Chapter Twenty - Six

One Plus One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




              Yoona dialed the taxi cab to her way to Nichkhun. She smiled as she thought about the binding of her wedding extended. Part of her was relieved from the pain while the other part just felt the pain. She clutched the phone in her warm hands.  Silently sitting in the backseat of the taxi when the yellow car arrived. She wasn't exactly happy of the outcome. Her feelings inside grew somewhat in a complicated path. The speed of how the taxi driver drove: fast like how her heart was beating. 

"Miss.", The taxi said entering her thoughts. 

Yoona looked up at the window and found her at the location was at. She forced a smile and gave the man the money she owed. 

"I hope he is just there. ", She said to herself as she got up the courage to go inside the cafe. 

Her eyes widen when she spotted Nichkhun writing something on a napkin. She smiled as she walked towards him and sat in a seat. Nichkhun's eyes looked up to her and he gave her a smile. 

"Why are you still here?", she said sliding her phone into her pocket. Nichkhun hid the napkin he wrote on in his pocket.

"I wasn't waiting for you if that is what you are thinking.", He chuckled," You owe me a drink for making me wait though."

"So, you did wait for me. ", She gave out a small laugh, but she didn't mean to make the whole situation funny.

"Do you want anything to drink?"


She forcefully grinned as she looked at Nichkhun call the waitress over.


Meanwhile, Donghae sat at home with his sweats on and his dark circles gaining attention. He sniffled a laugh as he pressed pass a channel.  It hasn't been too long since his incident with Yoona. Jessica worried from her house ever since Donghae banned her from his. 


He sat by the phone in case Yoona ever contacted him like a puppy or a guilty child he wanted to say his apologies. As he played with the channels on his television, he couldn't concentrate on one channel. Donghae was too afraid of his parents, his ruined wedding, and most importantly his heart. Suddenly the phone rang to which he instantly got up from the couch and picked it up with eager. 

"Hello?", He said with a quick reaction. 

"Donghae. Are you alright?",Jessica answered with worrisome in her voice. 

"Don't call me and ask me that. ", Donghae responded with disappointment. 

"Just please don't mope around, okay?", 

"I'm just sitting at home, okay? I won't mope around. "

"Remember our promise. ", Jessica said before she ended the call. 

Donghae pressed the end button slowly as he thought of the promise he gave her when they were alone at the hospital. It might be one of the promises he regrets. 

"Why do I have to be like this? She's just a girl I was engaged with for an ARRANGED marriage. ", He said outloud. 

He flipped the channel to a cooking channel. 

"Today, Get with loved o--"

Donghae turned off the television and got up. 

"I can do pretty good without her.  Maybe without it will be better. I Broken up with many girls and never felt this way. It is just a phase. ", He said agreeing with himself as he got up to his room. 

He entered his closet and grabbed a blue checked shirt and black pants. He took his black shoes and made his hair in three minutes flat. 

He sighed to himself," I don't need her. "

He walked down the stairs fixing his clothing and thinking about what he should do.  As he walked past his living room, he turned off the television and grabbed his phone. 

"Why can't I take my mind off of you?", He sighed taking the car keys as well. 

Donghae went out his way to the front door and the doorbell rings. To his surprise it was Jessica who was already dressed up. She gave him a slight smile seeing him what she hadn't expected at all. 

"Hey. ", Donghae 

"Donghae, Come with me?", She said smiling brightly. 

Donghae hesitated briefly," Uhm, I guess. "

She walked out with Donghae following along her side. 
"I haven't seen you since yesterday.", she sighed as she got into his car. 

He didn't reply or else his memory from the other night would come back. He climbed into the car and shifted it into drive.The car was a silent obstacle that Donghae didn't care to talk in it. Jessica often would look out the window and then look at the unconcerned Donghae. 

"Donghae, can you make a right? I want to window shop and maybe grab a smoothie?", 

Donghae did as he was told and made his right. He was emotionless to the point that he was unreadable to her. 

      * * * *

Donghae walked with Jessica by his side down the streets of all the stores and cafes. He didn't feel excited much but he did feel uplifted. Jessica grabbed his arm showing him a variety of stores for them to go in. Each time he declined to go in. 

"Donghae. Don't do this, pick a store and let's shop. Brand new you. ", Jessica insisted with a pouted face. 

He ignored her reaction," Why don't we go to a clothing store?",

Jessica's eyes widen with glee," Really? Are you going to buy me something?"

"We'll see. ", He said finally giving her a smile which she happily returned. 

She grabbed his hand which he slowly reacted to it by slipping out of her grip. Jessica turned her head to look at him and her empty hand. Donghae looked the other way to avoid eye contact and to explain what he did. She laughed it off to herself which sounded unlike herself. As she tried to make most of the mood, They walked beside each other window shopping with their eyes as they pass the stores.


They passed a cafe that caught Donghae's eye. He walked over and looked through the crystal clear window leaving Jessica's side who was already busy eyeing dresses. The cafe looked modern with an aroma of carmel floating in the air. He took a sniff in the air and tucked hid hands in his pockets. Donghae took a more observant look inside cupping his hands around his eyes and recognized Nichkhun where he sat towards him. In front of Nichkhun there was a girl with brown hair that barely passed her shoulders. Donghae stared at her back waiting for her to turn around to make him doubt his suspicion that it was possibly Yoona.  At that second, a hand slid down arm grabbing it tightly. He looked to his side identifying that it was just Jessica again. 

"Donghae. What are you doing?", She smiled at him as he slid arm from her grip. 

"like you were doing. Just Window shopping", he gave her a slight smile. 

She only nodded silently as she slid her hand back to her sides. Feeling a somewhat unsatisfactory feeling at his forced smile, she still accepted it. 

"A smile is a smile,right?", She thought to herself. 

"I just got--"

"Do you want to get coffee instead?Something to warm your heart?", Jessica but Donghae was in no mood to tease with her like the old days she was trying so hard to get back to. 


Donghae didn't answer so Jessica dragged him inside. At that same time, Yoona and Nichkhun stood up from their seats. 

"No, I don't laugh like a alligator. ", She retorted. 

"I can make you laugh. And you shall see.", He pointed at her. 

Yoona gave a smile as Nichkhun and she turned around to see Donghae staring intently at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter