the monsters. "

"Really? Wow. And what do they thank you with?"

Donghae didn't answer but went for her lips.  Yoona found the nearest pillow lying around and shield her face with it. Feeling a soft substance against his lips, he opened his eyes to see a pillow. Yoona aggressively moved Donghae out the way and went to brush her teeth. 

"So cheesy." she said shouting in the hallway,"This isn't a drama!!!"

Donghae rubbed his head thinking of something.  'What day was it today? I should take Yoona some place nice since we are meeting my ex tonight.'

Yoona came back to the room with Donghae still pondering on the floor.

"Uhh, Donghae?"

"Get dressed, Yoona" he said getting up

"For what?" she said confused.

"To go on a picnic." 

This was so sudden, and why a picnic? "'Hmm a picnic? Who's gonna prepare the food?" , She scrunched up her eyebrows.


"Us. Just pack jelly, peanut butter, bread , juice, dessert." he said trailing off.

"That sounds like little kid foods for kids like... You." she said pointing at him.

He jokingly got angry and ran towards her lifting her off the ground. 

"Get me down!" she screamed.

"If you insist," he said throwing her on the bed. 

He walked away, but turned his head to see Yoona's reaction.

"Yah! It's too early for this!" she shouted.

Donghae flashed a smile and left. Yoona groaned and slammed the door. 

'I should wear something pretty to impress him right? So he will be so shocked he won't talk to me.' she said rummaging  through her closet.

Donghae walked to his walk in closet getting dressed. At first, he dressed his usual bad boy self but he wanted to impress Yoona or annoy her. Either one would amuse him. 
He came out with glasses and a sweater vest. The thing was it didn't make him dorky but cute. Going to the kitchen, he fetched items for the picnic and then waited for Yoona in the hallway. Yoona walked out the guestroom as if the fan was Blowing in her face. She was wearing a blue knee length dress that flowed when ever she walked. Donghae was surprised and tried to keep his composure ,but she saw it already. 

"Don't I impress you?" Yoona said coming up to him. She noticed he was wearing glasses. 

She stepped back and saw what Donghae was wearing. Honestly she thought he looked cute but she didn't want to say anything to him. 

"Honestly wouldn't the question be Don't I impress you?" he said reversing the question on her.

Neither of them answered the question. Yoona went downstairs and Donghae followed.

"Have you--- ," She started to say when she saw the picnic basket already set.

" Yep. Done and set" he said in her ear as he passed her side.

Yoona ignored him and looked at the time. They still had 15 minutes so Yoona decided to watch the news and Donghae followed her again.  She the TV and Donghae eyes widen once again like last time. 

'There's something about this girl', Yoona thought. 

Donghae saw his ex once again and smiled at the image and her sweet voice. He didn't notice Yoona looking at him and kept glaring at the screen. Yoona looked up from the screen, seeing him drool over the girl on the screen. Immediately, she became uncomfortable.

"Hey yoona. Something wrong?" Donghae asked after his session of glaring at his ex got interrupted.

"No, just picnic time. " she said casually, ignoring her own feelings.

Donghae didn't respond but grabbed the basket and went out the car. Yoona was in the kitchen smiling at a text message:

From: Khun Oppa

To: Yoona

YOONGIE! I hope you aren't lonely without me! Only a couple days until i come to you! I got you a gift and everything. What did you get me? I'll take anything, plus a kiss.
-----
To: Khun Oppa

From: Yoona

Haha khunnie!  Don't you think my lips are too innocent for you? Haha 
 -----


Donghae honked a horn for Yoona to come outside and Yoona responded right away.  She  put her phone in her room and went outside. The car ride to the park was silent like always and when they reached to the park also. Donghae led Yoona ro a shaded spot under the tree. She laid the red checkered blanket underneath and then set the food up.  Donghae watched her as she sat down.  Yoona lifted her eyes and gave him a bread slice and a knife. He took the knife and bread and spread half jelly and half peanut butter. Taking two slices of her own bread, she spread out peanut butter.
Donghae noticed and asked," You don't like jelly?"


"I do, but not as much as peanut butter...You can kind of say I am a jellt hater." she said Sticking her tongue out. 

Donghae made another sandwich but filled with jelly and held it out for Yoona. 

"What's this?" she said  hesitating whether or not to take it. 

"I made it for you." he said his eyes looking for something that wasn't there.  To his surprise, she took the food.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter