Chapter Twenty-Five

One Plus One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Yoona cried with the rain surprising herself. She didn't expect her own self to care for some one she hated in the beginning. Seeing the umbrella that Nichkhun held out for her , he was kind enough to only cover her with it. Insisting that she should hold it, she grabbed the umbrella handle. She gripped hard on the umbrella as she stood up putting it over Nichkhun's head. 

"Yoona?", He said concerned as both of them were drenched in the rain water. 

"Can we just go home?", She requested out of him as she tried wipe the tears that disappeared with the rain that flowed down on her. 

He grabbed her arm softly and escorted her towards his car where he last left it. She followed, this time she put the umbrella so both of them wouldn't be drenched in the horrific rain. 
They only had to walk a few steps to his car. Nichkhun opened the passenger door first retrieving a jacket from the inside and then putting in on the shoulders of Yoona.  She climbed in after he walked to the other side to the driver's seat. He glanced at her once more with red eyes before he drove into the traffic that seemed to be more calm than usual. 

Donghae went inside the empty house with heavy steps towards the kitchen. He flipped the light switch on revealing a note right in front of the refrigerator. The fragile note was stuck on with a magnet. Donghae removed the magnet slowly expecting big news that would forever change the present. 

Donghae,

I will stay over a friend's for awhile. Don't worry about our parents, I talked to them. My dad gave us more time. I don't know how long but I will get us time. We really aren't meant to be. Just friends. 

-Yoona. 


He crumbled the note into a ball after he read it word for word. Slowly his heart ached and he gripped his head out of frustration. He threw the paper ball angrily and he was angry at himself for this situation.  He walked once again with heavy steps upstairs to his room where he found a bright light coming through the guestroom. The guestroom where Yoona usually slept. His eyes widen as he ran toward the room only to see a crouched back of Nichkhun collecting Yoona's items.  Donghae gasped in doubt that this couldn't be happening. Nichkhun stood up as he turned around to see Donghae standing by the doorway. Suddenly, He grabbed Nichkhun by the collar and pinned him against the wall. 

"Where is she?", He demanded with a harsh tone in his voice. Why is he in front of me right now?

"She doesn't want to see you. I am just getting her stuff. ", Nichkhun said pushing him off of him and then smoothing out his shirt that wrinkled from Donghae's grip. 

Donghae watched as Nichkhun Zipped up Yoona's luggage and exited out the doorway. Right then, he felt everything he built up just fell apart. He finally realized something that he couldn't believe. Then he remembered the note Yoona written. 

"Hey! You aren't perhaps the friend that she's staying over at right?", Donghae said sighing with tension and pain he was building at the minute. 

"She isn't. Does that ease your mind?", Nichkhun scoffed before walking down the stairs and out the door. 

Donghae followed soon after and watched from the window. Nichkhun dragged the Luggage into the car trunk while Yoona sat in the passenger seat thinking deeply about something. Donghae clearly could see Yoona but could she see him? Nichkhun climbed into the car smiling at her which she slightly responded back with a small smile. She looked out the window spotting Donghae staring back at her through the window. His eyes were tearing up but she couldn't tell by the rain. Out of hatred she had for him once again, she averted her eyes as the car started to drive away. 

Donghae dropped to his knees in hopelessness when he saw someone he could possibly loved drive away with someone else. What could he do at this minute? If he said sorry, would it be the end? Would it be enough? Would it satisfied her heart?

He went to the kitchen grabbing a beer can that was in the back if the refrigerator. Ever since this arranged marriage happened, he never even tried to drink. For the reason, he simply didn't have an answer. He opened the can and quickly drank out of it. He finished that can so quick he could feel the numbness. Opening the fridge again, he opened can after can drinking until he can't feel anymore. The refrigerator stayed opened the night with the cold air hardening his heart. 

Yoona stayed over Sooyoung's house along with Nichkhun who was begging to stay since he was worried about her. She agreed for one night which made him happy. 

"What do you want to do?", Sooyoung said excited to see her. 

"Can I sleep? I am exhausted. ",Yoona sniffled a smile. Sooyoung looked at her and smiled back. She led her way to a empty room with a bed and blanket set up just for her. 

"Just sleep. You don't need to worry. Nichkhun and I have this. ", Sooyoung patted softly on Yoona's shoulder as they entered the room. She could tell that her friend was barely able to stand. 

Yoona turned to Sooyoung and tears flowed out of her like a river. Sooyoung brought her into her arms and hughrd her. She patted softly as she heard Yoona's silent cries. 

"I am stupid. ", Yoona sniffled with her wavering voice softly coming out of . 

Sooyoung didn't even say a word but comfort her friend who seem to run out of bottled up feelings. She was exploding from the pain she obviously been put up with and kept in. Nichkhun folded up the blanket in the living room and set the pillow aside for him to sleep later. He checked his phone for any missing calls and then the television. Constantly flipping the channels with no interest, he got up to go see his dear friend. 

"Hey Yoona. ", He said in the hallway but no one responded back. Thinking it was odd, he went to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter